Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff Twohey

4 posters

Go down

Jeff Twohey Empty Jeff Twohey

Post by Macker88 Thu May 21, 2015 8:20 pm

I'm not sure if it's been talked about on here at all, but I feel as though us as Generals fans need to thank Jeff Twohey just as much for this championship run as we thank DJ an Roger Hunt. Last season many fans thought the Generals where strong enough to make a run. The Generals where strong, they could have maybe won the East with a move more then they made. However no one in the OHL was getting past Guelph, and Mr. Twohey made the smartest move possible, building for the Memorial Cup the Generals are now on in 2014-2015.

Twohey had options out there but many involved Ken Appleby, Mitchell Vande Sompel, Sam Harding, Stephen Desrocher and those picks Hunt traded in deals for players we brought in. While Twohey didnt add much last season, he kept the Generals very competitive an in the conversation for a league title, while not mortgaging this seasons roster and for that I believe he needs his fair share of credit. People based him last year, an now that the team is in the Mem Cup people forget his contributions. Lets show more acknowledgment for Mr. Twohey

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Jeff Twohey Empty Re: Jeff Twohey

Post by jaycro Fri May 22, 2015 1:01 pm

This team was good last year but not Mem Cup material. The difference this year is Mermis, McCarron, Pederson and Mistele plus one year's extra maturity on the aforementioned list of players. I think Roger Hunt should get 95% of the credit, if not all! I guess we agree to disagree.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by runner Fri May 22, 2015 2:25 pm

I think that is macker's point Jaycro. Last years edition was good, but clearly not good enough to compete with that Guelph squad. Twohey recognized his team was a little too young and inexperienced. As a result he didn't trade away the future to make a desperate run last year.

Jeff Twohey started the process of building the team that Roger Hunt perfected. Both are good, experienced hockey men who made the right decisions at the right time for our team. We owe both a great deal of gratitude.

runner

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri May 22, 2015 4:22 pm

But would Jeff make the trades if he was still here that Roger made I personally don't think he would, and I'm glad Roger did do what he did to get this team to where we are and that is the Memorial Cup Baby cheers
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Fri May 22, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm not taking anything away from Roger Hunt, he made some excellent and ballsy moves at this years deadline, that ultimately put the Generals over the top this season. He deserves all the credit in the world, I think he's a great GM.

runner hit the nail on the head with what my intention was in my original post.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down