Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens Goal Song

+11
Kevy
kenner60981
GeneralTwit
drifter
bigE88
hockeybeats
GENNY
archer_gens
JPH
ohagan
ogf
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gens Goal Song Empty Gens Goal Song

Post by ogf Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:47 pm

Beats...that is the Best, DON'T change it. It is/was also the same goal song of the Stanley Cup Champions Chicago Blawk Hawks.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Gens Goal Song Empty Re: Gens Goal Song

Post by ohagan Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:01 am

ya, i vote for that goal song as well, its good

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:06 am

if you can hear it 9 times, and it still rocks, you have yourself a winner!

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:10 am

Thumbs up
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:13 am

ya i agree i like it to.

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:17 am

The speakers were a little too loud at the beginning. So much so that they were distorting. Sounds like we all like the goal song. I'm partial to Song 2 by Blur but I'm obviously way outvoted here. Keep up the good work beats.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:47 am

Song 2 won't happen because the Petes use it - even though it is a remix but still, same song. At the end of the day, Rocco Tullio likes Chelsea Dagger and so Chelsea Dagger it is. My preference is a mix of songs but at the end of the day, in the event of disagreement, it was obvious who won out. Laughing

I can live with it, I fixed what I thought was the most annoying which was a long horn blast and then a short one so now it's two long blasts. The music was too loud today I thought and I know some others thought so too.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:36 am

how about that song Philadelphia Flyers play when they score a goal ? much better than Chelsea Dagger IMO. Im partial because I hate the Chicago Blackhawks.
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:43 am

bigE88 wrote:how about that song Philadelphia Flyers play when they score a goal ? much better than Chelsea Dagger IMO. Im partial because I hate the Chicago Blackhawks.

pretty sure that is the one they played on the ex game. sounded awful.

JPH

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:15 am

JPH wrote:
bigE88 wrote:how about that song Philadelphia Flyers play when they score a goal ? much better than Chelsea Dagger IMO. Im partial because I hate the Chicago Blackhawks.

pretty sure that is the one they played on the ex game. sounded awful.

yeah well anything would sound awful in front of 1500 people if that who showed up
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:29 am

Beats, Was glad to hear the goal song on Friday.Loved it. Play some oldies in the intermissions though will ya. I hate rap. But the younger ones like it. Mix it up please.

Thanks
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralTwit Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:02 pm

The Ottawa 67's are also using Chelsea Dagger this season, and have been since PreSeason started.

GeneralTwit

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:21 pm

1st intermission featured Chuck Berry and Flo Rida. If that isn't variety, I don't know what is. Laughing

To be fair, Terry Johnston was talking about the cars during Ridin' along in my automobile so you heard more of the song you don't like. I usually try and go one pop song, one modern rock and one classic rock or oldies during each intermission but I do stray from that sometimes.

I'm trying to remember what else I played during the intermissions, I believe there was Katy Perry and the Stone Temple Pilots but I can't clearly remember.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by kenner60981 Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:02 am

Beats you also played Roxy Roller during the second intermission by sweeney todd.

kenner60981

Number of posts : 66
Seat Section : on the glass 110
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:34 pm

People have mentioned this a few times already, but i just noticed it for the first time myself at the game yesterday

That music is waaayyy too loud
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 108 Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Hey Beats! Just a little off topic but what was the song you played at the beginning of the 3rd on Monday as the Gens were coming on the ice?

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:42 pm

If it's the same one he played against the petes in that 9-2 game, it would be Scooter - Jadore Hardcore

JPH

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:51 am

It was indeed J'adore hardcore by Scooter. Thanks JPH for suggesting that song on the other music thread, I like that one!

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 108 Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:38 am

Thanks guys! I really liked it too.

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeynightinontario Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:37 pm

I vote for Bro Hymn by Pennywise since its not used by any OHL team to my knowledge (it's the Ducks and Flyers goal music). But as long as it's the same song everytime, that's the main thing! I find it significant to have a song you associate with your team scoring.

hockeynightinontario

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:45 pm

Thought the music in the game on sunday October 18th was (and please do not take offence) as lacklustre as the game - The third period should have been a noisy effort on behalf of the 'DJ' to stir the crowd and the players - there must be music out there that is roof raising and stirring? I am not an expert on such things, but found it a little boring.

On another note, the volume was turned down 2 seconds after the Dips interview with RL on the big screen - the next song came on, it was loud(ish) and the volume was reduced so low that it wouldn't stir a mouse!

I think the players would feed off some 'aggressive' music especially after a 3 in 3 weekend.
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:08 pm

The goal song we have now is great. If anything was changed, I would shorten up the horns when the goal goes in and play more of the song.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeynightinontario Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 pm

I very much appreciated quieter volume on Sunday. I'm not averse to loud music, but a couple of games, it's played well above the capabilities of the sound system, and the result is ear piercing and truly painful.
Music wise, I consider organ music to be the ultimate hockey music. Beyond that, hard rock and classic rock. Rap isn't hockey music to me, but the true scourge is reserved for club music and boosh boosh stuff. Clubs are trendy, showy, look at me places. Hockey is grit, teamwork, perseverance. And you're much better on music selection than almost any other OHL arena. I like Niagara's music too. Barrie is bad. Peterborough is torture. Brampton is alright.

The only time it's truly awful in Oshawa -- sorry, I know it's the players who choose it -- is the warm up music. Total club crap! I actually try to avoid coming into the arena until after the warmups because of the stuff the players chose!!'LOL

hockeynightinontario

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:24 pm

blakejo wrote:Thought the music in the game on sunday October 18th was (and please do not take offence) as lacklustre as the game - The third period should have been a noisy effort on behalf of the 'DJ' to stir the crowd and the players - there must be music out there that is roof raising and stirring? I am not an expert on such things, but found it a little boring.

On another note, the volume was turned down 2 seconds after the Dips interview with RL on the big screen - the next song came on, it was loud(ish) and the volume was reduced so low that it wouldn't stir a mouse!

I think the players would feed off some 'aggressive' music especially after a 3 in 3 weekend.

The music feeds off of the game. Sometimes there's nothing to stir. The third period was one of those times. That's not to say that any 5-2 game is out of reach - but that one was. I'm not going to play things that are heavy and aggressive when you can hear a pin drop in the place. It wouldn't have accomplished anything. I don't think it was that mellow and lacklustre for the first few minutes of the third but it certainly was mellower in the second half of the period except for some songs for the kids like the YMCA, Chicken dance and MC Hammer.

As for volume, I could tell that it was quieter than usual. I'm not making that call nor can I tell how loud it is really from the upper level corner (although I can offer suggestions and give my input). From what I was told, the volume level was acceptable but since it was quieter than usual, I'm not surprised that some were happy and some thought it was too quiet. You really can't satisfy everybody with that. There is no happy medium.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:47 pm

The current gens goal song is really lame /gay as far as I ' concerned my daughter and I hate it , but hey we love the goals , whatever happened to the song in our hay days , don't know the name of course , da da da da da hey ! Da da da da da hey ! With everyone trowing their arms up on the hey par ! ......thats my all time fav

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next