Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens get no respect from Sportsnet - OHL vs Russia game

4 posters

Go down

Gens get no respect from Sportsnet - OHL vs Russia game Empty Gens get no respect from Sportsnet - OHL vs Russia game

Post by Gens Camper Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:53 am

I am not sure how many of you watched the OHL vs Russia game from Sudbury or were you watching the TML blowout

In between 2nd and 3rd periods commentator John Shannon ( maybe wrong spelling) gave a list of Memorial Cup teams

that might be in London - He talked about Erie, Guelph and Barrie - could have been the Soo as well not sure

My point is he gave no mention of the East leading Generals - so the experts must feel we will fall off the map or trade away

most of our top players . I love our team - But Barrie and Oshawa are the top Eastern teams as of today

In the West , Shannon never mentioned that the only way Erie or Guelph an be in the show is to win the OHL

if London does then the East winner is in and I am sure if I was London I would rather have the Eastern team

in the Cup than Erie or another west team - so look to London to maybe make another Oshawa and London blockbuster

The reason it may happen - then London only has to worry about 1 eastern team - ( Barrie ) not 2

If you put Altshuller in London net they would be unstoppable and a Laughton and then London would answer Erie trade

There is 1 thing you can count on the HUNTERS WILL NOT stand pat they will improve - just a matter of who they call

The Hunters have made several trades here in Oshawa can another 1 be far off

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Gens get no respect from Sportsnet - OHL vs Russia game Empty Re: Gens get no respect from Sportsnet - OHL vs Russia game

Post by the croc Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:28 pm

I agree Gens camper, the Hunters go in through the front door.The Kingston Croc

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Gens get no respect from Sportsnet - OHL vs Russia game Empty Re: Gens get no respect from Sportsnet - OHL vs Russia game

Post by Macker88 Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:15 pm

I to see London getting in through the front door. Are Erie and Guelph extremely talented and deep.. absolutely. But London has the experience of 2 Memorial Cup runs in the past two seasons, where most of the core of the team has been there threw at least one of those runs. Experience is huge in junior hockey and I think that will play a big role in a Western Conference Final between London and Erie or Guelph.

London will definitely upgrade, its just a matter of who and when. Don't expect to see Kerby Rychel in a Knights uniform though, there is no way the two rivals make a trade, especially one involving the GM`s son. Expect to see London target Ryan Hartman from Plymouth as he is a Hunter type player to the T. They may also look to Owen Sound`s Gemel Smith. Smith is a 4th round pick of the Dallas Stars, who plays a solid 2-way game, and has the talent to be a 30 goal scorer. He`s tough to play against, an getting to play in London will benefit both Smith and the Hunters. To a lesser extent it also wouldn`t surprise me if London went after Zack Nastasiuk as well as defensemen Chris Bigras of Owen Sound. Although these guys are 95 born so they price tag would be steeper. Although I do firmly believe the addition of either Nastasiuk or Smith and Bigras would push London over the top. Also don`t be surprised if the Hunters target goalie Spencer Martin of the Mississauga Steelheads as an upgrade in net.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JokesandPranks Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:35 am

you mean John Shannon, the former TV producer who is somehow now a hockey insider guru, the same guy who could pass for Bubbles' dad from Trailer Park Boys ... yeah, I wouldn't worry what he has to say about the Gens

JokesandPranks

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down