Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremy Brodeur and Ken Appleby

4 posters

Go down

Jeremy Brodeur and Ken Appleby Empty Jeremy Brodeur and Ken Appleby

Post by StingRay5 Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Anybody remember back to Kenny's first year? I remember every time I seen him start at home it was pretty well going to be a loss for the Gens.

So having said that how do you feel about Brodeur? I thought last night's game would have been 8 - 0 if Kenny started.
Brodeur has no rebound control and looked shakey through out the game up to the last dying seconds.
Can he get better?
StingRay5
StingRay5

Number of posts : 265
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2013-10-13

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Brodeur and Ken Appleby Empty Re: Jeremy Brodeur and Ken Appleby

Post by hockeybeats Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm

Great question. He did not look good and that was particularly true on the last goal where he is not only responsible for the goal but the dreadful giveaway that led to it. I do wonder how much his name has led him to his level and whether he actually merits his spot. It's basically up to him to earn it and last night won't win him many accolades. That being said, your point about Appleby is bang-on, I also did not foresee that he would become a reliable starter and on top of that, he's posting shutouts. The team is playing well in front of him but a shutout is a shutout and Appleby has three in ten games. Outstanding.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by core33 Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:21 am

Give the kid time, what hes played 2 games??

Although last weekend was interesting, 3 games, 3 nights and a long road trip in between against 3 west teams and Appleby got each start which I totally disagree with regardless of the result.

Its obvious the coaching staff doesn't have any confidence in him yet. He still has time to learn and prove himself a bit more, but they may have to trade for a back up. I hope it works out for him.

Remember its real early.

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:24 pm

Brodeur hasn't looked particularly good since pre-season. I know he's only had 3 starts, but considering they lost 2 of his starts an he let 5 in against a weak Saginaw team.. It's fair to say he's struggling, and it's fair to say the coachig staff don't trust him to start against anyone other then bottom 4 teams.
I'm not knocking Brodeur, he's a 17 year old rookie with great potential, but he is struggling and with Appleby play lights out and the team excelling it's important to ride the hot hand an put points in the bank while they're rolling in. I'm not suggesting the Gens will suddenly go down the crapper but let's be honest if we lose Dal Colle & Cassels to the World Juniors, Possibly Lindberg as well then the team takes a different look an points while they're gone could be hard to come by.

I was some what shocked to see Appleby play 3 in 3 last weekend, but in fairness I get where DJ was coming from. Keep the momentum going, keep winning an Brodeur will get his starts when they come.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down