Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brett Parnham Traded?

+15
radicallacrosse
the croc
UGENS
Hayes#21
drifter
mygens
steamed
Gens Fan 108
bigE88
Gens Camper
Generalizations
GENNY
archer_gens
hockeybeats
jaycro
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Brett Parnham Traded? Empty Brett Parnham Traded?

Post by jaycro Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:49 pm

It has been unofficially reported on a Kitchener Fan Forum (Rangers Rush) that Parnham has been traded to Kitchener for Julian Cimadamore, an "89", and thus an overager and Mickey Sartoretto, a "91", plus a conditional choice. Cimadamore has been out with an injury all year and has played one game and Sartoretto has zero points in 9 games. I really hope this proves to be false as, if true, we were ripped off for our 50 goal scorer! Pray with me!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Brett Parnham Traded? Empty Re: Brett Parnham Traded?

Post by hockeybeats Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Sartoretto was a 7th round pick when drafted into the OHL and Cimadamore is an OA who has never played a full season in the OHL. Unless there's something else to this deal, this seems pretty unlikely.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Dips is on record as saying the rumor orignated from Kitchener and he has not even discussed a trade with Parnham
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:02 pm

When was the last time he played for us?
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:36 pm

jaycro wrote:It has been unofficially reported on a Kitchener Fan Forum (Rangers Rush) that Parnham has been traded to Kitchener for Julian Cimadamore, an "89", and thus an overager and Mickey Sartoretto, a "91", plus a conditional choice. Cimadamore has been out with an injury all year and has played one game and Sartoretto has zero points in 9 games. I really hope this proves to be false as, if true, we were ripped off for our 50 goal scorer! Pray with me!

Cimadamore is at best a role player, second or third liner at best. As beats said, Cimadamore hasn't even played a full season in the OHL either. Sartoretto just seems to be a big body out there. I fail to see how this trade is even remotely fair, or worthwhile.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:46 am

Trading of Brett Parnham should bring a better deal than this

Brett is a proven 50 goal scorer - 1 st line player

We do not need 2 roster players to take out 2 of our players

on our roster unless they are more talented than we have.

Team Chemistry is reported as higher than last year

why mess with it.

Brett should bring you a solid 2nd rd pick plus an O A that can

score or a Igor Gongalsky clone

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:52 am

This topic has been "locked" on the RangersRush Forum. It would appear that it was fabricated by a Ranger fan who has now been banned from their site. Incidentally, those who saw this speculation on their site almost died laughing at how ridiculous it was. Closure!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:07 am

Thanks for the update

April fools day came early

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:17 pm

in the Whitby This Week it says its a RUMOUR.
http://newsdurhamregion.com/sports/article/135303

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:58 pm

OHL_Fan_069 wrote:in the Whitby This Week it says its a RUMOUR.
http://newsdurhamregion.com/sports/article/135303

says nothing about the bogus trade rumour to Kitchener
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 108 Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:59 pm

That's because the article is from SEPT 10/ 09!! The rumour with Kitchener only started this week.

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:30 pm

Ifound this in the Kitchener paper a very intresting read..
Parnham not returning calls

28, 2009
By Jeff Hicks, Record staff

A hush is settling over The Shwa.

Fifty-goal Oshawa Generals centre Brett Parnham, his wonky shoulder re-located, isn’t returning calls.

Perhaps he was driving and didn’t have his hands-free set yet.

Gens coach-GM Chris DePiero, asked to comment on Parnham’s future as a Gen, isn’t responding to emails or phone messages from The Record.

Parnham’s agent Ian Pulver, reached Wednesday, said little of his overage client’s wishes.

“I’m not going to get into his personal decisions right now,” Pulver said.

This is what we hear. Parnham, a former Kitchener minor hockey pivot, wants out of Oshawa.

The Kitchener Rangers, in need of a veteran centre to bolster their impressive No. 4 ranking in the Canadian Hockey League, want him at the Aud where he once skated as an atom Kraker.

“I’ve talked to Chris,” said Rangers coach-GM Steve Spott, whose club visits the Brampton Battalion on Thursday. “We’re very good friends to begin with. Brett’s a 50-goal scorer in this league. He’s a marquee player. I don’t know what Oshawa is going to do with him yet. I have no idea.”

As recently as two weeks ago, Parnham said said he planned to chat with DePiero about his status.

In September, Parnham told The Record it may make little sense for him to return to the retooling Gens and likely end up as 20-year-old trade bait by Christmas.

A bidding war for Parnham could get pricey. Consider that the Plymouth Whalers -- in a move signalling the Whale may expect overage centre Chris Terry to be returned from the parent Carolina Hurricanes system -- coughed up second and third-round picks to land reclamation project Josh Brittain from Barrie.

The Gens would want young talent in any swap for Parnham.

They’d ask for Alex Alva Aleardi and be told to call AAA for a battery boost instead.

Guys like Mike Catenacci, Shane Prince or Michelangelo Sartoretto could be artfully packaged with injured overager Julian Cimadamore. Surely, the Gens would want picks too.

Spott has few to give.

Enter London GM Mark Hunter. His blueline-thin Knights are desperate for help. So he scouted last Sunday’s Rangers-Greyhounds game at the Aud to ogle the potentially available defenders of both teams, including Kitchener’s Jonathan Jasper.

If Spott intends to land Parnham, he’ll first seek to gather a high pick or two.

Picks are the universal currency of GMs. Until used, they hold value to all.

Players’ value is more subjective and fleeting. It can disappear with a twisted ankle or case of mono.

Was Windsor defender Jesse Blacker, plus centre Ben Dubois, really worth two seconds, a third, a 12th and blueliner Paul Bezzo? Not to most. But to desperate Owen Sound, the deal was deemed worth doing.

Other GMs shake their heads at the price of doing business.

Meanwhile, the Rangers take on Brampton.

In net, it’s Mavric Parks against Gang Green’s Patrick Killeen.

The key to victory?

“You’re going to have to play in the trenches,” Spott said.

Trench warfare? It may take just that to land a General.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Thanks for the article. Unfortunately, as the the article states, the Rangers don't have much in the way of picks to offer and the players listed don't have great building value as they are wrong age, too small or 3rd and 4th liners! It might be interesting soon as Parnham gets closer to returning from his injury. Something to look forward to in the weeks/months ahead!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:35 pm

if everything stays on track he could return next weekend for the gens saginaw/windsor road trip
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:48 pm

The Gens don't need draft picks we have enough picks they need bodys, and as for wrong age Catenacci & Sartoretto are '91's could play for the Gen's 1-2 years, Aleari & Prince are '92's which could play for the Gen's 2-3 years as for size your right they are on the small size. Get what you can for a player that doesn't want to be here,if the articale is right.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Wouldn't want Catenacci or Sartoretto but would take Aleardi and a 2nd or Prince and a 2nd and a 3rd. Prince is not scoring much and as the article suggests. if you want Aleardi, you may as well forget it! Skinner would make a nice addition...DREAM ON!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:26 pm

parnham is a proven 50 goal scorer , you dont get him as an overage for a couple of 3rd line players , you never have too many draft picks , just ask windsor or london .......i would never give parnham away unless i got a substantial return .....i'd rather not play him get nothing for him and send a message that the gens arent going to help another team win , for little in return

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Well Parns could be good here. It is starting to turn into a #s game. I for one would like to see him stay for scoring power. But it would be to much of a cancer to have him in the line up. Get some bodys and draft picks and roll the dice. If he doesn't want to be here the grass is greener on the other side. Hate to say it. But nice knowing you. Get someone who wants to play. This team seems to have chemistry on and off the ice which hasn't happened here in the Shawa for quite a while.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:24 pm

Gens Fan 108 wrote:That's because the article is from SEPT 10/ 09!! The rumour with Kitchener only started this week.

then why post it on a rumour thread about Parnham going to Kitchener

and as far as the Article goes if Parham thinks he would do better off on a contending team, and not the re-tooling Gens then I am postive Dipps will be able to swing a good deal for the Gens. He has proven in trades like the Tavares deal he can get the job done.
bigE88
bigE88

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:54 pm

The Gens owe it to trade Parnham for his service here as dedicated foot soldier. Let him play for a contender as we don't need him as much as what he would bring in a trade to assist with the rebuild. This team looks okay this year but will be lucky to make the playoffs , which if they do, won't take them far among the Barries and St. Mikes in our conference. I would enjoy the moderate improvement this year in exchange for being a contender in the next two years. We need to be patient after bottoming out, so to speak.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:41 pm

jaycro wrote:The Gens owe it to trade Parnham for his service here as dedicated foot soldier. Let him play for a contender as we don't need him as much as what he would bring in a trade to assist with the rebuild. This team looks okay this year but will be lucky to make the playoffs , which if they do, won't take them far among the Barries and St. Mikes in our conference. I would enjoy the moderate improvement this year in exchange for being a contender in the next two years. We need to be patient after bottoming out, so to speak.

some consistent goaltending and defensive zone play amoung the youngsters and this team is good enough not to just make the playoffs, but scare a team or two while come spring. Deal off Parnham for two picks and a roster player, and continue without adding a distraction to the team. its too bad this news is coming out now, because i am sure a few players would have liked to of seen him back this year, and the disappointment could be causing the poor play the last game or two.
bigE88
bigE88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:05 am

I think all our fans were aware that a trade with Parnham would most likely happen.

He is an overager, with scoring power. That is a something any team would want , including Oshawa, with our dismal powerplay.

I have to respect Parnham's honesty regarding his position on this team.

I don't believe he doesn't want to play for Oshawa, because he is not happy with his team and management. I think he is looking at his future beyond the OHL.

It easy to condem these young men,and see their decisions as selfish and not thinking of the team, but the bottom line is they have to do what they feel is right for their future.

Many of these kids will not have a career past the OHL. That is the hard truth. Many of them don't know that or cannot accpet that. So , posturing for the more stable future, is not something I can be upset with. (I would do it too)

I agree that our GM will not trade him for a christmas tree either. We will get a good deal, that will benefit Oshawa .

That will satisfy what Parnham needs to be happy and the Oshawa organization and fans. Win win...

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:38 am

Not many of us expected Brett to be back in the OHL this year

Now that he is - It is a win win situation for him and the GENS

GENS will get a player and or picks for someone they weren't

sure would be in their plans

If I was him I would want to finish my days in my hometown

I expect that is where he will end up - if they want to pay the price

to get him

I think a 2nd year center plus a 2nd rd pick in 2014, 21016

who cares how far away - it's building blocks for the future

THANKS Brett - can't say that I blame you

Kitchener or ????

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:20 pm

sorry jaycro , i dont buy into " gens owe it to any player" the gens "owe it to the fans /season ticket holder " to do the best for the future of the team .........teams like london and windsor dont do "favours " and give players away , neither should the gens .......trust me the players and their agents look after themselves first .....furthermore if parnham is healthy he should be playing and filling the net , to showcase his talent if moving is what he really wants to do ...........

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:01 pm

Just to clarify Parnham was born in Kitchener, but his home town where he spent most of his life is Orrillia, not Kitchener. So Barrie would be his choice team, do you really want to bolster that team even more??? As for Kitchener they have taken enough of our talent so, "Getting" Alex and Andrew was great, but not enough to let them get Parns from us !!!

Furthermore have any of you ever thought that this team could do even better with Parnham on this team? The NHL scouts can see him just fine from our own building. Why does he have to go to a team who looks like they will go all the way how did that work out for JT and DZ last year ??? They were drafted because of what was seen of them as a General not a London Knight Hello!!!

My rant is over!!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next