Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tough stretch of hockey being made look easy..... so far

3 posters

Go down

Tough stretch of hockey being made look easy..... so far Empty Tough stretch of hockey being made look easy..... so far

Post by KHE Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:07 pm

This Generals team is starting to going through a potential season defining stretch of hockey and it has started to look very promising. The Gens are currently on a stretch that sees them play 2 home games with 10 road games (Oct 14-Nov 13). With wins on the road against Belleville, Sudbury and the Soo it's a great start to this stretch. It doesn't get any easier though with road games against Guelph, Peterborough, London, Saginaw, Windsor, Belleville and Erie along with two home games fit in against Sarnia and Belleville. It's very encouraging to see the team win on the road as we all know in junior hockey those seem to be the toughest wins to get. Goaltending is going to be the make or break factor for this Gens team and Michael Zador has been great as of late. Hopefully he has now found his groove and really starts to solidify his #1 position on this team. If this team was to go 6-6 on this 12 game stretch I would have been more than satisfied. Now that they've won the first 3 games of this trip it makes that 6-6 record that much easier to achieve. If Oshawa was to do better than 6-6 on this road trip those home games in November and December are going to be must wins as Oshawa will be given a huge opportunity to solidify a top 4 spot in the conference halfway through the season.

GO GENS GO!!

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Tough stretch of hockey being made look easy..... so far Empty Re: Tough stretch of hockey being made look easy..... so far

Post by archer_gens Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:06 pm

it's early I like what I'm seeing

but its way to early to say top 4, considering not even a month ago we were asking if we could even make the playoffs
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Tough stretch of hockey being made look easy..... so far Empty Re: Tough stretch of hockey being made look easy..... so far

Post by GENNY Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:48 pm

I feel there's more pressure at home. The GENS know what a die hard fan base they have and pleasing us is no easy task. They have over 70 years of tradition to live up to. The only problem I see in this stretch is London and Windsor. The home games should be a walk in the park but I don't want to put any pressure on the team. Take it one shift at a time. We'll do just fine.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:30 am

How quickly they go from 3-0 on this stretch to 3-3. Looking tougher and tougher to get to that 6 win mark especially when they let games against Peterborough slip away and they don't show up for the third period at home against Sarnia. GO GENS GO!!!

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:00 pm

How quickly 3-3 becomes 3-7. This road trip started with a lot of promise however rolling off 7 straight losses has turned it into a disaster. Oshawa really needs to bear down and win tonight in Belleville and Friday against Erie. Fans need to remember that this 12 games stretch is the toughest stretch of hockey that they will have the entire year. As I said earlier in my post prior to the 7 game losing streak I would have been happy with a 6-6 record. Well, that's not going to be achieved however a 5-7 can be achieved. Get these next two games and then they're at home for 8 of the next 10.

GO GENS GO!!

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:26 pm

It's ok as long as the Gens turn things around. We now face several winable teams.

Erie 19 points
Guelph 19 points
Peterborough 20 points
London 27 points
Brampton 18 points
Niagara 17 points
Ottawa 15 points

only two road games ottawa and erie

If we can go 5-2 we can finish the month above .500
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down