Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brett Parnham update

+25
Oshawa fan
mygens
Popbottle
sno4iceman
radicallacrosse
gensrock
oshawanut
gmc 118
Gens Fan 108
hockeybeats
drifter
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
im4the1320
wannabe
jentgensfan
steamed
goalie gal
bigE88
gogensgo
archer_gens
ogf
UGENS
Generalizations
GENNY
Gens Camper
29 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Brett Parnham  update Empty Brett Parnham update

Post by Gens Camper Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:52 am

Brett has been cleared to play for the GENS next game

THIS can only be good news - game shape will take awhile

Good luck Brett - Welcome back

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Brett Parnham  update Empty Re: Brett Parnham update

Post by GENNY Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:51 pm

Another thread mentioned Valentine is back as well. I can't wait till Sunday. Let's get another one in Erie Friday.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:54 am

cool that's good news.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:00 am

good

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:29 pm

Brett did not play in Erie on Friday, but is supposed to play at home on Sunday night.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:14 pm

Brett Parnham has packed his bags and gone home he doesn't want to be a General anymore.

My Question is what would you do with his rights as the team has to declare them tomorow!!! I have my opinion, but will keep it to myself this time lol!!!

Now on the radio they said we were proctecting his and Nagy's not sure why Nags he's not coming back!!

His mom came over to say hello to old billet and the rest of us she knew, we all wished him well and said he must have left his stone hands here in 9 games he has 6 points!!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:31 pm

I can't wish him well, sorry. If he wants to be traded, that is fine. He should be dressing for the Gens and giving his best to show every team in the league he can still play after the injury. For him to be sellfish like this is not right. He would be alot easier to trade if other teams knew he could still play. Some players don't come back from shoulder injuries to well. He owes it to the Gens Organization to play and give the organization the most they can get in a trade. I am very disappointed.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:37 pm

So glad we didn't hold the C for him while he was away.

Sorry but Oshawa is a good organization and they've done alot for him.

Way to treat your team mates and the fans.

See you later.

As for what you do with his rights trade them for whatever you can get. Possibly a team we play in Oshawa still the year. I want to boo loudly.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:53 pm

Good riddens to him,u dont wanna be here then get out.trade him to a team we play lots so we can vent by booing him back to where he came from.He has no rights to do what he just did.Im going to stop here cause i cant say how i really feel on these boards.I hope we get something decent in return for him,it wont be much now because of this.He has put the whole gens organization in a pretty tight bind here,not a very nice thing to do if ya ask me.

Back to top Go down

Post by gogensgo Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:53 pm

Our best 3 players in less than 12 months have all asked to leave? Are you sure you are all correct in who you want to be upset with?

gogensgo

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:02 am

gogensgo wrote:Our best 3 players in less than 12 months have all asked to leave? Are you sure you are all correct in who you want to be upset with?

ummm the other two being who ? Tavares and DelZotto ?? they didn't demand a trade they played hard for the Gens and were traded because its how Junior hockey works.

As for Parnham, trade the little guy to a team we will play and Valentine can crush him
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by goalie gal Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:47 am

I am not totally surprised by this he walked out on them on the last game of the season in Brampton last year and he did it again today. Who really wants a player on his team when he walks out on them. I hope we get someting good for him. A player who really wants to play us. Good riddens Parnham . The grass isn't always green on the other side. I guess we now know who does Parnham's talking for him. It's pretty sad whem the oldest player on our roster is the biggest baby i have ever seen. I thoink the 4 16yr older have more maturity then he does

goalie gal

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:22 am

goalie gal wrote:I am not totally surprised by this he walked out on them on the last game of the season in Brampton last year and he did it again today. Who really wants a player on his team when he walks out on them. I hope we get someting good for him. A player who really wants to play us. Good riddens Parnham . The grass isn't always green on the other side. I guess we now know who does Parnham's talking for him. It's pretty sad whem the oldest player on our roster is the biggest baby i have ever seen. I thoink the 4 16yr older have more maturity then he does

do you know the situation first hand ? do you know first hand he walked out on the team in Brampton ? maybe there are underlying issues here, maybe not. I have not heard an official statement from the team on this issue. Maybe he wants to go to school, maybe he has an offer to play in Europe or AHL. All of these scenarios are possible, and for you to degrate the player personally, a player who has done nothing but play his heart out the last 3 years here is downright disgusting. Wait until the story comes out to give your opinion, and if its true he went home for selfish reasons then you have the right to hate him. Until now, he ain't the Donati's.
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:50 am

UGENS wrote:Brett Parnham has packed his bags and gone home he doesn't want to be a General anymore.

My Question is what would you do with his rights as the team has to declare them tomorow!!! I have my opinion, but will keep it to myself this time lol!!!

Now on the radio they said we were proctecting his and Nagy's not sure why Nags he's not coming back!!

His mom came over to say hello to old billet and the rest of us she knew, we all wished him well and said he must have left his stone hands here in 9 games he has 6 points!!!

UGENS(Karon)

You have to protect him,if not another team can pick him up for a draft pick I think.They have to protect 4 Qa's
so I think he will be 1 of the four.
I don't no way this is a surprise that Parnham dosn't want to play with the Gen's he didn't want to play for Sudbury either.I had a sneaky suspision that he wouldn't be bad as Hayes was given the"C" at the start of the season.I hope this dosn't hurt the value what we can get in a trade.I'm wondering if a trade was already in the works and will be anounced today or did Dips not no about his feelngs.Oh well life goes on,and I'm sure the Gen's will be better for it.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jentgensfan Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:11 am

I agree with BigE88.....why not wait for an official reason as to why Parnham is leaving before hating him. He played hard for the Gens, why not give him the benefit of the doubt? Geez, these guys take a verbal beating if they don't do exactly as the fans want them to do.
jentgensfan
jentgensfan

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by wannabe Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:39 pm

gogensgo wrote:Our best 3 players in less than 12 months have all asked to leave? Are you sure you are all correct in who you want to be upset with?

HUH??? Tavares and Delzotto did NOT want to leave Oshawa but did so because they knew it was more than likely they would not return to the OHL at all. Also look back at the draft and they announced them as from the OHL not the London Knights.

So that leaves Mr. Parnham as wanting out of Oshawa. I for one hope they either ship him to the furthest north team or don't trade him at all and make him sit all year long. After this crap he has dished out there may not be a team that wants him regardless of how many goals he has scored. If he wants a trade he should be out there showing other teams that he is now healthy and ready to go if anyone wants him. No respect for this team or his teamates or the fans.

Nice to see the Nagy's at the rink last night. I saw them and thought (prayed) maybe they are here cuz he's coming back. I told them I thought the stars were aligning the night before they release their protected list. But alas the lad is happy and doing well in Trenton. You go Kory!!! On the drive home from the rink his parents were with Snoek and Luck and they passed along a message that the thing he misses the most is the fan support in Oshawa. Now that's class...unlike his former roomate.

Regardless of your reasons Mr. Parnham, it is a totally crappy thing to do to the town, your teamates, and the fans that have supported you and bought your gear at the generals store. In the end you are not far from being a Donati. Now the whole hockey community including the NHL see's you for what you are.

wannabe

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by im4the1320 Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Rochester doesn’t want him. Ottawa doesn’t want him. Many years of draft eligibility and no team wants him.
Let him sit in the stands or at home in his room. It’s his future he is screwing. Maybe he knows, like many others, this level of hockey is as far as he will ever go.

Last edited by im4the1320 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

im4the1320

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:15 pm

I hope they see him as a kid trying to fulfill his dreams of playing pro hockey and that is what everyone else who is taking a personal attack on him should see. Would you not be supportive if this was your son?

Parnham has been a team player for years and has given it his all to the team and his teamates and whatever the reasons, he has chosen to leave. There are two or more sides to every story and none of us know all the sides or reasons for him leaving.

I just want to thank him for his hard work over the years and wish him all the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:06 pm

why defend him? my problem with him is that he has been with the team for the last month going to games, being in the stands.... he should have demanded a trade right off the bat.... i'm most upset because he's doing what Sundin did almost.... if he would have said a month ago trade me we could have moved on.... he tiptoed around the issue for way to long if he doesn't want to be here.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by wannabe Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:10 pm

archer_gens wrote:why defend him? my problem with him is that he has been with the team for the last month going to games, being in the stands.... he should have demanded a trade right off the bat.... i'm most upset because he's doing what Sundin did almost.... if he would have said a month ago trade me we could have moved on.... he tiptoed around the issue for way to long if he doesn't want to be here.

Not to mention using their resources for treatment etc. You want out so bad why hang around. Go home. OK that's it done with this and Mr. parnham. Hopefully it doesn't effect the team too,too bad. Shouldn't really, it's not like he's been a member since last season. Keep your chins up guys. We support the Gens no matter what. You're better off without him if that's the attitude he brings!!!

wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:16 pm

thats what really angers me, he is using the team, and his team mates, and not that i'm an on the band wagon off the band wago kind of fan..... some people buy tickets because of certain players, and this is a big blow to our playoff chances..... especially considering we could have made this trade a month ago and got something in return that could have been contributing....
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:15 pm

Until the ownership situation is rectified , there are alot of kids who DO NOT want to be Oshawa Generals
PERIOD

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by wannabe Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:45 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:Until the ownership situation is rectified , there are alot of kids who DO NOT want to be Oshawa Generals
PERIOD

Such as???? Oh let me guess, you won't say...but you'll just throw it out there. Same old same old. Put their names out there and see what can be done. There are alot of kids that would love a chance to play in the OHL. Can't really blame it on ownership once you've reported to camp. The issues are there long before this year. They should stay home if that's the way they, mommy or daddy feel. There job is play hockey...period

More of us than I can count do not like our bosses. But in the end we have a job to do. Quit or go home. Where do these kids get off saying they won't play here or play there? Why are they allowed to get away with it?? Would you get away with it in the workplace?? I've been following this league and the Gens for years, generations. Sickening to see young men behave this way even more sickening that they are defended all because the boss rubs them the wrong way. If they won the Memorial Cup and recieved a trip or a bonus from said boss you wouldn't hear any of them bitching then would ya.

wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:22 pm

But they would have to work for that. If you don't want to go where you are drafted or traded to. They should sit home and watch their career go along the wayside. You can't dictate where you will play or don't play. He was happy here when they were going places. But now it's getting tougher to get the points with such a young team. I don't know if you heard Rob Snook on the radio at noon. But we are second youngest team in the OHL. I'm not sure who is the youngest. It burns my butt to hear todays generation complain because they have to do things they don't want to. Everything is handed to them on a silver platter. Brett no disrespect if you read this. But you don't want to play here. Sit home or get a job. Hockey isn't for you. If you were drafted by an NHL team and you didn't want to play there. Do you think anyone else would want you. Suck it up and play your year out. Show you are a team player. Thats how you will get ahead. Sorry for the rant.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:56 pm

To most OHL players, the opportunity to play and get noticed matters far more than any sort of ownership controversy. Oshawa offers:

a) tradition/history
b) proximity to Toronto media
c) a top-notch facility
d) the chance for playing time because it's a young team
e) the possibility of playing on a contender within the next two years

These things are far, far more important to any player that's 16, 17 or 18. The one difference with Parnham is that he has already experienced his run because the Gens built for two years ago. All his linemates are gone as well as most of the players he played with. I'm sure that has a lot more to do with this than who owns the team.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next