Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brad Latour Signing

+3
oshawalover27
archer_gens
jaycro
7 posters

Go down

Brad Latour Signing Empty Brad Latour Signing

Post by jaycro Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:49 am

With the signing of Brad Latour, I see that as the end of the line for Emerson Clark who has already suggested that he is probably done with the Gens. Always liked Clark's energy level and enthusiasm but somewhat limited skill set as a last year player makes him a non-essential candidate for this year's team. Putting a younger player who has similar skills and maybe mre potential talent will strengthen the Gens for this year and the next. in his spot. Could be wrong but we'll see.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Brad Latour Signing Empty Re: Brad Latour Signing

Post by archer_gens Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:21 pm

When did Emerson come out and say that? Cuz that's not how I heard it at all.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Thought I saw that ina newspaper article or here, on-line when there was speculation about him playing lacrosse in Whitby. Might have misread that, however.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Archer_gens, see the Generals Hockey Discussion section under the 'Whitby Warriors' thread and the comment dated Mon. June 06 by 'steamed'. This I what I remembered seeing.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by oshawalover27 Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:00 pm

jaycro, you have always made me laugh on this site due to your lack of knowledge about hockey/ Oshawa generals, second of all Clark will be returning to the Generals and has never once said anything about quitting

oshawalover27

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:53 pm

You of 2 posts hurt me to the quick. I will respond in October when the team cuts have been finalized, either with a mea culpa or "told you so". We'll see! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Jaycro could you make me laugh too it is a tough day. Oshawalover27 what in your background makes you an expert on anything but putdowns?

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:48 pm

Season hasn't even come close to starting and we have the 2 post internet warriors coming out of the woodwork. I remember about half a dozen last year, always showing up whenever someone said anything about Clark.

Coming up next, from the creator of "oshawalover27" It's an all new "oshawalover28" For a very limited engagement of course.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:38 am

Clearly a Slow Summer for the Gens. I can't wait!
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:41 pm

No way I would EVER trade Clarke , he is a real team player , and he truly intimidates the opposition , he is not a nut bar , that gets stupid penalties or gets in trouble with the officials , he is controlled . besides that I think given more ice time the kid can play .".........don't be distracted by his size he is unbelievably strong .

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Clarke is an integral player on the Whitby warriors march to the minto this year , to see him out there keeping the opposition in line has been impressive , fear factor baby , it really works , keeps everyone honest . Dont kid yourself jaycro, having CLarke on the ice or on the bench gives lesio, jensen , etc a lot of freedom to do their thing without fear of being harpooned by someone's stick or run thru the boards "........Latour replace Clarke , not for awhile yet I'm sure

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:58 pm

At the beginning of last season I said Clarke should not be on the team. He proved me wrong. He was a very useful player and for the most part took penalties only at the appropriate times.

I think he fulfills a role and no longer hurts the Gens when he is on the ice. He deserves a lot of credit for his efforts in my view.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:06 pm

Again Oshawa fan I must agree. I am not his biggest fan but what you acknowledge above is true. In my first post to intro this thread, I also credit him with being an energy guy who plays the game with enthusiasm. I just wish we had someone, a clone, who is bigger, a legit 'heavyweight" who might contribute a bit more in the points area, although I think Clarke could more than double his points output given the chance

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by oshawalover27 Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:49 pm

And by "heavyweight " you mean ?? jaycro here you go again Clark fought the TOUGHEST "heavyweights" in the league last year... lets take O'neil for an example the guy is a walk on with the Islanders and Clark beat him pretty bad... So define heavyweight ? Or we could take Mathers for an example .. i would easily call that a draw or a narrow win for Mathers and he was known to be the toughest guy in the league for the 2010 ohl season ... Not saying Clark is the toughest but he can hold is own with any guy in the league or even win alot of them, he is alot like Tie domi and love his style of play so does all of Oshawa besides you

oshawalover27

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down