Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brett Parnham update

+25
Oshawa fan
mygens
Popbottle
sno4iceman
radicallacrosse
gensrock
oshawanut
gmc 118
Gens Fan 108
hockeybeats
drifter
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
im4the1320
wannabe
jentgensfan
steamed
goalie gal
bigE88
gogensgo
archer_gens
ogf
UGENS
Generalizations
GENNY
Gens Camper
29 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Brett Parnham  update - Page 4 Empty Re: Brett Parnham update

Post by runner Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Maybe Parnham did let management know his intention. Maybe that intention was to play professional hockey this year. Maybe there was an understanding that Parnham would get healthy and see what his options were. Other GM"s would have known what Parnham's intentions were and they're not going to offer much for a player who is waiting to see whether there is a pro contract out there for him.

Until we hear from somebody who knows the full story it is all speculation as to whether management missed the boat or not

runner

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:54 pm

Any GM worth his 'salt' would have DEFINATELY spun a return outof a 50 goal scorer in this loop either way! I think we have half a coach and have a GM at work here! Maye they will reduced the ticket prices 50% too?

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:08 pm

This organization had the opportunity to attract quality proven coaching and management when the 'house was cleaned!" What possessed them to keep part of the 'old guard' I'll never know! Now we get to enjoy yet more incompitance and mediocre output at top prices! That what happens when an inmate gets to run the asylum!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:25 am

gensman wrote:This organization had the opportunity to attract quality proven coaching and management when the 'house was cleaned!" What possessed them to keep part of the 'old guard' I'll never know! Now we get to enjoy yet more incompitance and mediocre output at top prices! That what happens when an inmate gets to run the asylum!

the inmate being whom ? Rocco ? Dips ? those would be the wardens..
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:51 am

Don't forget that Parnham had a limited number of places he was prepared to be traded to. The GM may have had his hands tied a little on this one.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:06 pm

That is where the king sized 'ego' takes over. A 'good' GM in that positon should accomodate so that the team doesn't get NADA and an omellet all over his face! Who cares if it's not what 'you wanted!' Now thanks for the one line 'press conference' and yet another misstep! Unreal!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:40 pm

well "gensman " had enough of dipiero have you ? i'm starting to slide your way i'm afraid , before this parhnam blunder ( he should have gotten something for him before he signed with utah ) i have felt that the gm is doing a pretty good job , can we really crucify him over one blunder? , and we wont know on lessio and biggs for awhile , but as a coach well i'm with you , although most of his players are working very hard , which means they either like their coach or are afraid of him ( either one works for me ) , as a tactician , x's and o's coach i dont think dipiero has got it .....just my view !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:21 pm

Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:37 pm

We'ev definately heard the last! A major mishandling of a key player by a lightweight wannabe!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:50 pm

Has anyone heard anything similar to what I heard today? Somebody was saying that a deal was done and was believed to be ready to be finalized but was kaiboshed at the last minute by the Parnham camp. Also being discussed in this trade was the package Parnham was to receive for being an OA but minor pro was the more profitable venture for his immediate future so he walked before any party in the trade was able to respond and everybody was left high and dry.

Not sure if that's just hearsay but it seemed to make as much sense as anything else I've heard.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:57 am

I don't think that Parnham 'hung around' this long only triple clutch at the last moment! I also don't think cash was a consideration either way. More than likey he was hung out to dry py ego driven management who wanted to wait as long as they could to get as high a price as they could! It's a fairly normal process where the player (super duper stars excluded) is hung out as merely chattel in an auction environment. Often the 'purchasing' team grossly over pays! Good for the Parnham camp not to get involved! It always amazes me how much they expect players to take in this game (sic) - super-duper stars excluded of course!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4