Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erie @ Oshawa Oct 9th

4 posters

Go down

Erie @ Oshawa Oct 9th Empty Erie @ Oshawa Oct 9th

Post by archer_gens Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Ok lets forget about last night, cause really I don't think any of us expected points out of last night, well at least until the game started and we went up 2-0....

Erie is a good chance at 2 points..... 2 points we need since Kingston won't be as easy come monday.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Erie @ Oshawa Oct 9th Empty Re: Erie @ Oshawa Oct 9th

Post by Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:41 pm

the gens had a much better effort tonight and they played very good defensively and were bloack alot of shots there power play still needs a little work,and also i thougt zador played awesme tonight cause he was in the zone and congrats to him on his shutout and his 1st star selection,Let's build on this boys and get another win monday at home VS Kingston.

Last edited by generalsfan4life on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:46 pm

shut out not shoot out but I agree

it was a step in the right direction.... but we need to remember that we were not playing a good team
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:19 am

opps my bad i fixed it now and ya i know we'll see what team shows up monday vs kingston,

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:00 am

Actually not sure what game you two were watching Zador's rebounds could have really bit him in the butt, he got luckly and the defence gave him the support they haven't given Bailie, not sure why. The forwards also played a bit more defencively tonight so kudos to them for that. Zador is just lucky Erie was not playing great hockey tonight.
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:38 am

wasn't trying to say he's the best goalie in the league but compared to his first few performances he did great tonight

there were definately some scares and the gens go lucky a few times

but a win is a win

and i can't complain with the teams performance
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:16 am

I hope this win against a weaker team gives the boys a bit more confidence. We're going to need it for Kingston.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:55 pm

All goalies get a little luck their way sometimes and when you're confident and playing well, you get the bounces go your way. I don't think there is anything to the defense offering more support to Zador than Bailie other than the fact that they played a horrible 3rd period the previous night (I include the defensive play of the forwards as well) so they responded with a more conservative style of play. There was a lot less attack yesterday. They held Erie to 16 shots in the first two periods. In the 3rd period, they could have gotten burned, I thought they sat back a little too much and that's why Erie had a 20+ shot period. Luckily, they didn't give up any goals because of it. The first two periods were a perfect mix of attacking when the opportunity presented itself but each player regardless of position successfully fulfilled their defensive responsibility. There isn't enough offensive talent here for a run-and-gun style of play although maybe that changes when Parnham is back.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down