Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brett Parnham update

+25
Oshawa fan
mygens
Popbottle
sno4iceman
radicallacrosse
gensrock
oshawanut
gmc 118
Gens Fan 108
hockeybeats
drifter
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
im4the1320
wannabe
jentgensfan
steamed
goalie gal
bigE88
gogensgo
archer_gens
ogf
UGENS
Generalizations
GENNY
Gens Camper
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Brett Parnham  update - Page 2 Empty Re: Brett Parnham update

Post by steamed Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:22 pm

I found this

Former Kitchener resident Parnham on OHL trading block, wants out of Oshawa

By Jeff Hicks, Record staff
Brett Parnham has made his move.

The former Kitchener resident and 50-goal gunner for the Oshawa Generals has asked for an Ontario Hockey League trade before returning from a shoulder injury suffered at NHL rookie camp at the Aud in September.

Rangers coach and general manager Steve Spott said Monday he spoke with Gens counterpart Chris DePiero on Sunday. Parnham would fill the Rangers’ need for an elite second-line centre.

But can the Rangers and Gens get a deal done for the overage pivot?

“There does not seem to be a fit between the two organizations,” Spott said.

Spott did not comment further. DePiero didn’t immediately return calls from The Record, nor did Parnham.

Parham’s agent, Ian Pulver, would only say he thought the Parnham situation would resolve itself “sooner than later.”

The Barrie Colts also have intense interest in Parnham, who moved to Orillia from Kitchener at age 10.The Colts are better armed with draft picks than the Rangers to spice up an offer.

The Gens might ask for Rangers sophomore Alex Aleardi, who has just one goal this season. Aleardi, once deemed untouchable, may now be a skater the Rangers are willing to part with.

Other OHL teams, possibly Plymouth, could also enter the Parnham sweepstakes.

Sources say Parnham has threatened to jump to the East Coast professional league, should the Gens not give him a trade to his liking. The Utah Grizzlies would be a likely destination.

Parnham told The Record in September that he was reluctant to return to a young Generals squad because he would likely be dealt by the Jan. 10 trade deadline anyway. He said he would have no problem playing in Kitchener.

Parnham,, who dislocated his shoulder in an NHL rookie camp fight with Ottawa in September, was to return to the Gens lineup on Friday in Erie. His name was on the game sheet but he didn’t play. On Sunday, he was scratched from Oshawa’s home game against Guelph.

Meanwhile, OHL clubs are starting to ponder making some moves following last week’s blockbuster swap between Barrie and Saginaw. Barrie landed defenders T.J. Brodie and Nick Crawford to assert themselves in the East.

Windsor got Dale Mitchell returned to their lineup from the Toronto Maple Leafs top farm team.

With Barrie and Windsor looking so strong, other clubs are taking a hard look at whether their clubs stack up.

The London Knights, stung by the loss of defender Michael Del Zotto to the NHL, are bringing up the names of their top players, including Nazem Kadri, in trade discussions.

Tucker Hunter, the son of head coach Dale Hunter, quit the team to concentrate on schooling.

The Belleville Bulls are continuing their selloff. Defenceman Shawn Lalonde and forward Matt Tipoff are being shopped. Both would interest the Rangers.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 108 Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:17 pm

Enough all ready!! I wish they would just get it over with. This has been dragging on for what.... 2 1/2 months. The team needs to concentrate on their game instead of worring about the drama with Parnham.

Don't get me wrong I like him as a player and wish him luck where every he may land but please...... the drama! You would think it was teenage girls we were dealing with instaed of teenage boys. Laughing

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by goalie gal Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:35 pm

Well stated gen fan 108

goalie gal

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:59 am

I understand that we SHOULD get something decent in return and SHOULD have and WOULD HAVE gotten something really good in return for this BEER LEAGUER but after what has transpired here in the last little while i know we wont so lets get it over with and drop this crap of a soap opera and just trade this drama queen.I dont care to who but i am putting this on my christmas wish list that we or at least I get 1 more really good chance to boo him with everything we or I all here in gens nation got,and i know we got alot to get out cause when he does i will have sign to wave showing my displeasure for this act of being a trader.So please trade him to a team that comes back to the shwa 1 more time. P.S with this kinda attitude he wont make it in the NHL or even close to it. so he may as well go to the BEER LEAGUES.
CHEERS BRETT,HERES TO SEEING U IN THE SHWA 1 MORE TIME.

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:35 am

gensfanforever wrote:I understand that we SHOULD get something decent in return and SHOULD have and WOULD HAVE gotten something really good in return for this BEER LEAGUER but after what has transpired here in the last little while i know we wont so lets get it over with and drop this crap of a soap opera and just trade this drama queen.I dont care to who but i am putting this on my christmas wish list that we or at least I get 1 more really good chance to boo him with everything we or I all here in gens nation got,and i know we got alot to get out cause when he does i will have sign to wave showing my displeasure for this act of being a trader.So please trade him to a team that comes back to the shwa 1 more time. P.S with this kinda attitude he wont make it in the NHL or even close to it. so he may as well go to the BEER LEAGUES.

Just wondering if you had a sign in 1989 showing your displeasure towards eric lindros, when he didnt report to the soo,and was later traded to this team,and brought them a memorial cup.Somehow i dont think you were booing him for his actions.I guess its different because he brought oshawa a championship.Or he had a better excuse, because his mommy didnt want him to be so far away from home.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:14 am

gmc 118 wrote:
gensfanforever wrote:I understand that we SHOULD get something decent in return and SHOULD have and WOULD HAVE gotten something really good in return for this BEER LEAGUER but after what has transpired here in the last little while i know we wont so lets get it over with and drop this crap of a soap opera and just trade this drama queen.I dont care to who but i am putting this on my christmas wish list that we or at least I get 1 more really good chance to boo him with everything we or I all here in gens nation got,and i know we got alot to get out cause when he does i will have sign to wave showing my displeasure for this act of being a trader.So please trade him to a team that comes back to the shwa 1 more time. P.S with this kinda attitude he wont make it in the NHL or even close to it. so he may as well go to the BEER LEAGUES.

Just wondering if you had a sign in 1989 showing your displeasure towards eric lindros, when he didnt report to the soo,and was later traded to this team,and brought them a memorial cup.Somehow i dont think you were booing him for his actions.I guess its different because he brought oshawa a championship.Or he had a better excuse, because his mommy didnt want him to be so far away from home.

This person probably was still suckling his moms teet in 1989 and doesn't know what he's talking about. A BEER LEAGUER. Thats as far as you will probably go my friend. Wait till the facts come out until you dis-respect a player who has given nothing but his best for the past 3 years. If it turns out ownership made him leave, ok fine we can deal with it.

Last edited by UGENS on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no nonsense to name calling)
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:16 am

wannabe wrote:
archer_gens wrote:why defend him? my problem with him is that he has been with the team for the last month going to games, being in the stands.... he should have demanded a trade right off the bat.... i'm most upset because he's doing what Sundin did almost.... if he would have said a month ago trade me we could have moved on.... he tiptoed around the issue for way to long if he doesn't want to be here.

Not to mention using their resources for treatment etc. You want out so bad why hang around. Go home. OK that's it done with this and Mr. parnham. Hopefully it doesn't effect the team too,too bad. Shouldn't really, it's not like he's been a member since last season. Keep your chins up guys. We support the Gens no matter what. You're better off without him if that's the attitude he brings!!!

well do you think the Ottawa Senators are paying for his re-hab ? I don't think so. Its not like Parnham has signed a pro contract and can afford expensive therapy for his shoulder. He has every right to use their resources for treatment because he is still property of the team. They won't get near his value if he isn't healthy enought to be dealt.
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Brett Parnham  update - Page 2 Empty Brett Parnham's a good kid

Post by oshawanut Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:41 am

I need to jump in here, I was told by a very reliable source back in September that the Generals went to Brett Parnham and suggested they would trade him to a contender as they were not going to be. Would Brett be agreeable? Doing what was best for TEAM and himself he apparently said yes as it has been an open fact around the league they were shopping him. Coach/GM has been listening to offers ever since. If I were Brett Parnham, I would not want to be hanging around a team that just wants to use him to their benefit, but I guess he is Team player. Ask how many teams have stopped talking to the Generals? Similar to last year when they wouldn’t move Tavares until the deadline…almost blew that deal.

Anyone who has watched this kid play knows he never takes a shift off. He has been called the hardest working player in the league…that is why teams want him. Oshawa knows that. Doesn’t matter what some “uninformed” fans think. It sounds like the team blew this one and is trying to throw a kid under the bus. This situation was discussed openly in the Scouts lounge at a game yesterday. Funny, the fans who listen to the team are mad at a kid, but all of the people connected to the OHL were saying they couldn’t believe what the Generals were doing. I am told he is a great kid and has never given the Generals an ounce of trouble.
C'mon people let's think about it a little bit before we start bashing a good kid.
Oshawanut

oshawanut

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jentgensfan Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:18 am

Thank you Oshawanut....its about time someone posted something trying to see Parnham's side. He played hard for the Gens and put his heart into every game. He doesn't deserve all this abuse, especially when no one on here seems to have info from Brett's mouth directly! Its all gossip and not much fact. There has been talk of trading Brett for months, even last season. How does anyone know he is being a drama queen???

I am a big fan of Brett, since day one, and I wish him all the best where ever he may go! I for one will not boo him! (not very mature people) Thanks Brett!!! Best of Luck!!!
jentgensfan
jentgensfan

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:07 am

jentgensfan wrote:
I for one will not boo him! (not very mature people)

I for one will boo him because I'm not very mature Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jentgensfan Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:30 am

Obviously!
jentgensfan
jentgensfan

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:47 am

Thank you Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:41 pm

still gonna boo him, if he want to play for a contender fine with me but why not play in the meantime

unless i hear he was sent home he's the bad guy here in my mind
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:10 pm

Parnham and Dips got into it on Saturday during the practice, Dips packed Parnhams stall and said GET OUT

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:33 pm

this is coming from?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:01 pm

A BILLET

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:32 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:Parnham and Dips got into it on Saturday during the practice, Dips packed Parnhams stall and said GET OUT

I do believe that this information should be kept to yourslef......this information eventually will only lead to more and more questions among the fans and more negatively twords both sides. Look Parnham doesn't want to play in Oshawa anymore for whatever reason or the team wants to trade him for whatever reason so it should be left up to them to work it out. hopefully both will comeout with what they want.
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:43 pm

your right , what a mess in oshawa i will keep all I know to myself . Isnt it sad though the Generals website will no longer allow you to comment on anything written , and now the muzzling is starting here on this thread

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:56 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:your right , what a mess in oshawa i will keep all I know to myself . Isnt it sad though the Generals website will no longer allow you to comment on anything written , and now the muzzling is starting here on this thread

This from a person who joined yesterday. You obviously joined to tell your story, regardess if it is true or not. I have heard something totally different from you.
Have a nice day.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:03 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 No post in this thread has been muzzled just the use of bad language was edited. I know because I'm the one who edited it.

I think what was suggested to you by another fan was unless you saw what you stated as fact, it is hear say by a billet, who told you and you should have kept that to yourself.

All the other posts in this thread here have been a fans opinion not hear say!!

As long as the team has had an internet site I don't recall a spot where you could comment on the team, except if there was a poll put up, it has only been an information site.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:06 pm

OGF
I have no story to tell , I did not no this forum even existed until yesterday . I am glad you heard something different , I am only saying what was relayed to me. If what you heard is more positive please share

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:14 pm

UGENS
I apologize , but I do not beleive I have used foul language in any of my posts. I will keep my opionions to myself and watch the unravelling from afar

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:19 pm

No team in the OHL would allow fans to post negative comments about the team on their official website. For that matter, no private business would allow negative talk on their official website because the website is an advertising tool.

The rise of blogs and message boards has led some people to believe that they somehow have the right to comment on anything and everything. Team websites are for advertising the team, message boards are for discussing the team and I appreciate the role of moderators editing out the nonsense.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:38 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 you misread my post I never said you used bad language. I was trying to show you that the only thing done here on this thread, was I had to edit some language in some posts, there has been no muzzling of the threads!!!!

Opinions are fine, hear say gets you pounced on by the rest of the gens fans Smile

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:25 am

Sorry BOBBY ORR NUMBER4, I have heard something different than you, but I do not feel it is my place to 'share' what I have been told. If you want to state speculation, go for it, it is your choice.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next