Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it just me or will this team a victim of lousy coaching?

+4
Oshawa fan
mcintyre
steamed
Rocking Roy
8 posters

Go down

Is it just me or will this team a victim of lousy coaching? Empty Is it just me or will this team a victim of lousy coaching?

Post by Rocking Roy Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:09 am

How many games must the generals loose in the 3rd period before the GM realizes that the "short bench" ie 5 forwards and 3 D are dead from fatigue in the third period?

Wonder what the 3rd period GAA is to date?

Think ahead, what will happen when Lessio, Biggs, Laughton and Jenner all run off to: WJC duty or to NHL camps?

Short sight for near term gain will not win in the playoffs either?

Smith is padding his resume nothing else!

Rocking Roy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-11-28

Back to top Go down

Is it just me or will this team a victim of lousy coaching? Empty Re: Is it just me or will this team a victim of lousy coaching?

Post by steamed Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:19 am

Rocking Roy wrote:How many games must the generals loose in the 3rd period before the GM realizes that the "short bench" ie 5 forwards and 3 D are dead from fatigue in the third period?

Wonder what the 3rd period GAA is to date?

Think ahead, what will happen when Lessio, Biggs, Laughton and Jenner all run off to: WJC duty or to NHL camps?

Short sight for near term gain will not win in the playoffs either?

Smith is padding his resume nothing else!

It's just you,DJ & coaching staff are doing a fine job,you must of not watched the coaching staff last year on last years team.
to answer that ? alot of other teams will also be losing players to WJC and as for NHL camp keep dreaming but to answer it with it going to be a short camp (if they do come back)and teams are not going to experement with rookies they will be going will a vetern camp.and if DJ is padding his resume good for him because just like players his goal is to coach in the big league.
and other teams also other OHL teams do the same practice when they have work horses like Jenner,Biggs & Lessio, just enjoy this season as Lessio, Biggs,Petgrave and Jenner won't be around next year.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Is it just me or will this team a victim of lousy coaching? Empty Re: Is it just me or will this team a victim of lousy coaching?

Post by mcintyre Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 am

D.J. (on paper) is doing a good job as his win/loss record is solid considering the injuries we have seen this year. That being said, coaches who move up to the pros are ones that show they can develop younger and even role players. This is where DJ is a bust so far. He appears to have no confidence in his role players and limits their ice time even when we have games under total control. I totally agree that we need to go for it this year..but we also to at least have a plan for next year when we go into a major re-build. The role guys need some ice in certain situations as they will be asked to play a bigger role next year.

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:53 am

I think it is just you. Smith is running his horses out there again and again. Would it be better if he had more quality to put on the ice. Sure but he is doing the best with what he has especially given the injuries.

If Smith could be criticized it might be for his constant yapping at the officials which has set an example for his players who do the same. I don't think that helps the penalty totals get any lower and more likely it turns it in the other direction. This is a minor matter in my view but it is a fan's prerogative to complain about coaching.

I would say Smith has done a very good job this year and he is running up as many points as he can so there is not a desperate rush at the end of the season.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by generals2012 Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:07 am

This team will be very short handed for approx an 8 game stretch, we need to win as many games as possible before the players leave for WJC. We have the potential of losing approx 6 of your best players, what teams can compete with those numbers?
These kids are in the best shape of their lives, if they can't play 20-25 min a game then they are not in shape.

generals2012

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:46 am

Im sorry but im not sure what you think but Lessio is not NHL ready,the others said yes they are but Lessio is NOT NHL ready!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:34 pm

The Gens are in first place this morning. What more do you want with suspensions and injuries. Kingston(where presently reside) is not a top team, at least this year. I look forward to seeing the Generals this Friday November 30th in Kingston with my grandkids. I will always be a Generals fan but I like where Dougie and Todd Gill are going with the Frontenacs. Hope to meet up with some of the Gens fans at the K-ROCK . Go Gens Go, Bill Jeffs.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:20 pm

If you think the Gens are getting lousy coaching, where have you been the last six years? You must have missed the Selwood era and the DiPiero days. It's true, that Smith does overuse and overwork his horses but with the injuries (as mentioned above) it's almost necessary. Besides, players like Urbanic, Latour and Hore are still getting a reasonable amount of ice time. What I would like to see is our last year lesser lights (not to mention names) moved and replaced with younger '95's and '96's to provide experience for next year's rebuild.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:23 pm

[quote="the croc"]The Gens are in first place this morning. What more do you want with suspensions and injuries..[/q

But they won't be for long (infact they aren't today). Belleville has two games in hand and have some pretty easy competition coming up. Kingston has 3 games in hand, pts from lower teams can be made up very easily. The generals went from 2 to 5th in 24hrs, with Brampton and Kingston right on their heels. Where they are going to end up in the standings this year is anyone's guess. Because of the weakness of the east divison this year, the 2nd seed is up for anyones grab. They need to work their butts off this next month to keep a competitive edge in the conference, especially with the the injuries and guys leaving for different camps/tournaments.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:07 pm

the only thing we can hope for now is with belleville losing both Austen Brassard for 4 games & Jake Cardwell for 2 games for actions in last nights game Vs Niagara IceDogs that maybe the bulls can lose a game or too,then they will lose subban for the canadian camp and most likelly he will stick. Maybe its just me but the bulls without malcom in net would be like us without jenner.They will lose a few games here and there and hopfully with the weak east division we can hang around a while where we are.It all depends on who sticks and who comes back.

P.S - Whats with the bulls only fighting near thier own bench, cant they fight on thier own, one day its gonna come back and bitem in the a$$

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down