Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vande Sompel NHL Prospect list

3 posters

Go down

Vande Sompel NHL Prospect list Empty Vande Sompel NHL Prospect list

Post by sportznut Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:29 am

I seen that Vande Sompel has not made the top 30 in the NHL Prospect list for 2015, but the season is early and I think he could make the jump quite easily. (IMO)
I really like this kid, his mobility and vision on the ice is exceptional. Realizing his size is a concern I hope he can break through the too small barrier. Ryan Ellis is about the same size and is now playing with Nashville so you have to think Mitch can break the barrier. Secondly, he needs too stay healthy and avoid any more concussions. He has really stepped it up this year and watching him play really brings enjoyment. Its exciting watching these kids improve from one year to the next.

sportznut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Vande Sompel NHL Prospect list Empty Re: Vande Sompel NHL Prospect list

Post by Macker88 Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Here's an article on Mitchell Vande Sompel as a top prospect for the 2015 NHL Draft, http://imaginesportsmedia.com/?p=441

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sportznut Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Thanks for the update Macker. Not surprised on article, was only a matter of time. The way he is playing currently, with solid confidence, Mitchell could be very easily a top 5 pick.....stay healthy Mitchell !
I know I maybe stretching it, but I just think he is that good.

sportznut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:05 pm

Hs size is definately a factor on how high he will be drafted. He is very gifted and tremendous skater but the book on him is he has a soft head (concussion issues) and injury proned. DJ is working with him to be stronger on the puck and helping in avoiding head injuries.
He is looking very strong as a top 10 pick for sure in my books.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Number of posts : 265
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2013-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:11 am

Mitchell, won't be a top 10 pick. He's a very talented player, he's added muscle and has become more tenacious. His size as a defensemen is a bit of a detriment to him at this stage of his career. Its hard to project an undersized defensemans development. He'll be a late 1st round pick early 2nd round pick (top 40).

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down