Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted Nolan is interested in coaching the Petes

+2
UGENS
ogf
6 posters

Go down

Ted Nolan is interested in coaching the Petes Empty Ted Nolan is interested in coaching the Petes

Post by ogf Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Ted Nolan is interested in coaching the Petes. I wonder if Oshawa should give him a call? Here is the story http://www.peterboroughexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2528186

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Ted Nolan is interested in coaching the Petes Empty Re: Ted Nolan is interested in coaching the Petes

Post by UGENS Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Not sure that the Petes would pony up the kind of money Ted would be looking for to be GM/Coach there . I sure as heck hope they don't, we hates the petes bad enough now, with out Ted's help lol.
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Ted Nolan is interested in coaching the Petes Empty Re: Ted Nolan is interested in coaching the Petes

Post by jaycro Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:48 pm

Would we?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 pm

T. Nolan has the rare quality in a leader and coach who can actually improve both the individual player(s) and overall team results while maintaining full respect and admiration of the players. He wins
(championships) where ever he goes and at any level. If I was the Petes I'd open the vault for him in a blink - one of the few who I'd give full control!
Good thing we got our guy all signed up tho!?

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:23 pm

gee , i've been hoping the gens would sign ted nolan for years , gensman is right , he is a pure motivator /winner , the gens have had several opportunities over the years to get him , but never do , i guess they dont want to spend the money , its not like they cant afford it , the gen motors centre has over 4000 most nights , and when we win , over 5000 .
if the petes sign him its going to be trouble for us for sure , man this is getting depressing !!!! really depressing , we havent competed for the title since 1997 !
look at the quick rebuild /turn around kitchener has made , and what are we doing !!!! I renewed for this year , my 29 th , but if i dont see a marked improvement in 2010/2011, i'm going to take some time off , come back when they are serious about winning !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:34 pm

It's say's Nolan is intersted,but haven't been asked by the Pete's and Ted not even on the list acording to there papers,He would come at a cost which I don't think they can afford from a small market team.
I would be very surprised Shocked if he is hired by the Pete's,look for a alummi or some one that's in the orginization already to fill that spot(s).
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:22 pm

Any 'good' difference making coach will cost $$$. U definitely get what u pay for. I spoke with the owners of Moncton who said he is an incredible individual and his players were more than willing to go through walls for him. They begged him to stay. I don't think the Pete's are worried about making a big change and/or commitment. Just making the playoffs was obviously not enough. Most top clubs conduct themselves in a similar fashion. If the Petes 'pull the trigger' the balance of the East will definitely have their hands full!

Last edited by gensman on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Your right ,and Nolan would be a good fit anywhere,I'm just saying the Pete's don't have the money to offer as there in a small market and are community run,Kitchener are also community run but are in a much bigger market so they can afford to pay more for the teams need.and Like I said very very surprised Shocked if Peterbrough signs him.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:10 am

whats wrong with our organization ??? best building in the ohl , great history , yet we have been muddling in mediocrity for 13 yrs now , with bad management , poor scouting and poor coaching , i guess it all comes down to the quality and agenda of ownership doesnt it ??

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down