Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEASON OPENER! Gens vs Spitfires.

+2
ag48
archer_gens
6 posters

Go down

SEASON OPENER! Gens vs Spitfires. Empty SEASON OPENER! Gens vs Spitfires.

Post by archer_gens Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:21 pm

The Season has Arrived

Looking forward to seeing what line combos the coach has decided on.

As long as the Gens play there hardest I think we are going to be in for a pretty decent season.

Win or Lose, I love watching a team try.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

SEASON OPENER! Gens vs Spitfires. Empty Re: SEASON OPENER! Gens vs Spitfires.

Post by ag48 Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:39 pm

i'm with you on that archer.....win lose or draw be a sport.

can't wait for the home games but i'll miss the first home game away on vacation but back for Oct 6th game.

good luck boys i'm with you all the way this season.....My 3rd

ag48

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Gens lines as tweeted by Jim Parker from the Windsor Star @winstarparker:

Altshuller starts.

Latour - Cassels - Manchurek
Dal Colle - Sterk - Smith
Lloyd - Harding - Dundas
Robertson - Hughes - Hore

Petschenig - Brown
Carlisle - Kuronen
Vande Sompel - Suellentrop

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:59 am

Congratulations to the Gens on winning their season opener 4-3! Very Happy

Dal Colle and Sterk combined for 7 points between them. Dal Colle with 2G, 2A and Sterk with 1G, 2A in his first game with the Gens. Smith with the GWG.

The 5 penalties in 7 minutes in the 2nd (resulting in multiple 2 man advantages for Windsor) sure made things interesting. Gens took 7 straight penalties before getting a couple PPs late in the game. With the scoring we're missing from last year, it was a nice surprise to see our PP go 2 for 3 (2 for 2 with the 3rd PP not even being a full 2 minutes).

Hopefully we can get the same result in Sarnia tomorrow!

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:58 am

What's with Robertson listed as a forward? I thought he was a defenceman and a small one at that? Hope Sterk can perform like last night. Fans of the Rangers say he's fast and has good hands and has a tonne of potential. That would be nice!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:29 am

jaycro wrote:What's with Robertson listed as a forward? I  thought he was a defenceman and a small one at that? Hope Sterk can perform like last night. Fans of the Rangers say he's fast and has good hands and has a tonne of potential. That would be nice!
I guess since Robertson is a Windsor boy DJ got him into the line up even as a forward,didn't see too much of him,plus I couldn't see DJ sitting on of these dman Petschenig, Brown,Carlisle, Kuronen, Vande Sompel, Suellentrop inplace of Robertson.
a pertty good game played by the Gens Very Happy
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:01 pm

It was nice of DJ to get the youngster into the lineup for the game in his hometown. Although I'll be honest I don't think I even saw him on the ice. Personally I think they should send him to a Tier 2 Jr. A. I doubt he'll be seeing much ice, led alone dressing that often. An for a 16 year old I think its best he plays a regular shift, rather then being in the OHL and not dressing or playing one shift a period. With guys like Wallace, McDade and Busch up front and Desrocher on the back end I see no room for the kid.

I liked the Generals game last night, 5 on 5 they actually looked pretty solid. That Sterk trade really helped deepen the offense. I know it's just one game, but his playmaking ability looked good along side Dal Colle. Add in the big body of Smith and its actually a pretty good line. Cassels, Latour and Manchurek looked good as well, I was impressed with Cassels play, even though he didn't score he looks far improved over last season. Manchurek's skating looks a lot better as well. Dundas Hughes and Llyod is a pretty good checking line in my opinion, they're all veterans of the league, Hughes and Dundas are great penalty killers. I ripped on Hore all pre season, but he was skating well and finishing all his checks last night, definitely a nice surprise. I thought Harding was quite compared to the pre season, but I guess that comes with lack of ice time. It will be interesting to see who slots in tonight vs Sarnia.. my guess is McDade but who knows.
The Generals where not expected to win last night, but they did, hopefully there is no let down tonight against one of the weaker teams in the OHL. One on paper they should beat

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down