Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belleville @ Oshawa - Friday, February 17th

+2
Gens_Fan_22
Generalizations
6 posters

Go down

Belleville @ Oshawa - Friday, February 17th Empty Belleville @ Oshawa - Friday, February 17th

Post by Generalizations Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:53 am

I'm looking forward to this game alot. We need the extra 2 point spread over the Bulls, to go along with Peterborough's loss to Kingston tonight cheers

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Belleville @ Oshawa - Friday, February 17th Empty Re: Belleville @ Oshawa - Friday, February 17th

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Should be a great crowd tonight......almost sold out as per box office.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Belleville @ Oshawa - Friday, February 17th Empty Re: Belleville @ Oshawa - Friday, February 17th

Post by KHE Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Oshawa needs a 3 win weekend very very badly. They will be right with Barrie this weekend if they can pull it off.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:29 am

cheers WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That was fun tonight,gens looked great,played a great game,lets hope they can continue this all weekend and win both over BARRIE.

The Andreeoff fight then getting tossed sucked but rules are rules i guess.Dumb move but what can ya do,lets hope he does'nt do that again.That by the way IS A VERY BS STUPIED RULE!!!!

But GO GENS GO for the rest of the weekend!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:56 am

I would have expected this many fights against Peterborough, rather than Belleville.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:04 am

Amazing!

Crazy how a different team shows up some nights.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:58 am

gensfanforever wrote: :cThat by the way IS A VERY BS STUPIED RULE!!

Very Happy

Actually I think it is great rule. Knowing what we now know about the long term effects of fighting for former players later in life staged fights have no place in the game (if indeed fighting does at all). Andy was a willing participant as he was chatting with Brassard in what seemed like a friendly fashion before the puck dropped.

Many of the Gens had strong games as did Baillie. I never thought the Gens would score like that on Subban. The first goal by Thomas was a goal scorer's goal. It is nice to see him finding the net (well most of the time anyway).

The Gens need to continue the hard work for rest of the weekend.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:28 pm

The staged fight rule makes no sense, and it is called with zero consistancy.

Once the rule was announced, many posters on NOOF simply said "well all you have to do is skate around for a few seconds and then go"

I have seen multiple instances of exactly this happening, with no extra misconducts being handed out. For it to be handed out on this game is ridiculous, unless there had been an amendmant to the rule, that the teams know about. On the same token, Reffing was hilarious throughout the night for both teams, so no real surpise.

I think it was a dumb move to fight off the draw anyway, as even if it was simply a 5, Andreoff isnt the guy I want in the box.

Gens looked good, Subban really seems to have dropped off since his Injury, and I'm glad we took advantage of that. Bailie was solid, and continues to make it really hard for Altshuller to get starts. That is a good thing.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:35 pm

I thought the referring was on par with the usual. Inconsistent and often just plain stupid. How anyone can figure out what is interference when it seemed to change almost minute to minute is beyond me.

I agree the staged fight rule could have been called more often and even on more than one occasion last night.

The only legitimate fight was Clark's after what I thought was a charge on Thomas.

I keep waiting for Altshuller to get a start but Baillie seems to be getting better each time.

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Well you called for Altshuller and he crapped the bed...what a suprise Rolling Eyes

And one more thing...........FIGHTING WILL ALWAYS BE A PART OF HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CANT WAIT FOR "GOON" TO COME OUT IN THEATRES!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:54 am

gensfanforever wrote:Well you called for Altshuller and he crapped the bed...what a suprise Rolling Eyes

And one more thing...........FIGHTING WILL ALWAYS BE A PART OF HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CANT WAIT FOR "GOON" TO COME OUT IN THEATRES!!!!!!

You misunderstood my post. I was not saying start Altshuller only that I thought Agnew would have given him a start somewhere along the way but Baillie was playing so well he was making it hard. I was surprised to see Altshuller last night. And yes he started really poorly I was surprised he was not pulled early on.

As to fighting and particularly the staged fight, when Branch says he is going to crack down and then you go on your Twitter account and talk about your planned fight (as per the Barrie announcers) you are asking to be penalized. Andreoff was brought back to provide on-ice performance not start the game in the penalty box for 5 minutes as he has done a few times this year.

My post said staged fights do not have place in the game. I would be happy to see the end of those.

As to fighting always being part of hockey I am not at all sure you are correct. Pressure is building on the leagues to deal with the medical evidence of brain damage particularly to fighters (although the Richard Martin information is really troubling). Brain injury is a concern to hockey parents as it is to many former players. It may take some time but fighting may not be here forever. We used to have bench-clearing brawls and line brawls. The emptying of the benches simply does not happen and line brawls are a rarity given the second fight rule.

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down