Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oshawa @ Erie, November 13th

+3
steamed
stiffya74
Generalizations
7 posters

Go down

Oshawa @ Erie, November 13th Empty Oshawa @ Erie, November 13th

Post by Generalizations Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:47 pm

Let's hope Friday the 13th is our good luck date! Who else is going to the USA for the weekend? I'm going for sure Very Happy

Last edited by Generalizations on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Oshawa @ Erie, November 13th Empty Re: Oshawa @ Erie, November 13th

Post by stiffya74 Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:58 pm

Am here and will be cheering them on..game one of the year for me..damm work always getting in the way! Hope for a great game

stiffya74

Number of posts : 24
Seat Section : standing room (when not working!)
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:58 pm

Valiantine is playing in the game tonight cheers Parnham is not Crying or Very sad
Go Gen's Go
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:37 am

gens lose 3-2 after having a 2-0 lead meh and also they said on the radio broadcast that parnham is gonna play sunday night at home vs Guelph.

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:53 am

didn't he play tonight?

the game sheet says he was one of 18 skaters
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:45 am

that's weird i didn't hear his named mention while i was listening to it on the radio the ohl site is probably wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:45 pm

maybe he was put on the roster and pulled at the last second

o well good news if he is back sunday
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:48 pm

yup that's what they said he is clear to play on sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Oshawa played very well for the first 30 minutes of the game. Terrerri and Clark had a pair of good fights, but that seemed to motivate Erie to play, and we stopped skating.

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Oshawa @ Erie, November 13th Empty U.S. border guards

Post by Generalizations Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:34 pm

I find the U.S. border guards were rather anal this weekend. Every vehicle in front of me at customs and myself, were pulled over to be searched. Also on the way home to Fort Erie, cars were being pulled over and interrogated on the U.S. side. I understand going thru customs to enter, but why when leaving as well? I still had to clear Canadian customs after that. Very weird.

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by theohl Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:44 pm

Not that it matters, but for those who went to the game who won the fights? Im always interested in the fights and they arent on youtube as they usually are(probobly because they werent on tv).
theohl
theohl

Number of posts : 255
Seat Section : 113
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by stiffya74 Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:09 pm

Generalizations wrote:I find the U.S. border guards were rather anal this weekend. Every vehicle in front of me at customs and myself, were pulled over to be searched. Also on the way home to Fort Erie, cars were being pulled over and interrogated on the U.S. side. I understand going thru customs to enter, but why when leaving as well? I still had to clear Canadian customs after that. Very weird.
I came through the border last evening after spending the weekend in Erie. There was no line or stopping on the American side other than for the traffic light. Now after the wait of about 45 minutes on the Peace Bridge we went to Canadian Customs. There was a line of about 6 buses full of weekend shoppers which were going thru the usual screening process. We were at the border talking to the officer for about 5 minutes, with no different questions than I have received on my many other trips across. I have had an American customs officer question me about driving so far to go to a hockey game one other time but that was rare. Karon you were missed but the few of us there tried to cheer the boys on. Damm I hate that goal song in Erie..I can still here it in my head. As for the fights I gave the one decision to us and the one fight I had difficulty seeing as everyone stood up but I did disqualify both fighters as the linesman jumped in wayyy to early. Enjoyed the atmosphere and as usual was welcomed by many at the game and after. Everyone should enjoy a trip here!

stiffya74

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:28 pm

stiffya74 I had talked to others who had went as well and said they sailed through customs both going into the states and coming out. I listened to the game faithfuly on the radio.
I just didn't think after the weekend trip to Saginaw and Windsor, I would get enough to to take the trip to Erie especially straight down and back.

It was nice to hear the Gens fans that did go cheer the lads two goals it came over loud and clear over the radio!!!.

Thanks for saying I was missed, I was there in spirit our fans have made many good friendships there in Erie especially with Puckmon!!!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by stiffya74 Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:34 pm

I figured that was why you weren't there. Dad and I talked about going with you guys to Saginaw as we had lots of fun last year. Yes we knew you were there in spirit but the lads could have used the lets go u gennies..maybe would have prevented me from being haunted for another year by that goal song....

stiffya74

Back to top Go down

Post by radicallacrosse Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:33 am

We had no problem getting into the US Friday morning afternoon at about 12 noon... The guy asked our citizenship, reason for going to the states, looked at our passport and wished us well.

Coming home Saturday afternoon was even easier, she asked us how long we were in the USA (one night) and if we bought anything (About $130-$140 combined between 3 people) and then sent us on our way without even looking at our passports.

Terrerri did real well in his fight, I would easily give him the decision. Clark's fight was more of a wrestling match, but the Erie guy threw a couple of punches while they were down, which seemed to piss Clark off, hence the 10 minute misconduct.

If anybody cares, we were sitting with the billets (I think only John Padulo's family showed up) in section #16.

radicallacrosse

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down