Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens Orientation Week-end

4 posters

Go down

Gens Orientation Week-end Empty Gens Orientation Week-end

Post by jaycro Fri May 30, 2014 11:07 am

I just glanced at the lineups for this weekend's camp and did not see Jeremy Brodeur, Chase Pearson or Michael Turner, their recent signing. Wonder why? I don't think Pearson has been signed and is exploring his options. Maybe the other two are tied up with school? Insights...Macker?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Gens Orientation Week-end Empty Re: Gens Orientation Week-end

Post by Macker88 Fri May 30, 2014 1:21 pm

Pearson is exploring his option at this point. It's orinstion camp so lots if times guys like Turner and an Broduer won't be there if they don't have to be. Turner is a late birthday an would be the oldest player on the ice. Broduer I kinda thought would be be there but if he's been told he's gonna be the back up then i can see why he's not there, coupled of course possibly with school

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Fri May 30, 2014 1:25 pm

And one thing to note, Luke Keenan is on the Roster an he is committed to Princeton University. You'll also notice the majority if not all the players are '97 & '98 birthdays.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 Sat May 31, 2014 9:34 am

Thoughts on the camp for those who attended yesterday?

Riley Stillman should not have been drafted in the fourth round. He looks more like a 14th rounder. If that.
Daniel Robertson looks like he grown a bit. Both Ian Johnston and Jared Domin (2013 draftees) looked like they improved quite a bit from last year.
Overall the FA's were working much harder than the draft picks.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Number of posts : 265
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2013-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Sat May 31, 2014 3:15 pm

Wasn't at the camp, but Ian Johnston is a player I saw a few times this season while he was playing in the CCHL and I thought he improved vastly from playing minor midget to Gens Camp last year to when I saw him play. He's a kid I'd keep my eye on during main camp later this summer as i think he has a fairly good shot at cracking the squad, as a depth forward.

As for Stillman, it's sad to hear he had such a poor showing. Perhaps not skating since his team was exited
From the playoffs could have had something to do with it. He never stood out when I saw him play AAA but he always seemed pretty solid.

I know Luke Keenan was on the rosters released but was he actually in camp ?

I can confirm that Turner was told he didn't have to attend the Orientation camp an that was the reason for his absence, can't confirm anything on Brodeur. Pearson still hasn't decided NCAA or OHL.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:54 am

I don't have any notes on Luke Keenan but I think he was there. Team White was outplayed by Red.
I was keying in on some specific players so I missed anything good or bad done by Luke.

Zachary Senechal made a couple of good plays.

Of the goalies the only one I that looked like they had real potential was Liam Devine. He looked better than Mabley.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeyonice Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:12 pm

found this site by accident hope you all don't mind me giving my two cents worth. thought the free agents on the ice showed more than the draftees. pu has real nice hands good release of puck, games seemed to be on slow side with red dominating of the goalies thought the free agent that played the 2nd half of game for white was best didn't think the red goalies had many shots on them though. heard that many of the free agents are returning to main camp.all the best can't wait till season starts go gens

hockeyonice

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:51 pm

Welcome to the site! Thanks for your two cents.

I'm interested to see who gets invited to the main camp aswell.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down