Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Tyler Biggs come back????

+3
Macker88
archer_gens
Oshawa fan
7 posters

Go down

Can Tyler Biggs come back???? Empty Can Tyler Biggs come back????

Post by Guest Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:09 pm

I checked up on his progress in the marlies and hes not doing that great, after playing 11 games his stats would suggest another year in junoir would not hurt him.

11 GAMES PLAYED
1 GOAL
2 PENELTY MINUTES

These numbers are not very good and he would maybe benefit more from another year in junoir, can that happen or is it too late for that now???

Back to top Go down

Can Tyler Biggs come back???? Empty Re: Can Tyler Biggs come back????

Post by Oshawa fan Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:09 am

Gens can carry 3 overagers. Biggs would be one of them. The Leafs sent Dale Mitchell back to Windsor one year but that was a different management group.

I always thought Biggs missed a year of development not coming to Oshawa when he was first drafted.

I would not hold my breath on him coming back but it is possible.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:14 am

Lessio is also not doing so well in the AHL. 2 goals in 1 game, other then that all he has grabbed is 2 assists and a -4

I see the Generals releasing Jenner Friday, and keeping Lessio and Bigg's rights until the trade deadline. That way we can pick someone up at the deadline if neither return.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:17 am

The Leafs sent Jerry D'Amigo to Kitchener after 40 games in the AHL, a couple years back. An he was doing much better the Biggs is doing at this point. I honestly believe if Biggs continues to struggle he will be sent to the OHL, especially given how well Oshawa is doing. I say by the Marlies 30th game if he hasn't started producing he'll be back in Oshawa.

I've personally been to 5 Marlies games this season, and Biggs has largely been invisble. He plays 3rd/4th line minutes, sees no special teams time an often doesn't do much when he is out there. I think it would be best for him to come back to Oshawa.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:20 am

The thought of Biggs and or Lessio returning has been in the back of my mind since last season. I did not think either was ready for pro. I saw both being diamonds in the rough who could use more polishing. Both being returned along with picking up a couple of big defensive defencemen would would make the Gens serious Mem Cup contenders, if not favourites! Yes?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by chupa81 Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:12 am

Would like to see Biggs back, Lessio not so much! I think he's more of individual player, and not a team player.. Bring him back and trade him!! I'm all for that!

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:15 pm

I myself think having Biggs return would be great but i am also have this sense in the back of my mind telling me that if we tinker with this roster or add to it or something along those lines will it mess with the great chemistry this team has right now.They are all jelling really nicelly and playing great together.Why fix something thats not broken right.But addition without subtraction means we dont lose anyone but gain a huge piece that could really help us to maybe going to london to play for the mem cup.Until this happens i am truly happy watching what we have,this teams very exciting to watch,they play as a team and have that never die attitude,something we missed all last year so i will continue to love this hockey right now.

As for maybe getting lessio back, welll i have to agree with chupa81 as i am not a huge fan of his play.He was a very individual player,always wanting the puck but never passing himself and he always got mad at his team mates for not doing so.And i got really sick of his constint beaver taping of his stick.In my mind he needs more maturing but i hope its not on the gens this year.I think he was one of the reasons we faulted last year.If he does return then they should trade him for a huge return.

Just my two cents, feel free to add anything to it or criticice me.

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:29 pm

If they were sent back sooner rather then later (either of them) we could always trade them after a few games if it is messing with team chemistry.

Future Assets
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:02 am

Trade both of them

This team has got great chemistry from what I see on the ice. the worry is...... maybe that these 2 may come back with attitude and it could affect the team and cause issues.

Lets just stop and think about it first
last year = was a great year with above avg. talent
this year = good pieces with great coaching and a total commitment to the "team first" idea which just may carry this team all the way to London

basically don't fix what's not broken
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:15 am

My views on if Lessio or Biggs come back are,
If Lessio is returned, I'd be all for trading him, he personally might not be a selfish person, but on the ice he plays very selfish. He likes to demand the puck, an looks flustered/pissed off when guys don't make the right play (according to him). This is the type of attitude I can see affecting the teams chemistry. Not to mention being sent back to Junior hockey after playing pro for an extended period can be really hard on a kid an introducing a guy with that disappointment weighing on him could be potentially damaging. The one issue is, who do we trade him to, Do we look to London ? I mean why not stack London an hope they get to the OHL final, after all that would mean you only have to win the east to get to the Memorial Cup. Or do you trade him to a contending team with lots of assets, like Erie who have several high draft picks in the coming years. Or do you simply trade him to a team that will likely finish 7th or 8th or out of the playoffs so he'd be little or no threat to the Generals in a playoff scenario.

Biggs, I feel like Biggs would be an easier fit in with the club, he doesn't seem to carry the mentality that he's better then anyone, he's a complimentary player, meaning he doesn't need the puck or to be putting up ridiculous numbers to be successful. However like Lessio being returned from pro hockey could be hard on a kid an who knows how he'd take it. In my mind he would be the better fit of the two. If he comes back I really wouldn't wanna trade him. I've continuously been saying the Generals will need a guy similar to him come playoff time.

I'm very nervous for the Generals to add an subtract players. But I honestly feel a few additions will be needed if they intend on a being serious Mem Cup contenders

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:34 pm

I think if Lessio comes back he would be a trade candidate as he is not really a D.J. Smith type player. Rumour had it that he might well have been traded last year but for his injury.

Biggs would be a nice fit and I hope he comes back. Am I correct that the Gens only have two OA players just now?

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:29 pm

from what i know i think that is correct, the gens do only have 2 OA's!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:41 am

Does anyone know what exactly the Gens are gonna do today?

I assume we will cut Jenner today.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Does anyone know who is on our 50 player reserve list? Does Jenner have to be cut because this is the deadline to cut OAs down from 4 to 3? More likely Biggs will return than Jenner so that looks like their best option.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:46 pm

jaycro wrote:Does anyone know who is on our 50 player reserve list? Does Jenner have to be cut because this is the deadline to cut OAs down from 4 to 3? More likely Biggs will return than Jenner so that looks like their best option.

This Friday, November 15th is the deadline for teams to cut their over age players down to no more than four. So if there are any teams holding spots open for overage players who may be still be in the pro ranks, they will have to let them go. For the most part, this deadline is more of a paperwork deal than it is anything else.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:26 pm

The Generals have 6 OA's going into today (that I can think of)

Jenner
Biggs
Lessio
Maguire
Hughes
Suellentrop

Possibly Morbeck (although he never attended camp or NHL so I assume we wouldn't have him on our reserve list still)

Either way this has to come down to 4 today.

So

Hughes
Suellentrop

and 2 more, who I assume are Lessio and Biggs, they have value if they are returned, and could possibly be returned, although not looking likely.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Mcguire has only played in 3 of 13 games for Rochester, anyone know if that's because of an injury?

If not would the Gens protect him over Lessio and or Biggs? He would be a decent addition if he can protect our younger players, however if either Lessio or Biggs returned to the OHL and we had given up there rights that really would suck.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:48 pm

But when you have to cut to 3, and you have Suellentrop, Hughes, maybe Biggs or Lessio and McGuire, the latter would be gone. I think you might pick up a better OA who might get dropped today. Dundas is our "tough guy" this year. McGuire was a disappointment last year.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:49 pm

If we pick up an OA today then we have to drop Lessio or Biggs. Gens would be smarter to pick up an OA at the final deadline if needed. More will be available as well.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:48 pm

I would have thought the Gens would continue to protect Biggs and Lessio. Biggs would be useful here and Lessio a tradable commodity. The others would not add that much to the current team. Twohey would look bad if he released one of these two and he came back. Can anyone say Peter Tsmiklas?

It has happened before.

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:22 am

Took in the Marlies games this weekend Saturday vs Charlotte and Sunday vs Texas. In the game Saturday, Tyler played 2 shifts in the 1st period, 1 in the 2nd and 3 in the 3rd. I thought he played quite well in the 3rd, really not sure why he's getting shafted so much. Today I didn't get a chance to count his shifts but I did not see him on the ice very much, he did shoot in the shoot out and missed.

After seeing a few more Marlies games, Biggs can play in the AHL but he doesn't get ice. To me its pointless that he's in the AHL playing 6 minutes a game, when he could definitely use a little more seasoning in the OHL. The Marlies just acquired Brad Staubitz in the deal the Leafs made for Peter Holland, and Troy Bodie was sent down. It would not shock me to see Biggs start to get healthy scratched as Kenny Ryan, Brad Ross, Stefan Legin and Mike Duco are all being scratched rather routinely.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down