Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brett Parnham update

+25
Oshawa fan
mygens
Popbottle
sno4iceman
radicallacrosse
gensrock
oshawanut
gmc 118
Gens Fan 108
hockeybeats
drifter
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
im4the1320
wannabe
jentgensfan
steamed
goalie gal
bigE88
gogensgo
archer_gens
ogf
UGENS
Generalizations
GENNY
Gens Camper
29 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Brett Parnham  update - Page 3 Empty Re: Brett Parnham update

Post by archer_gens Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:39 am

Bobby Orr Number4

People on this board are gonna jump on you from time to time no matter what you say.

Hey I've probably jumped on a few people myself.

We all have our opinions

and i find it funny that when people put up info people demand sources and get angry,,,,, but when people reveal there source then people get angry anyways

Welcome to the Board
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by radicallacrosse Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:22 am

Yes, I was jumped on about a month ago when I said something along the lines of "Don't expect to see Parnham back in a Gens jersey as he will be traded"...

Thought I'd rub it in and say, I was right, I have a very, very, very good source! Smile

radicallacrosse

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sno4iceman Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:53 am

FYI, Parns picked up by Utah of ECHL. Alot of former OHL players are on that team as well as former Knights asst. coach.

sno4iceman

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:56 am

That's typical of this franchise

We get nothing for another player

Increase the value then decline offers from other teams

In the end get ZERO

Nice way to rebuild

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 108 Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Well at least the 'drama' of him coming back is over. When I mentioned drama earlier I ment the now 3 pages on this posting and the numerus other postings on this site plus 2-3 pages on other sites about his return.

I never called anyone a 'drama queen' but whatever. The situation just reminded me of dealing with a large group of teenage girls and how a small situation and lots of speculation can be blown out of proportion.

All the best Brett in Utah!! Take your woolies and high winter boots, the snow there is worst than here! Very Happy

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:53 pm

radicallacrosse wrote:Yes, I was jumped on about a month ago when I said something along the lines of "Don't expect to see Parnham back in a Gens jersey as he will be traded"...

Thought I'd rub it in and say, I was right, I have a very, very, very good source! Smile

Ok then where is this 4 player trade you were talking about for a month,When this happens i guess you can rub it in, untill then i guess your source got it wrong also.You better wipe your mouth because something is leaking out the sides.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Brett Parnham  update - Page 3 Empty Brett Parnham Update

Post by Popbottle Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:54 pm

Having read all of these messages and speculation, why not give it a rest.
In time we will all find out what the solution is to this particular situation.
I remember when Kitchener last year made their trade with Windsor not only to help Kitchener, but to give some of their older players a chance to be on a contender withe Windsor.
I am sure this is what Dips is trying to accomplish and hopefully it will be done sooner rather than later.
What will be will be
Sincerely

Popbottle

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by radicallacrosse Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:57 pm

gmc 118 wrote:
radicallacrosse wrote:Yes, I was jumped on about a month ago when I said something along the lines of "Don't expect to see Parnham back in a Gens jersey as he will be traded"...

Ok then where is this 4 player trade you were talking about for a month,When this happens i guess you can rub it in, untill then i guess your source got it wrong also.You better wipe your mouth because something is leaking out the sides.

I never said it was a done deal, I did say Dips is working on a 4 player deal involving Parnham and said not to expect to see him back in a Generals uniform. I can now 100% safely tell you that the trade is off the table, since it was with another team who recently made a trade (hint hint). I am not going to resort to childish comments, so I will ignore that last part.

radicallacrosse

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:10 pm

Parns is gone with NOTHING in return!

http://www.lfpress.com/sports/hockey/2009/11/18/11786126-sun.html

and here is a quote from crosscheck off the noo

If this is true and parnham is gone the oshawa GM should be fired.To get nothing for him what has been going on the last week where Chris kept saying he is day to day with the shoulder problem.Something smells here

End of quote

I'm sorta tending to agree.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:31 pm

GM's fault for getting nothing in return
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:44 pm

this whole parnham thing has a bad smell to me , obviously there was bad blood between the coaching /management and the player , perhaps the gens , couldnt work out a deal for him , perhaps parnham was not cooperative in such a deal process , perhaps parnham was just waiting around for another opportunity , another league , we'll never know , its definitely another bad break for the gens organization , to lose a top quality player that you developed that was eligible to play is a real setback .........nothing for him , who's fault ???? perhaps it was unavoidable , we can only speculate !!!! tough for us, the season ticket holders , thats for sure !!!!! sooner or later our luck has got to turn around , its been a long bad stretch around here the last 10 yrs or so

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:16 pm

parnham is on record saying he would go to kitchener

could have asked for a second round pick for him, something is better then nothing ya kitchener gets a steal at the price but it doesn't really effect us we lost him either way
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:01 pm

GM looks bad here but it is always a tough call. Trade him for too little and be criticized. Hold out too long and get nothing.

I think there were offers but not enough for the GM. He held his ground and gets nothing.

I don't think the ECHL was necessarily in Parnham's plans if there was a trade to a place he wanted to play. It didn't happen so there you go.

I will not be critical of Parnham. These kids are just bodies to the teams. He has to do what is best for him. Good luck to him.

An interesting thing here is that Kevin Colley (former General) is the GM in Utah. Some of you may remember that there was a trade on the table for Colley's rights to Barrie at the deadline in his OA year. The Oshawa management were unhappy with Colley who had not been playing for him and let the deadline pass without trading him. What goes around comes around?

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:51 pm

The Colley issue was that Barrie did not fax in the papers by

the trade deadline.

However this time as before - it's the fans that lose out

We also have 2 wasted 2 nd rd picks out there

Mr Biggs - Mr Lessio

Both players were leaning towards NCAA

Can't see why they would come here - Can you

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:21 pm

Utah just didn't happen. Parnham, Utah discussions have been around for awhile and the Gens organization knew about them. Parnham did not want to play in Oshawa for whatever reason and told the Gens of his opportunity in Utah and gave them a date he would make a decision. He told them what teams he would possibly play for in a trade and gave them a date he would decide about Utah. Oshawa didn't trade him in time, and apparently he made his decision about Utah.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:13 am

i dont know iif anyone is impressed with dipiero as a coach and gm i for one am NOT .........LESSIO, BIGGS , PARNHAM , BAILIE.........in fact we have had a terrible run of poor coaching and management for too many bloody years now ........if you read other junior blogs the once respected oshawa generals are no longer , we are becoming a joke in the eyes of other fans around the league

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:25 am

So two years ago we were in the ohl final, and may have given belleville a better run in nievirth didnt get hurt.And last season we had too trade our two stars instead of load up, since that used car salesman we had for a gm, left the cupboard empty.This year we are in a rebuilding stage,not sure what you would like.Next year at this time if we are still having issues, then its time to worry.And its not easy having two owners who dont talk and dont like each other.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:21 am

gmc cheers total in agrement with you
about Lessio or Biggs they are in the future plans ,hopefully in the Gen's plans.Dips knew about there NCAA dreams but dreams change as we are talking about 15 yr olds,we gave up draft picks which we have alot of. Give credit for Dips trying to make this team better it's not just about this year it's about the future.This is a rebuilding year lets give them a chance,there in most of the games and never quit,this years team is far better coached than the last 4 or 5 years.But some people can't wait and just dwell in the past. Crying or Very sad
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by wannabe Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Still no information on the Grizzlies site about Parnhams signing.

wannabe

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:06 pm

Dreams only change - if you are going to a winner

Patrick Kane left NCAA - For London - better exposure

At this point we can't offer that

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:14 am

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3931064

Link to Parnham signing story in Utah.....

http://utahgrizzlies.com/news/index.html?article_id=1271

Link to Utah Grizzlies home page with signing info.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:06 am

A trade should have been made! No way that Parnham waited until mid Nov then moved on to the East Coast without giving the GM pleanty of time to set up a decent swap! Picks are the life blood of a team and always useful! Looks like another 'ego' blunder by management! Another 'Shaw egg on face situation I'm afraid!

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:02 am

gensman wrote:A trade should have been made! No way that Parnham waited until mid Nov then moved on to the East Coast without giving the GM pleanty of time to set up a decent swap! Picks are the life blood of a team and always useful! Looks like another 'ego' blunder by management! Another 'Shaw egg on face situation I'm afraid!

Then you would complain about the trade that we didn't get enough Rolling Eyes
I bet you complained about the coaching when we won the Memorial Cup in 1990 Laughing
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:24 pm

I have to agree with Gensmen here steamed. We have had at least a month to work a deal or trade. On some of the other OHL boards we are starting to look like a bunch of idots for letting him get away with nothing. Off the noof from Simon Knightsmen

(If Depiero knows Parnham wants out he should of moved him quickly. He was in his last season and likely was playing for a AHL contract so he wanted to win somewhere. I am sure he could of been moved for a player for player straight swap like Aliardi and everyone is happy. If it turns out he was asking for multiple players from K-Town or Barrie then he is a dunce especially since he knew Parnham had other options. You move him fast to seal the deal and get your player back, but the waiting game likely got to Parnham who could see he was being shopped for a ransom probably. I hope more news leaks out about this soon.)
END QUOTE

We end up on the losing end again by not doing something. I am not complaining here but just stating a fact. WE MISSED THE BOAT.Now the team has to to go without. This is a blow to the other players as well as us PAYING CUSTOMERS. We are letting our stocks slip away. With no returns on them. I really hate to see him go to. Lord knows we could use the firepower as well as his leadership Too bad. Crying or Very sad
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:43 pm

I am sure Parnham let Oshawa management know of his intention early in the season prior to the injury . All OHL teams deal with there OA at the start of the season , because of the options that are available to the OA . Good teams ask the correct questions and have a good feeling as to where the OA stands on his loyalty to the club .
I my opinion , the Oshawa Generals sat back and allowed Parnham to do what is best for Parnham .

For this , it is my opinion that management must be held accountable for this debacle .

Lets wait and see who gets an early christmas present ( a lump of coal )

I know who I got my money on

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next