Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is long time Roger finally gone

+4
KHE
UGENS
hockeybeats
Gens Camper
8 posters

Go down

Is long time Roger finally gone Empty Is long time Roger finally gone

Post by Gens Camper Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:16 am

The Majors have just announced that Roger Lajoie is Vice president of the Missy Majors he always promotes the majors never mentions the Gens

I am not sure why he did Gens and Majors games at the same time.

Hopefully he is out as a GENS announcer on Rogers or any where in GENS house

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:15 am Post subject: Majors Executive Vice-President

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mississauga Majors have announced that Roger Lajoie is their new Executive Vice President.

Hopefully this now means I never have to listen to him call a Majors game ever again, there are TWO teams Rog!

http://www.stmichaelsmajors.com/article/majors-name-lajoie-executive-vice-president

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Is long time Roger finally gone Empty Re: Is long time Roger finally gone

Post by hockeybeats Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:38 pm

Well the Majors certainly need the promotion a heck of a lot more than the Gens do! I think Roger promotes the OHL as a whole when he's on the Fan. It's usually in the tone of saying how one can go to Mississauga or Brampton or Oshawa and pay under $20 to watch a very entertaining brand and high level of hockey. He didn't promote the Gens specifically but when the OHL was the topic of discussion, I thought he mentioned all three.

While this may look like he's gone, Roger is known for working several positions at the same time so maybe he'll find a way to make it work although with Mississauga often playing Sunday afternoons and the Gens often playing Sunday evenings, short of acquiring a helicopter to instantaneously travel between the two, I think he might have to give up something at this point.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:37 pm

With Roger now being Vice President of Majors for him to work for the Gens tv broadcast would be a conflict of interest!! Gee Maybe they could get Mike Luck and Rob Snoek to do both the radio and TV broadcast together and everyone would be happy in Gens Land!!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:46 am

UGENS wrote:With Roger now being Vice President of Majors for him to work for the Gens tv broadcast would be a conflict of interest!! Gee Maybe they could get Mike Luck and Rob Snoek to do both the radio and TV broadcast together and everyone would be happy in Gens Land!!!

UGENS(Karon)

HERE HERE!!

There's an idea. Have you heard any news of the Gens being back on the radio next year???

KHE

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:43 pm

No I haven't KHE, I just thought that would be a terrific idea, get the radio back and have them do both it's been done before. I would love to hear that the radio broadcast was back, I miss it . I hate listening to other teams announcers and their biased opinions !!! At least when we had radio I could shut the sound off the TV and listen to Rob and Mike!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:48 am

I miss the radio as well and it does cost the team in promotional sales, you would think we were a lower population based team.

The only way to broadcast the rogers cable feed on the radio would be for Rogers 10 to buy the radio station - GREAT IDEA.

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Petes have managed to save their radio broadcasts...and now they have our former play-by-play guy Rob Snoek.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3268004

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:59 am

generalsfan wrote:Petes have managed to save their radio broadcasts...and now they have our former play-by-play guy Rob Snoek.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3268004

They can have him,he was always 4 whistles behind the play,I for one am happy Very Happy that I don't have to listen to his voice doing a Gens game if they ever get back on the radio( I'm a season ticket holder and would only listen to the road games)

my opinion
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:26 pm

I would rather have a guy 4 whistles behind the play than no play by play

announcer

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Obviously steamed you never watched the game and listened to Rob because he was always ahead of the tv play by play . I will miss Rob he went to a lot of trouble to have info on the lads just like Jim Gilcrest did in the day . I'd rather have a guy who did care to know facts about the players and the team and still have the radio broadcast, shame on the team for letting Rob get away to the Peterborough Pukes!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:14 pm

UGENS wrote:Obviously steamed you never watched the game and listened to Rob because he was always ahead of the tv play by play . I will miss Rob he went to a lot of trouble to have info on the lads just like Jim Gilcrest did in the day . I'd rather have a guy who did care to know facts about the players and the team and still have the radio broadcast, shame on the team for letting Rob get away to the Peterborough Pukes!!

UGENS(Karon)

Like I said @ the end of my post MY OPINION this was not a personal attack on Rob because I'm sure his is a nice guy I just didn't care for his broadcasting.And again this is my opinion.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventhman Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:34 pm

I really enjoyed the radio broadcasts for the away games and wish they would re-instate them. Seems a shame we are one of only a few OHL teams not to have live radio coverage.

Seventhman

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:16 am

I'd love radio back, but I'm with steamed regarding Snoek. I'm not holding my breath for any radio development though.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down