Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bulls do yet another trade. Where is Dipps

+4
gensman
bigE88
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
drifter
8 posters

Go down

Bulls do yet another trade. Where is Dipps Empty Bulls do yet another trade. Where is Dipps

Post by drifter Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:49 pm

Just found this on the noof.
Quote:
The Kitchener Rangers Head Coach and General Manager Steve Spott announced today that the team has completed a trade with the Belleville Bulls.

In the deal, the Rangers trade Alex Aleardi and Kitchener's 5th round draft choice in 2011 to Belleville for Matt Tipoff and Belleville's 1st round CHL Import Draft pick in 2010.

Matt Tipoff
Born: October 4, 1990
Home: Toronto, ON
Height: 6.00
Weight: 190lbs
Position: Left Wing

Where the H... is Dipps on some of these trades?? I sure we could have got this young player for Parnham. gee whiz Chris do something. We are trading draft picks for people who won't show. We do need some help. The Petes and the Bulls both have been shoring up their teams future. Both getting good players for a song. Well yet another miss of the boat.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Bulls do yet another trade. Where is Dipps Empty Re: Bulls do yet another trade. Where is Dipps

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:24 pm

Cmon , who is actually shocked by this , Kitchener has been to the dance for a month looking for a partner to dance with .

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Bulls do yet another trade. Where is Dipps Empty Re: Bulls do yet another trade. Where is Dipps

Post by bigE88 Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:38 pm

do you know for a fact that he didn't try to make any moves yet ? i love when people speculate about Dips just sitting there doing nothing.
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:43 pm

big E I just have this to go by. On the noof. By ORYX

Heard today from a good friend of mine, who plays summer hockey with a few rangers, that Alex Aleardi has been told to expect a trade to Oshawa today.

By wallbanger

Obviously since Jeff Skinner was sitting out todays practice that he's part of the package for Parnham but the Rangers may need to include Ryan Murphy to make this deal happen!

Check out the 4 pages for youself.

http://www.thenoof.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35560&start=0

Lord knows i don't bash these lads. Anyone on here that knows me. Will tell you I support the team 200%. I'm on the road games alot and season ticket holder. So far this year about 10 road games. So in a way I guess I'm not really speculating. You come up with something that shows he is trying please. I'd love to see it. If you look on the first posting board of this subect. You will see where I posted Parns asked to be Traded.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:13 pm

while the NOOF is a very knowledgeable site, I always question when a statement is made, "Heard from a good friend of mine who plays summer hockey with a few of the rangers".

anyway, lets just enjoy the game and hope we can break out of this funk before Christmas. See you on the road
bigE88
bigE88

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:57 pm

Hard to concieve that we didn't get some of that young talent with an overage 50 goal scorer as trade material! It is awful watching these opportunites fall like we are in the standings!

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:02 am

I'd question why Kitchener would be interested in Parnham when size is their biggest need.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:51 am

Anyone who can score 50 goals in the OHL must do something

right. I am sure 4 or 5 teams need him - price was TOO high

I know if we could land a player who could SCORE .

I DON'T CARE HOW BIG HE IS -

Hayes and Stokes got traded to us because their teams needed to

get bigger - BUT we don't

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:12 pm

I hear ya! What a let down! The 'chief' most likely was trying to 'hang the kid out to dry' until the trade deadline on a 'powerplay' move ... and now looks like a chimp/chump himself! I wonder how long a player would sit if they made a move like that? Nice play Shakespear!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Parnham would make Kitchener better but to give up a top-notch prospect simply to add offense is not worth the cost. Some Rangers fans feel that Aleardi is untouchable so if they were to give him up, they should be sure to address their biggest need. Kitchener doesn't need another small player that can score. The only way they should go for Parnham is if they vastly underpay and then everyone would be outraged about how little they got for Parnham. In hindsight, of course anything is better than nothing but we have no idea what was on the table. If someone said "3rd round pick for Parnham", I'd be inclined to simply laugh at the offer. Parnham didn't bluff, he walked. By the sounds of it, he really wanted to move up to play minor pro and felt he had little to prove at the OHL level unless he could win a championship. If that is the case, that's a very, very short list of teams to which he would approve a trade and it looks like there were no takers. Remember the trade rumour of a few weeks ago we all laughed at? Maybe that was a real offer that was declined. We'll never know.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:40 pm

hockeybeats wrote: If that is the case, that's a very, very short list of teams to which he would approve a trade and it looks like there were no takers. Remember the trade rumour of a few weeks ago we all laughed at? Maybe that was a real offer that was declined. We'll never know.

Exactly the issue. If there were only 3-4 teams he would go to that does make it difficult.

Lets give the GM a little credit-How is that Jenner kid working out? There were many who thought he was the wrong choice.

Same with the JT/DZ trade. He looks brilliant on that one now.

I do think luck has a lot to do with trades (even Selwood could have looked good on the Neuvirth trade if he had not been injured).

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:41 pm

It wasn't up to our GM. That trade took place by higher 'authority' and by 'controlling' interests! All Dips got to do is sign the papers with no great 'brillance' added to the mix
!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by runner Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:28 pm

Gensman,

If Dips didn't negotiate the JT/MDZ trade who did? You obviously have insight & knowledge with respect to this deal so please fill us in

runner

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:42 pm

He thinks the owner somehow controlled De Piero, he's made this argument before. He's attempting to make the argument that De Piero is not experienced at the OHL level and so Rocco Tullio (who has more experience as a GM in the OHL?) is the brains behind the trade.

It's not really much of an argument.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:45 am

Trades of the London magnitude are usually made by committee and concensus. Great pressure is exerted by agents to ensure that their promoted 'burgeoning superstars' are made to look good as possible and usually to a very stacked team as their destination. More than likely 'added' cash (future considertions) was involved which brings in ownership considerations. Finally there is the widespread opinion that 'certain' players deserve to go to a contender because they somehow 'deserve' it - which I've never understood! I doubt VERY much that that trade was a 'whim' or 'genius masterminding' from Dips - especially when u consider the Parnham disastor! In any case it was an outstanding trade with the Hunters who will pay almost anything to win!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:57 am

My assessment of this trade is simply standard operating procedure in junior hockey. It's the reverse of the trade the Gens made the previous season when they were going for it. It's neither genius nor is it folly.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:13 am

I'd go a step futher and say engaging in such trading activity is usually an indictment on poor organizations who fail to attract and develop their players. processes, and teams - for whatever reasons! It is a clear indication of weakness(es) within the 'system(s)!' It usually involves parties with more $$$ than 'grey matter' - and it almost always catches up to those involved!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:21 am

Fair enough, I hate these sort of trades to be honest. I was saying that when this board was clamouring that Selwood trade for a goalie like Neuvirth (Suddenly some people changed their minds on this trade after the playoffs were over). I'd rather teams stay put and not force teenagers to move schools and move cities just before exams. Your indictment though is on pretty much every team because they all do it.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:33 am

Last minute 'micro-managing' has never made sense to me. Super-duper stars very rarely win championships for anyone! Trading seldom helps and is often very counter-productive. Usually 2 or 3 organizations actively and aggressively engage each year and only one team emerges as the winner. Sometimes it's not the team that trades either! The other 2 go home empty handed (Owen Sound almost 'shot' themselves right out of the league a few years ago and has hardly recovered) - and yet the rest of the league actually thinks this is the ultimate formula of success instead of focussing on what the work they should 'really' de doing!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:50 am

Gens Camper wrote:Anyone who can score 50 goals in the OHL must do something

right. I am sure 4 or 5 teams need him - price was TOO high

I know if we could land a player who could SCORE .

I DON'T CARE HOW BIG HE IS -

Hayes and Stokes got traded to us because their teams needed to

get bigger - BUT we don't

Stokes is 6'1 ?
bigE88
bigE88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down