Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyler Biggs picked by Toronto

+4
TipcoSr
Rooster
archer_gens
Gens Camper
8 posters

Go down

Tyler Biggs picked by Toronto Empty Tyler Biggs picked by Toronto

Post by Gens Camper Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:58 am

Well all you Leaf fans must be happy BUT all you GENS fans are not - Burke is a NCAA fan and I doubt he would want Tyler to play here in Oshawa - too bad because he would develop better here than in the U S A

Oh well you can watch him at the rookie tournament in Sept. For us GENS fans the Leafs would be the last team you would want him to go to as they will want him in the U S A

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Tyler Biggs picked by Toronto Empty Re: Tyler Biggs picked by Toronto

Post by archer_gens Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:06 am

Its ok I'm sure he will get lots of boos if he hasn't signed with us come the rookie tournament.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:30 am

The only way Biggs comes to Oshawa is if Oshawa is able to convince him. The Leafs will not will not get involved with this decision as both programs are considered strong.

Rooster
Rooster

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:04 am

Not sure I agree with the Leafs part Rooster. The Leafs forced Jerry D'Amigo to Kitchener last year. I have no idea what the thought process is on Biggs, but Toronto might want him in their backyard to follow his progress. The OHL plays alot more games.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:51 pm

Quotes from Biggs on HF Boards. " Both (Connor Murphy and Biggs) are looking forward to Miami." Says Biggs, "I'm ecstatic.I had a great relationship with the coaches right off the bat through the recruiting process."... "Me and Connor have been great friends. He's actually going to be my roommate." These statements plus the fact that Burke's son attended Miami do not bode well with Biggs showing up in Oshawa.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:10 pm

TipcoSr wrote:Not sure I agree with the Leafs part Rooster. The Leafs forced Jerry D'Amigo to Kitchener last year. I have no idea what the thought process is on Biggs, but Toronto might want him in their backyard to follow his progress. The OHL plays alot more games.

I'm not trying to name drop or anything but I actually asked Brian Burke this and he said he would not interfere with Bigg's "very personal choice" unless it was a bad program. Burkie believes Miami is a good program. Unfortately, Dips and all are going to have to recruit on their own.

I find it very surprising that it's believed the Leafs forced D'Amigo to go to Kitchener based on what Burkie told me. As you sure of that or was it Kitchener doing a good recruit job?

Rooster
Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:30 pm

Rooster, I have no idea, but, Jerry was playing for the Marlies and the Leafs reasigned him to Kitchener.....for what reason, I have no idea. Kitchener or any other OHL team is not going to pry a kid from the AHL.....it was the Leafs, not the Rangers. If the Leafs deem he will get more out of Miami than the OHL so be it. With the OHL playing so many more games, and considered the best developers in the world, I can't see how, but then again, the last Cup for the Leafs was 67. The great players that they draft usually play elsewhere and become stars. Time will tell and we will see. I hope he comes here, I would really like to see him play on a consistant basis.

With the moves the Leafs have made over the past couple years (including Liles this week), they are becoming a much better team....hopefully they continue to move forward and develop the kid in Oshawa. NCAA don't play alot of games....the OHL and NHL do.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:02 am

TipcoSr, I'm not sure but once a player plays in the AHL, I don't think going back to college is an option... I could be wrong. Maybe someone here knows for certian. I know the Rangers had his OHL rights. Maybe Kitchener convinced him to come if he wasn't ready for the AHL. I don't know for sure.

I'm just trying to explain what I was told. Burkie will not ask Biggs to go to Oshawa. Too bad for us. It's up to Dips.

Rooster
Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:25 pm

looks like a wasted 2nd rd pick - even more so when he said before the draft - don't pick me - I'm going NCAA

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:40 am

Very quiet in Gens land, the league seems abuzz with transactions. Hoping we do something so we have something to talk about that will for sure improve our team. From everything I have read Biggs isn't coming. Sure would be nice though.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:06 am

Why do the Gen's have to do something, remember you have to give something to get something, so what's the point we have a a good team for the up and coming season,just look @ the NHL draft 5 players pick most in the OHL and tied with the Memorial Cup Champs Sea Dogs.If we get Andreoff back as an OA.. WOW, and as for Biggs I applaud Dips to taking a chance on drafting him and who knows what will happen.
you don't make trades just to make trades,you make sure it is right for the progression of the direction the Gen's are going,thinker closer to the OHL trading deadline not now.
Just my opinion
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:36 pm

I agree, steamed. Occasionally, you take a flyer on a Biggs , especially if you have some kind of connection/pipeline. A"second" was a bit of a high risk. What I hoped to see was a move up the import draft ladder. Look at what Hunter pulled off to get the #1 overall and he probably has a high-end/star player signed, sealed and ready to deliver. Mind you, he paid a price but at the rate he deals that London team will be a contender this year and taking a run at the Mem Cup the year after. Hunter and Rychel are movers and shakers and at the very least stir the pot!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Hunter has done it again, Jaycro. Let's see how our management responds. We have some good talentPOSSIBLY returning but the Sea Dogs have great talent. That is where we need to go for the future. Happy summer all.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:00 pm

We go no where without goaltending. Other then that I agree we have a good group. Maybe a dman depending on who comes back
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:56 am

There might be a crack in the door. A rumour on the HF Board has Connor Murphy de-commiting from U. of Miami- Ohio and reporting to Sarnia. If you saw my earlier post here, Biggs was high on Murphy as a roommate etc., etc. Maybe Biggs will reconsider now his buddy has left!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Here is an interesting fact Tyler Biggs is the only 1st Rounder from 2011 left, that is still going the #NCAA route.Will he continue the trend..let's hope
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:54 pm

well can't blame Dipiero for the biggs thing , it was a worthwhile gamble in my view , by all righst and common sense biggs should sign with the gens just like all the other top 2011 picks have done signing with their respective junior teams , its the best development league for future nhl 'ers in the mind of just about every general manager in the league and except for the one that drafted biggs , burke .
burke prefers US players , US college over the OHL , just look AT THE LEAFS , the team is loaded with american players and personnel , it really is getting getting ridiculous

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:57 pm

my bet is biggs will stay in the US college system , until its time to play pro . Too bad because the gens would have benefitted and so would have biggs , he has the talent , size and nastiness to really compete in our league , while being challenged at the same time , he won't get the challenge nor the games in US college .

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Yeah, can't see him reconsidering after repeatedly saying to DePiero he wasn't reporting. Maybe in 2012-2013? There is a lot to be said for the college route, the collegiality, the campus life and fewer games, played primarily on weekends. But... you can play OHL and still go to school here in Oshawa and surrounds!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:43 am

The OHL is by far the best developmental league in the world by far.

The OHL plays a pro syle schedule, and playoff and mentors players to be great on & off the ice individuals, while supporting their education wishes.

This is why Mr.Jensen came here from Denmark, Mr. Lessio also signed plus others.

As far as Burkie goes he is not thinking in the best interest of his players to not play in the OHL - if you are an elite prospect you play in the elite league
simple.

Tyler's game is an OHL type game - however if he wishes to snub OSHAWA - so be it - we will move on.

BUT the timing is bad an NHL mini camp at the GMC with the LEAFS - could you imagine ticket sales if he signed with the GENS - but if he doesn't sign - ticket sales could be very slow

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:18 pm

There is a slim chance that Biggs will be in a Gen's uniform as he was cut from US National Junior Evaluation Camp...
Let's hope
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:11 pm

he's noot attending leafs rookie camp, i would assume that means 100% no chance he's a gen this year Sad
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down