Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

andy andreoff

+3
gensfan4life3232
archer_gens
5forfighting
7 posters

Go down

andy andreoff Empty andy andreoff

Post by 5forfighting Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Doesn't look good for andy to be returning:

@mayorNHL: Confirming pre-camp article on MayorsManor, #LAKings coach Terry Murray raves about Andy Andreoff 2day. Think 'penciled in' for Manchester

That's good for Andy as he has worked super hard to get where he is, kinda sucks for the gens as really good have used him this year!

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

andy andreoff Empty Re: andy andreoff

Post by archer_gens Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:14 am

Whats bad for the Gens could also be a blessing. I love Andreoff but we are stongest up front. It frees up a spot to trade for an OA Defencemen or Goalie at the deadline for a bargain price. Without being the organization that has to cut an OA that has proven themselves.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:17 am

Just another little article I found on Andy:

Now, he shares a few thoughts on forward Andy Andreoff, selected by the team in the third round of the this past June's draft.

As you may recall from a recent interview posted with Andreoff, he's an over-age player, meaning he can turn pro this season or go back to the OHL for one more year.

And where he might end up is apparently already on Murray's mind...

"I've asked that question myself already coming into camp because I liked what I saw in the Development Camp in July. He's a pretty gritty guy. He's in everybody's face right away - 'You want to try me out, let's go!' Physically, he's a pretty mature kid. I don't want to talk in-house secrets, but he might be penciled in to be a player who gets a look here in Manchester at the start - go to the (main) camp, get into a couple of exhibition games, see what happens. Then, we can always make a decision from there. To me, he's right on the cusp of being able to make that jump."

Leave it to Murray to change the question. Just when it looked like the majority of attention for the games against Phoenix could be placed on Brandon Kozun and Tyler Toffoli, the coach stirs things up.

Tomorrow night should be fun.

To read Andreoff's interview posted a few days ago, click here.

On a side not I'm sure if we need another OA defenceman, but I can see you point on a OA Goalie. I'd rather keep Andy and get rid of Maggio (since we can only have 3). Of course as you can tell from my thread--I may be a bit bias:)

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:01 pm

why do the gens need an oa goalie for we already have 2 goalies doesn't make sense to me at all im so confused about this.
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:45 pm

our one goalie isn't good, the new one we aren't sure about yet.. if we make a push for the playoffs we need a good goalie

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:15 am

I don't know what could possibly be confusing about my statement, one goalie has had multiple chances and never ever made the best of them and two our new all star rookie goalie is just that a rookie.

Whats the percentage of teams that win the OHL championship with a rookie goalie, I'd guess not good. Not that it's impossible.

Altshuller will be great when we start to rebuild next year, and will be around for a few seasons. But relying on him his a huge gamble, and the Gens clock is ticking. Where will be next year when theres no Andreoff, Thomas, Jenner, Jensen, Lessio?

I think the best thing to do, and it's just my opinion would be to give Altshuller the majority of the starts between now and the deadline, and then no matter what bring in a goalie at the deadline as assurance, give Altshuller 1 in every 3 or 4 games down the stretch, and that way we break him in and as the pressure mounts it won't become to much. That and we're set in goal that way.

Our last two great goalies (Balie and Zador) were busts compared to the hype at least. Been there done that, don't want to put all the eggs in one basket.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:00 am

"Eggsactly!"

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm

archer_gens wrote:I don't know what could possibly be confusing about my statement, one goalie has had multiple chances and never ever made the best of them and two our new all star rookie goalie is just that a rookie.

Whats the percentage of teams that win the OHL championship with a rookie goalie, I'd guess not good. Not that it's impossible.

Altshuller will be great when we start to rebuild next year, and will be around for a few seasons. But relying on him his a huge gamble, and the Gens clock is ticking. Where will be next year when theres no Andreoff, Thomas, Jenner, Jensen, Lessio?

I think the best thing to do, and it's just my opinion would be to give Altshuller the majority of the starts between now and the deadline, and then no matter what bring in a goalie at the deadline as assurance, give Altshuller 1 in every 3 or 4 games down the stretch, and that way we break him in and as the pressure mounts it won't become to much. That and we're set in goal that way.

Our last two great goalies (Balie and Zador) were busts compared to the hype at least. Been there done that, don't want to put all the eggs in one basket.

Correct me if I'm wrong but won't Jenner, Jensen and Lessio still be in the OHL next year assuming they are not in the NHL? Thomas more than likely will either be in the AHL or the NHL.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bologna Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:02 pm

yep thats right because you have to have 4 years of junior before you can play in the ahl...and lessio and jensen will have 2 after this year and jenner 3

bologna

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:14 am

Jensen is elligible for the AHL this year I believe. I thought the 4 year rule doesn't apply to Imports, could be wrong. There is also a possibility of one of Jenner/Lessio improving enough to be in the NHL next year, depending on where there NHL teams are at.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down