Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calvin to Stick

3 posters

Go down

Calvin to Stick Empty Calvin to Stick

Post by archer_gens Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:16 am

The Islanders have told Dehann that there is a chance for him to stick with the Islanders. That would leave us in loads of trouble. My guess is that they will let him play how ever many games he can play without his salary kicking in, thus keeping his rights longer. While I believe we will see him back in Oshawa eventually this year..... it really hurts the notion that we can build a competitive team for the 2010-2011 season.... I was hoping for DeHaan, Dehart, Zador and Valentine leading us to victory.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Calvin to Stick Empty Re: Calvin to Stick

Post by Generalizations Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:27 am

We do have alot of other defenceman stockpiled, just incase any guys do make it to a higher level. Now we just need more on the forward end.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:41 pm

It's common practice to just say that all players have a "chance" to stick. That ensures 100% effort - that's not to say that players won't try otherwise but with the incentive at a chance to play in the NHL, there isn't anything like it. If you go in knowing that you will be cut, that incentive is gone.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down