Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coaching - hate to bring it up

+28
mygens
archer_gens
gogensgo
gmc 118
hockeybeats
Hayes#21
gogenniesgo
Gensfansec114
GENNY
Seventhman
ogf
Generalizations
runner
bigE88
jaycro
drifter
the croc
Oshawa fan
Lindy88
gensman
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
Gens_Fan_22
Kevy
southernfan
goalie gal
sdspencer
steamed
Gens Camper
32 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Coaching - hate to bring it up Empty Coaching - hate to bring it up

Post by Gens Camper Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Well 6 losing games and counting - with each loss DIPS must be sweating just a bit - no matter how close friends he is with ownership

Owners care about making money - I would to - miss the playoffs - 2 home dates totalling - 7 or 8,000 fans - big loss

Dips must find a way to get us back on track - wow what a streaky year - win 5 - lose 9 - all year

Last yr we finished with - 58 points (I think) - 11 points away - I would think it will be around that mark again

The coach must motivate and get the kids to over achieve - not happening

This is not down on the coach - it's reality check

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Coaching - hate to bring it up Empty Re: Coaching - hate to bring it up

Post by steamed Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:23 pm

It's funny everybody is quik to blame the coach when we are losing but not to much when we are winning a couple game in a row.This team has other issues than coaching.It's all I hear The coach must motivate the team how do you know he's not.I am sure he has done more than enough to motivate this team.it is what it is,if you want the coach fired now it's not the time to go looking,lets evaluate the coaching staff, scouts and players when the season ends.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by sdspencer Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:13 pm

steamed wrote:It's funny everybody is quik to blame the coach when we are losing but not to much when we are winning a couple game in a row.This team has other issues than coaching.It's all I hear The coach must motivate the team how do you know he's not.I am sure he has done more than enough to motivate this team.it is what it is,if you want the coach fired now it's not the time to go looking,lets evaluate the coaching staff, scouts and players when the season ends.

Funny about the coaching. This team is very inconsistent and the coaching will be to blame. The team is not responding and it shows tonight watching the game versus the Majors. The coach has to wonder with DeHaan gone what a huge blow it is to the team and there confidence. I believe the Generals have a huge question mark with the goaltending situation. Wow what a mess
sdspencer
sdspencer

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by goalie gal Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:27 pm

What is ownership going to do with these outstanding issues? Sometimes the best thing to do is not wait and see . That approach is getting old real fast.

goalie gal

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by southernfan Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:41 am

I believe the Generals have a huge question mark with the goaltending situation. Wow what a mess

Yep. They scored zero goals tonight. Clearly there is nothing wrong with the coaching or the rest of the team. Dang goaltenders!!!

southernfan

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:52 am

Hate to bring it up?

You people love to bring it up. it's all anyone talks about
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:03 am

The guys just didn't show up for tonights game. There was no one in front of the goaltenders except the opposing team.
Can't win games that way.
Sure the Coach has to take some blame but lets put the blame when it rightfully belongs...........on the entire team.
There is no way they will make the playoffs if they keep playing like they are. If that mean the Coach has to be fired for missing the playoffs two years in a row then so be it. Someone has to take responsibility for this team.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:13 am

sdspencer wrote:
steamed wrote:It's funny everybody is quik to blame the coach when we are losing but not to much when we are winning a couple game in a row.This team has other issues than coaching.It's all I hear The coach must motivate the team how do you know he's not.I am sure he has done more than enough to motivate this team.it is what it is,if you want the coach fired now it's not the time to go looking,lets evaluate the coaching staff, scouts and players when the season ends.

Funny about the coaching. This team is very inconsistent and the coaching will be to blame. The team is not responding and it shows tonight watching the game versus the Majors. The coach has to wonder with DeHaan gone what a huge blow it is to the team and there confidence. I believe the Generals have a huge question mark with the goaltending situation. Wow what a mess

I do agree with you about the goaltending but we also have 3 & 4 line players that are getting 1 & 2 ice time,
after Thomas and ok I'll say Booner too (I don't think he should be getting 1 line time as talented as he is and is the future)We can blame the goaltending(which is not concetant) (sp) but the score was 6-0 yesterday so were is the offence, you can't get that from 3 -4 line players.Hope the scouts did there homework for this comeing draft in May.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:28 am

They truly need to find a way to get Lesio and Biggs in a Gennies uniform .

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:04 pm

I sure 'don't hate to bring it up!' The lack of 'coaching' has been obvious to me and I have been mercilessly ridiculed for it! Besides the penchant for fairly dramatic blow outs and lengthy losing slides - this coach has yet to show that he can 'singlehandedly' win games or pull games out of the fire merely thru his 'expertise' (sic) or special contributions. Could somebody tell me why we continue to expect that to happen any time soon or why he is allowed to 'hang' around? I guess it's not what u know it's who .......

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:40 pm

gensman wrote:I sure 'don't hate to bring it up!' The lack of 'coaching' has been obvious to me and I have been mercilessly ridiculed for it! Besides the penchant for fairly dramatic blow outs and lengthy losing slides - this coach has yet to show that he can 'singlehandedly' win games or pull games out of the fire merely thru his 'expertise' (sic) or special contributions. Could somebody tell me why we continue to expect that to happen any time soon or why he is allowed to 'hang' around? I guess it's not what u know it's who .......

Hey gensman but that's all you post Laughing Laughing Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:18 pm

Coach HAS to go! Sorry man, I brought it up. BTW, anything wrong with bringing up Coop to play in goal just to shake things up. When he was brought up last time he was a spectacular in that shootout win against the Petes. Sometimes a team can rally around a hot goaltender!
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:21 pm

Cooper was released. Goaltending sure is the problem but not only problem, WE CAN'T SCORE Wink
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:22 pm

The lack of talent is the Gens biggest problem. There are 4 players who would play on the top two lines on a good team.

The goaltending has not been at all consistent. If you have a team that lacks talent and average or poor goaltending you will not be successful.

I'm not sure the best coach in the league would do much better with this team.

I don't think there is a coach who can singlehandedly win games. I really would like to be told who that coach is that can do so. I can't think of any.

Talent is the first key to success. Consistent goaltending is the second. Coaching comes in third.

Last edited by Oshawa fan on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:44 pm

I do beleive the assiatants are responsible for the systems to be carried out on the ice , If Dips goes , They all have to go

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:11 pm

I agree with BOBBT ORR NUMBER 4.
All the Coaches have to go and the sooner the better!!!!!
Maybe the guys would rally behind a different coach behind the bench but the question is who?? Something has to be done if they want to make the playoffs.............or if they don't higher draft choices come our way. The owners need to decide if they want one round of playoffs for the extra revenue or higher draft choices.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:32 pm

2010-2011.... at this point we have inconsistent goaltending(agreed)...We have forwards who don'y get back to help( Kitchener broadcast crew) We have as many 16 year olds playing as anyone in the league(cut them some slack)...On next years team I WOULD BRING BACK dehart, berger, valentine,dehaan, labardo, thomas... and all of you want to get rid of the coaching staff( only one out there unemployed is Ted Nolan that has proven himself at this level. So we have 10 players on my team next year. Do you see an improvement?

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:52 pm

I will see improvement if you replace the likes of Esposto, Padulo, Brown, Pachios,Stokes etc.
You would not like to see Jenner back??????

And we need a NUMBER 1 goalie .

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:17 pm

steamed wrote:Cooper was released. Goaltending sure is the problem but not only problem, WE CAN'T SCORE Wink

When did this happened steamed? The kid never got a fair shot IMO!
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:02 pm

I for one think the coaching is very questionable. The goal tending a big problem. But most of all I was disappointed we never did any trades at deadline. In the meet and greet the anwser was teams wanted to much. So we stood pat. You don't get experince for nothing. Well big mistake. We should have gotten goaltending. Plus at least 1 forward to put the puck in the net.Now we wait until next year. How long do we wait? Another 2 to 3 years?? To little to late. Lets hope for a great draft. I agree with lindy. We should give Coop a chance. If we stll have the rights to Coop. Call him up.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:32 pm

Coop is out of the picture! Let it go!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:59 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:They truly need to find a way to get Lesio and Biggs in a Gennies uniform .

Enter Adam Graves
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:08 pm

It's probably going to come down to the last game of the season again for Dips if Gens are to make the playoffs.

1 x Barrie Colts 54 45 7 0 2 92
2 Ottawa 67's 55 28 20 4 3 63
3 x Mississauga Majors 54 36 13 4 1 77
4 Kingston Frontenacs 54 26 24 1 3 56
5 Peterborough Petes 55 25 27 1 2 53
6 Brampton Battalion 54 19 23 7 5 50
7 Sudbury Wolves 54 21 28 2 3 47
8 Oshawa Generals 55 21 29 3 2 47
9 Niagara IceDogs 55 19 29 2 5 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:09 pm

drifter wrote: But most of all I was disappointed we never did any trades at deadline. In the meet and greet the anwser was teams wanted to much. So we stood pat.

I wonder who you think they should have traded. Likely other teams would be interested in De Haan, Valentine, Thomas, Jenner and maybe Dehart. Dehart would be a good OA choice next year. The other 4 are the future of the team.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:23 pm

Dear BOBBY ORR NUMBER4....Jenner is 16 and I want all the 16 year olds back. Regards, the old croc.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next