Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coaching - hate to bring it up

+28
mygens
archer_gens
gogensgo
gmc 118
hockeybeats
Hayes#21
gogenniesgo
Gensfansec114
GENNY
Seventhman
ogf
Generalizations
runner
bigE88
jaycro
drifter
the croc
Oshawa fan
Lindy88
gensman
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
Gens_Fan_22
Kevy
southernfan
goalie gal
sdspencer
steamed
Gens Camper
32 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Coaching - hate to bring it up - Page 2 Empty Re: Coaching - hate to bring it up

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:59 pm

the croc wrote:Dear BOBBY ORR NUMBER4....Jenner is 16 and I want all the 16 year olds back. Regards, the old croc.

Thanks for clarification

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Coaching - hate to bring it up - Page 2 Empty Re: Coaching - hate to bring it up

Post by drifter Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:59 am

Oshaw fan. like I said Bellville and Peterboro both got a player with a 15th round draft choice. What was our problem? Instead we get Taylor and cost the team $1000.00 for 3 months. Good p/u. Who did we give up?? Limbardi. Got for a late round draft pick. Trade a goalie and a couple of 3rd round draft picks for a first string goalie. oh wait we had Parnham we could have traded. What did we get? Nothing. I'm sure with a little digging. We could have worked something out. Just my opinion. Get someone or something to spark the boys. They are to hot and cold.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:55 am

The guy Peterborough picked up has one goal and is a 91 defenseman. The Gens are better off playing the 16 year olds.

Belleville got a goalie no one else wanted to replace a first string goalie they traded.

One of the Gens goalies and a couple of 3rd round picks for a first string goalie. Who makes that trade. I don't think bringing in a 1990 goaltender would have made sense for the Gens.

As to Parnham i agree they should have got something for him. As I understand there was a deal in place but Parnham balked but I thought we were talking about the trade deadline anyway.

I agree with you about Taylor but I am not going to complain about $1000 as it did not take away anything. I guess the only argument for was at the time they had defense playing up due to injuries.

You cannot make trades unless you have assets. The cupboard was bare due to poor drafts and previous trades.

The Gens did add Alcock and Lombardo. They have not shown a whole lot. One might have hoped a change of scenery and more ice time would help but apparently not.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sdspencer Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:25 am

drifter wrote:I for one think the coaching is very questionable. The goal tending a big problem. But most of all I was disappointed we never did any trades at deadline. In the meet and greet the anwser was teams wanted to much. So we stood pat. You don't get experince for nothing. Well big mistake. We should have gotten goaltending. Plus at least 1 forward to put the puck in the net.Now we wait until next year. How long do we wait? Another 2 to 3 years?? To little to late. Lets hope for a great draft. I agree with lindy. We should give Coop a chance. If we stll have the rights to Coop. Call him up.
If the Generals could of used there last OA spot on a goalie we might have been in a better situation (standings). I believe that are OA spots have been poorly used. Taylor is a gamer, but why bring him in. He doesn't bring much more than scrappiness. But the coaching will be blamed and since the schedule doesn't play in our favour, the Generals are in trouble.
sdspencer
sdspencer

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:31 pm

Oshawa fan wrote:

The Gens did add Alcock and Lombardo. They have not shown a whole lot. One might have hoped a change of scenery and more ice time would help but apparently not.

Lombaro has shown some sprk. alcock I agree does not show he wants to play. But most of his team mates unfortunitly show the same as he does. You will note I said MOST of his team mates. Not all. Hell most of the time the team stands and waits for the puck instead of getting in there and fighting for it. Or laying a good body check to try and knock the opposing team off the puck. Some games man you say to yourself. Boy where has this team come from. With all the spark and hits. But you just don't know what team is going to show up. So Oshawa fan. Do you have any ideas how to spark the lads on. If so PLEASE do tell. I am at a loss. BUT WIN OR LOSE I STILL SUPPORT THE BOYS.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:28 pm

It starts with leadership , commitment and drive . I have not seen any consistency in these qualities

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Coaching - hate to bring it up - Page 2 Empty parnham

Post by runner Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:42 pm

it is obvious to me that Parnham did not want to play in the OHL this year ( and good for him). That being the case what could the Gens have gotten for him??

More importantly, how could the GM trade a player he knows isn't going to play and get anything of substance for him ?????

runner

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:48 pm

I'm getting really discouraged at how the coaches hold themselves during a game. They hold their heads down just like three blind mice Sleep

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by sdspencer Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:16 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:It starts with leadership , commitment and drive . I have not seen any consistency in these qualities
The problem I have noticed as well is there is no fighting spirit on this team. No one will be the player to make the difference, no drive, what a shame. And it all starts with the coaching staff, no emotions, just stand around stone faced with there heads down. Great time of year for everyone to give up and looking ahead to the summer. If any player cares and wants to play here next year, maybe try and be the leader of the team and be the spark this team desperately needs.
sdspencer
sdspencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:37 am

Jeff Hayes has always worked hard every game, but he's not much of a fighter though Sad

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:01 am

The Gen's are so way over due to have a professional and elite coaching staff and executive in place it ain't ever funny!

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:40 am

I think a loss today will solidify Dips and crew's dimissal

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by sdspencer Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:16 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:I think a loss today will solidify Dips and crew's dimissal
The team better win today as you say, there maybe no tomorrow for the coaching staff. They had a playoff spot before Thursday nights game and are now in a position to be on the outside looking in.
sdspencer
sdspencer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Big game.........win or don't make the playoffs as the rest of our schedule doesn't look good.
I agree with BOBBUY ORR NUMBER4...lose today and goodbye coaching staff.
Don't let the door slap your ass on the way out.........then again..........

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:29 pm

It sure looks like the BOYS have quit on the coach

Yesterday we had spurts of energy , we had one man efforts ,

blind passes , no breakout plays - Brown turns it on after he got

hit - poor Baille has a good game - guys in front didn't

Very frustrating to watch - The coach needs to show replays of

the last win 2 - 1 vs the Soo total team effort

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:13 pm

Yeah we had a little more jump on Sundays game,me thinks sitting Taylor was a great idea hopefully Gens do what the Bulls did release him,I heard the past couple games @ the rink that he causes a lot of trouble in the dressing room,I did not like them retaining his serves,but at the time we needed some one who has OHL experiance and I agreed @ the time but now I kinda called up a younger player that could learn for the future.
I'm the last one to say this because I don't like saying this there is no emotion for the coaching staff, compared to other teams coaches, But I say if you are going to let the coach and his staff go hopefully they do it at the end of the season and evaluate then when all the ownership can sit down and evlauate what direction they want to do,we been though too many coaches in the 5-6 yrs.We now have the right hockey people in place to hire the right people.From what I see now that Dips lost the bench which it was different from September to December.I personally don't want to make the playoffs because we are not upsetting Barrie or Missisauga.
by not making the palyoffs get a better draft pick.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:51 pm

The problem I see is that Sudbury has quit on their coach and there is going to be race as to who will finish 9 for that 3 or 4 pick

Friday game will tell alot

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:13 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:The problem I see is that Sudbury has quit on their coach and there is going to be race as to who will finish 9 for that 3 or 4 pick

Friday game will tell alot

I concur. It's a shame too. Foligno was a good player.

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 pm

It is really interesting and quite funny how many of the posters who are calling for the coaches head are the same ones who said to give him another year a couple of months ago.

Does that make the ones calling for the coaches head before the smart ones? Maybe if we win a couple you will all change your mind again and even maybe want to extend his contract.

LMAO

Have fun fans, and try not to hurt yourself too much falling off and on the band wagon LOL

Go Gens Go!!!

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:50 am

ogf wrote:
Have fun fans, and try not to hurt yourself too much falling off and on the band wagon LOL
Go Gens Go!!!

You should take your blinders off Laughing it's not that fans are falling off the banwagon it's fan's seeing how it is,The Gen's are not a very good team, they competed very hard the first have out shot mostly all teams the first half of the season, but the second half can barely make 2 shots a period. it's not we fans falling of the band wagon it is what it is a not very good team, on most nights can't get good goaltending,scoring or defence. Sad
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:23 pm

No blinders here 'steamed'. Teams get better as the year goes on. The Gens haven't, others have. The Gens may have outshot other teams earlier in the season, but the shots were mostly from the outside. This team has not really gone to the net all year. This team plays like there are no systems MOST nights. I would keep going, but I would only be stating the obvious that everybody now seems to agree with. My post was just to state that things in Gens land really haven't changed. Some fans had enough of it a few months ago, and now it seems there are alot more not willing to give the coaching staff another year or so like they were.

Cheers!!

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:27 pm

steamed wrote:Yeah we had a little more jump on Sundays game,me thinks sitting Taylor was a great idea hopefully Gens do what the Bulls did release him.

Agreed. If the choice is play Clark or play Taylor, I'll take Clark any day of the week.

I'm off to Barrie tomorrow night. Agreed to go with my usual group of travelling buddies about a month and a half ago. Must admit that I am not looking forward to travelling all that way to see us get shelled 8-0. Hopefully the Generals step up and have a good game against one of the top teams in the country.
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventhman Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:47 pm

it is obvious to me that Parnham did not want to play in the OHL this year ( and good for him). That being the case what could the Gens have gotten for him??

More importantly, how could the GM trade a player he knows isn't going to play and get anything of substance for him ?????

I thought Parnham had been saying he wanted to be traded to a contender??? If that wasn't happening maybe that it why he left.

Seventhman

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:47 pm

We have the second youngest team in the league. We can't afford to buy out Dips and hire a new coach. It's gonna take a few years to grow this team. The future is ours. The present belongs to someone else(I'm thinking Barrie,Windsor or Mississauga). In the future when Dips contract is up we get a new coach. The boys will be mature and their experience will take them to new heights and Shea Cooper will be our #1 goaltender.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:08 pm

I have seen repeatedly that Shea Cooper is gone. Add that to team people that are at Bowmanville who indicated that Shea wasn't the answer in Bowmanville, never mind Oshawa.Not a putdown. Only Shea and his family know what happened.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next