Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oshawa vs. London, November 22

+4
hockeybeats
GENNY
archer_gens
Generalizations
8 posters

Go down

Oshawa vs. London, November 22 Empty Oshawa vs. London, November 22

Post by Generalizations Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:26 pm

I want to see the boys continue the hard work from Friday night against the Knights on Sunday.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Oshawa vs. London, November 22 Empty Re: Oshawa vs. London, November 22

Post by archer_gens Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:09 pm

I'd like a win lol
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:16 pm

We all would all like a win. That's what I like about hockey. It's real life. We see them win and we see them lose. London has a great team and anything can happen. At the end of the game we all will have seen something we have never seen before.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:25 pm

GENNY wrote:We all would all like a win. That's what I like about hockey. It's real life. We see them win and we see them lose. London has a great team and anything can happen. At the end of the game we all will have seen something we have never seen before.

At least we won't have to play against Tavares and Del Zotto Very Happy

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:57 pm

no,we get to see them play a player the leafs should never ever sent back down to the minors in nazim khadri.I am looking forward to this game cause i am excited about this player in the future for the leafs.It will be a player that will finally be able to play with phil kessels line and feed him passes and keep up with him.Too bed our 1st over all draft pick is going to boston for it cause we coulda had a hell of a team.Now the leafs just suck right now.The leafs sent him down and well they have stayed down ever since,LOL.Go gens go tommorrow but its really going to be a tough game against a team like london.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:44 am

Wow isn't this season exciting once again?

Gens are currently in last place overall in the OHL!

About the only thing that excites me about tonight's game is seeing how Kadri is doing as Leafs Nation desperatly needs a young savior. LOL

Anyway...the last time the Oshawa Generals had a team that we knew had the potential to go all the way was the 1996-1997 team! No sorry i knew the Tavares led team would get spanked by the Bulls 2 years ago in the east final.

Whatever.

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:02 pm

They need to win the games against the East as well as those vs Erie, Owen Sound and Sarnia. Anybody else in the West and it's pretty unlikely and against London, it would take a miraculous effort. Someone's going to throw out my acceptance of mediocrity and they are entitled to their opinion but for a young team against a powerhouse, what you're looking for is persistence, determination and a strong effort for 60 minutes. If we see that, all is well for the long-term development of these players, especially if they can keep the score close.

Earning even a point would be a bonus. If they give up a couple of early goals and then look spiritless and demoralized, that would be more of a concern. We need to see a fighting spirit like they had for 60 minutes against the Petes.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:06 pm

hockeybeats wrote:They need to win the games against the East as well as those vs Erie, Owen Sound and Sarnia. Anybody else in the West and it's pretty unlikely and against London, it would take a miraculous effort. Someone's going to throw out my acceptance of mediocrity and they are entitled to their opinion but for a young team against a powerhouse, what you're looking for is persistence, determination and a strong effort for 60 minutes. If we see that, all is well for the long-term development of these players, especially if they can keep the score close.

Earning even a point would be a bonus. If they give up a couple of early goals and then look spiritless and demoralized, that would be more of a concern. We need to see a fighting spirit like they had for 60 minutes against the Petes.

I have to disagree Beats, London is not a powerhouse and is under 500 on the road. THey are a good team, but they're pretty much dominant at home. The real west powers is Windsor and Kitchener.

While the Gens are 3-4-2 at home, if they can play determined like they did against the Petes this game is not out of reach by a long shot.

We need a real heavyweight fighter to come up the system soon, as Victor Terrerri just can't play the enforcers role one bit. HE is a useful energy player, but when the chips fall and he has to fight the Kyle Nuebers and Leigh Salters he can't do so.
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Hey guys, just remember that we played hard against London in their building. We didn't quit despite being down early, and did manage to score four goals. I'm sure we won't give up seven goals this time. If we do, then I will be the chuck-a-puck target Smile

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:54 pm

Great effort but we really need to stay out of the penalty box. Three power play goals finished us off.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:27 pm

It was a great effort. I thought Bailie played very well too.

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:54 pm

The Gens just have a hard time finishing. That's all there is to it. They played London as well as you could.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:12 am

bigE88 wrote:
We need a real heavyweight fighter to come up the system soon,

I think that is way down the list. We need some forwards with a real touch around the net. Maybe even a player with speed and hands to match.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tucker16 Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:04 am

I was at the Gens game tonight. Kadri looked real good for the Knights. Great hands.

Did anyone else here go to the game?

Did you guys see what happened with Kadri? It didn't look pretty. If you were watching the game on tv, it probably happened during a commercial break.

Tucker16

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:14 am

Oshawa fan wrote:
bigE88 wrote:
We need a real heavyweight fighter to come up the system soon,

I think that is way down the list. We need some forwards with a real touch around the net. Maybe even a player with speed and hands to match.

What we need more is a physical presence going to the net, all the shots seem to come from the perimeter and they can't get any traffic infront to crash ina rebound.. Thomas, Jenner, Hayes and Brown are all good in close with their hands.

By the way, anybody thinking Jeff Brown will be our overage captain next year ?
bigE88
bigE88

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:14 am

hockeybeats wrote:The Gens just have a hard time finishing. That's all there is to it. They played London as well as you could.

ditto
bigE88
bigE88

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:39 am

Kadri - did not look that great

Thought he was sulking at times

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838