Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who could be the first roster player to be traded

+8
Hayes#21
Chamoo
bigE88
jaycro
Oshawa fan
steamed
mygens
Gens Camper
12 posters

Go down

Who could be the first roster player to be traded Empty Who could be the first roster player to be traded

Post by Gens Camper Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:18 pm

It's already December and about 6 weeks till the trade deadline and we have not moved 1 player this year must be a record

Is it that we have no one to move or price is too high

I think Brown is under achieving and could be moved

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Who could be the first roster player to be traded Empty Re: Who could be the first roster player to be traded

Post by mygens Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:36 pm

i agree brown to me has not reached what was expected of him back a couple of years ago , dont expect much for him ! .....padulo doesnt exactly kill himself out there on the ice either , may be able to get a 2nd rounder for him , i would move him , while you can

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Who could be the first roster player to be traded Empty Re: Who could be the first roster player to be traded

Post by steamed Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:21 pm

What trade Brown or Padulo and get a ten round pick scratch you are not going to get anything in return for those to players,but I think they bring alot to the Gens both players are not 50 goal scores and problably never ever will, but they get there nose dirty go in the coners and put pressure on the opposition. Now I think Esposto would get you a good return player and maybe package him with someone.And I would even consider trading DeHaan if the return is a good,Gen's next season will be a good one but not a cup contender I think it's the following year which Dehann will be an OA if he hasn't cracked the pro's next year.just a thought.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Top end players will be hard to move

Barrie and Kitchener have made moves already, don't

have much left to deal maybe Missy does

I say keep Dehann unless a JT offer comes along

I don't agree - Esposto would bring no more than a 3rd - 4th rd pick

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:40 pm

I actually thought Padulo played well on Sunday. I'm not sure what the point would be in trading him as I think there is some positive potential.

Brown might be a little different as he has tailed off lately. What would he bring?

No sense making trades just for the sake of making trades. More draft choices are not needed.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Instead of saying Who could be the first roster player to be traded.
We should start a online pool of your 3 player that you think might get traded in order from 1-3

Here's mine:

1/Nick Esposto
2/Andy Andreoff
3/ CalvinDeHann

I'm not saying that I want these players traded I'm not because they bring alot to the team but as the trading deadline is 6 weeks I thought maybe we can have some fun and see who predicts right.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:54 pm

i have no clue lol

Last edited by generalsfan4life on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:01 pm

generalsfan4life wrote:i'd say none of the above.

Then who's yours.That was my selection not saying I want those players traded I just thought it would be fun.
but I see you don't like fun Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:55 pm

oh opps my bad lol been a long day today lol

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:24 pm

Hate to be negative but you aren't going to get much for any of the players listed above (de Haan an obvious exception); maybe a 5th at best as they are all really 3rd and 4th line players. The big question is , do you trade de Haan at this year's deadline or next. I'm sure he would bring a "handsome ransome"! The players who could (not should) be traded are 1. Dzielski, 2. DeHart and 3. Brown/Terreri (can't make up my mind!). To me, Dzielski has been a disappointment for an overager and Dehart is decent, but not great as a last year player. I know he has no trade value but Emerson Clark doesn't contribute much. He is a little terrier going up against a bouvier in most cases. He is this year's version of Taylor. I admire his tenacity but I'd rather have someone on the roster who might score 5 or more goals and contribute next year! We don't need lightweights protecting our "stars" or fighting to motivate the team unless they will add more than one dimension to the team! Sorry!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:03 am

mygens wrote:i agree brown to me has not reached what was expected of him back a couple of years ago , dont expect much for him ! .....padulo doesnt exactly kill himself out there on the ice either , may be able to get a 2nd rounder for him , i would move him , while you can

Brown was an undrafted free agent from last year, what more can you expect from the Kid ? He fights, hits and has a bit of a touch around the net ! IMO he will be the over age captain next year. He reminds me alot of Shea Kewin
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:06 pm

just my opinion based on what i see on the ice

PADULO ........the weak link on the line with stokes and esposto, he's a floater .......not going anywhere with this guy , sorry
BROWN ...........not very good in his own end , not very creative with the puck , can shoot , can fight , if i could get a 3rd round pick for him , i;d trade him in a heartbeat
STRNAD.......get rid of him , before he disappears completely on the ice and you cant find him
CLARK........i like him , apparantly has some stick skills in practice , needs to play , more time , keep in mind the kid is 16-17 .....tough as nails , going to get bigger , stronger , much better fighter than taylor , not even close .
TERERI.....big but not a very good fighter , not tough enough, for a heavy, needs to be replaced for next year at least
DEHAAN....take a chance holdon to this guy , could be the kingpin on a very good team in the next year or two ......personally i dont think he is strong enough for the pros , not to play defense anyhow .
DEHART ......if i could get a 2nd or even 3rd for him i would deal him at the deadline ...........YOU CANT TOO MANY DRAFT CHOICES .

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:08 pm

I REPEAT , YOU CANT HAVE TOO MANY 2ND AND 3RD ROUND DRAFT CHOICES

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Chamoo Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:13 pm

You can't have too many draft picks, but you also need bodies to play out the season.

Chamoo

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:20 pm

mygens wrote:just my opinion based on what i see on the ice

PADULO ........the weak link on the line with stokes and esposto, he's a floater .......not going anywhere with this guy , sorry
BROWN ...........not very good in his own end , not very creative with the puck , can shoot , can fight , if i could get a 3rd round pick for him , i;d trade him in a heartbeat
STRNAD.......get rid of him , before he disappears completely on the ice and you cant find him
CLARK........i like him , apparantly has some stick skills in practice , needs to play , more time , keep in mind the kid is 16-17 .....tough as nails , going to get bigger , stronger , much better fighter than taylor , not even close .
TERERI.....big but not a very good fighter , not tough enough, for a heavy, needs to be replaced for next year at least
DEHAAN....take a chance holdon to this guy , could be the kingpin on a very good team in the next year or two ......personally i dont think he is strong enough for the pros , not to play defense anyhow .
DEHART ......if i could get a 2nd or even 3rd for him i would deal him at the deadline ...........YOU CANT TOO MANY DRAFT CHOICES .

i am not sure who you are watching but Padulo is a little bulldog. He lays the big hits and is not afraid to stand up for his team mates. His role is not to score on this team, but grind it out and he does just that.
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:58 pm

I know we have to build our team for the future, with the expecation that within the next two years we make a real run.

So of all the guys we are talking about trading, who will still be here in two years(if we didn't make any trades). Esposto is the first name for me. He showed a lot of promise last year, and maybe is is just a late bloomer, but right now...his play is mediocre. He is not bad. He is not great. This is a guy who needs to be chipping in a goal every other game, and is not. His play needs to be more consistent.

Padulo- My verdict is still out on him. He has shown some great speed and tenacity. Just can't seem to hit the net very often on his chances. Nerves??? Not sure but 8 out 10 shots never hit the net. Can he turn that around? If he could , that would be a strong forward in the next couple years. Really can't say yes or no.

I do not agree with Strand. I think he has skill, and for a guy who has been sitting...mabey gets more ice time and becomes better and has more confidence now that Parnham is gone. I think for the little he has got to play, it may be worth one more year for him.

Clarke , love him. You need a guy like this on your team. Good attitude, and he is there when you need him physically. It has been nice to see his spirit and it makes the team respond. That is a great attribute for a player.

Andreoff is doing exactly what the coach has told him. He has chipped a few timely goals this year and is a solid two way player. Don't get me wrong he is not going to be a 50 goal scorer, but he is stable in is own end and can be effective in the offensive end. He should stay in my books.

Tereri- Little disappointed in him. Although Sunday , he showed the most persistance I have ever seen him play. He was cycling the puck effectively, but one game...mabey time to move him. He is an overager and wouldn't have too much impact on the two year plan.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:40 am

We have too many passengers.

If they were worth anything, I would move Padulo, Esposto, Andreoff, Brown. I just do not see that they are going to bring in anything that is worthwhile. These are 4th line guys on other teams.

Thomas, Jenner and Berger are players who have the skill and provide the team with some hope. The rest of the forwards, I am sorry are all spare parts.

I am so tired of watching the poor effort of the first 4 names I mentioned.

Of the 4 Brown is the one I would keep, just because he showed so much potential last season but has disappeared this season.
Padulo is just filling space and time here. Andreoff is lazy and spends more time cheap shotting and chirping players when we need someone to lead and score. See you later. Esposto, I have always liked but he is so inconsistent that it drives me crazy.

Defense, the 2 De's are 1st class Dehart and DeHaan are awesome. The rest are young and showing potential.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:17 pm

There's a good chance Calvin won't be back next year anyway so lets see what we can get for him.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:14 pm

Calvin is nowhere ready for the NHL next year. He is physically not ready but his skating and shot are. I think he will be back.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Chamoo Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:49 am

jaycro wrote:Calvin is nowhere ready for the NHL next year. He is physically not ready but his skating and shot are. I think he will be back.

We'll have to be careful what we say about Calvin making the show next year. I definately wasn't the only one who definately expected Del Zotto to return to Junior in 09/10. He isn't in the NHL right now for his defence, and De Haan would be in the same boat.

Chamoo

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:23 am

Don't forget that Del Zotto had a strong camp with the Rangers in 2008 as well. I am not sure that DeHaan did with the Islanders.

I would prefer that they not trade DeHaan because I would expect him to be the cornerstone next year.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:06 pm

The problem with looking for trades and or draft choices is many of our OLDER players came to us from teams who couldn't use them. When you see Windsor tomorropw night tell me how many or who from our team could play on Windsor. Secondly, how many 16 year olds does windsor have playing? We have young fellows who try hard. I like that. Some nights JT and mates mailed it in. We all must be patient. There are few of our players that anyone wants and those that would be picked up Calvin, would weaken an already weak team that tries hard. I LIKE THE EFFORT OF THESE YOUNG FELLOWS.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by wannabe Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:18 pm

As much as I would hate to see him leave I would say trade DeHaan. If there is any possibility that he will not be back they must get something for him. They should have done the same last year with Parnham and Nagy. Yes, it would have depleted the team but they are now gone and the Gens missed the opportunity to get bodies for them. The joys of the business of hockey. I think this team is going to be pretty good within the next couple of years. Patience is what all of us require now. Sit back and watch them develop.

wannabe

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down