Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another BIG trade today - not the GENS

4 posters

Go down

Another BIG trade today - not the GENS Empty Another BIG trade today - not the GENS

Post by Gens Camper Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:37 pm

Well the rich get richer and it's not London - BUT  Erie

Erie lands Baptiste today from Sudbury for 2 players and 4 picks

24 SBY
Nicholas Baptiste To Erie For

Cole Mayo - Travis Wood

SSM's 2nd Rnd '15

Belv's 3rd Rnd '15

3rd Rnd '18

2nd Rnd '20

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Another BIG trade today - not the GENS Empty Re: Another BIG trade today - not the GENS

Post by Rinkrat Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:44 pm

Good player.... Erie paid big time

Rinkrat

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Back to top Go down

Another BIG trade today - not the GENS Empty Re: Another BIG trade today - not the GENS

Post by Tuckerfan1 Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:49 pm

Gens Camper wrote:Well the rich get richer and it's not London - BUT  Erie

Erie lands Baptiste today from Sudbury for 2 players and 4 picks

24 SBY
Nicholas Baptiste  To Erie For

Cole Mayo  - Travis Wood

SSM's 2nd Rnd '15

Belv's 3rd Rnd '15

3rd Rnd '18

2nd Rnd '20

It wasn't until the deadline last year when they brought in Smoskowitz and Lepkowski. Are there any players out there that could potentially be on the gens radar? I wouldn't mind 1 more shutdown D, but I don't want to see us go all in and shit the bed like Sudbury last season.
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Number of posts : 59
Seat Section : 101
Registration date : 2014-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:52 pm

To be honest with you, that's not a big payment for the Otters. Travis Wood is largely a throw in, as he's never reached the 20 point plateau in the OHL, he's at best a 3rd line player. His career best season was his rookie year, he's gone down hill since. Mayo is an intriguing prospect, but at the same time, you'd expect Baptise go for a guy like Taylor Raddysh or Kyle Maksimovich or even Shaun Bily, those guys are much higher profile prospects and more along the lines of what a top OHL player goes for. The Picks well the 2nd this year was Soo Sault Maries, so its 1. Not there's and 2. its basically a 3rd, the 3rd is Belleville's pick.. and the other 2nd is 5 years away.. aka the player selected with that pick is currently 9 years old.

Its a steal for the Otters

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:57 pm

An Tuckerfan, the Gens are making phone call's, the fit is simply not right at this point. They've inquired about Jeff Corbett from Sudbury, so have the London Knights. If Peterborough becomes sellers, don't be shocked to see them in Conor Boland, I heard rumblings around both the GMC last night and the Hershey centre yesterday afternoon where the Petes played.
Mitch Jones name keeps coming up as a defensive d-man who is on the market, as does Gianluca Curcuruto, those two names I cannot confirm have been spoke about by the Gens.
However I can also Confirm the Gens have spoke to both Guelph and Saginaw regarding players. Jacob Ringuette, Sean Callaghan and Nick Moutrey all names the Generals will be in on. Guelph the talks aren't to serious at this time, but I know they reached out about Bertuzzi, Harpur and Leslie's availability.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:55 pm

I sure like Harpur and Bertuzzi - price could be high though

What we need most is the plan to counter the defensive play of North Bay

who if u get that far would be your team to beat again

We do have an opening for an overage

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:48 am

Right now I believe the Generals hold a significant advantage over the Battalion, 67's, Colts and Bulls. North Bay's most impactful players during that series last year where Ben Thomson and Barclay Goodrow, both are gone. Nick Paul, Mike Amadio, Zach Bratina up front are their core right now. I think last year the Battalion's size did the Generals in. The Gens definitely need to add a big physical d-man. Jeff Corbett, Leslie or Harpur from Guelph, Callaghan or Ringuette from Saginaw are all options.

I think the 3 teams that pose the biggest threat for the Generals are the Soo, Erie and London, and since will only get one of them if we make it to the finals, where in a good position.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down