Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens 2009 2010

+8
ogf
mygens
Peter_Puck
the croc
jaycro
drifter
gensman
Popbottle
12 posters

Go down

Gens 2009 2010 Empty Gens 2009 2010

Post by Popbottle Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:01 am

I thought I would start a new post.
After watching the last 2 games I cannot help but think that we are experiencing a complete breakdown of our "team effort"
I am most concerned about our senior players who in my mind are not contributing according to their skill level.
While the goal tending has not been consistent I cannot understand why and in the case of the defense we don't establish regular defense partners and or adjust some of the pairings until we get a winning combination. While we have lost de Haan, we still played well earlier on in the season without him, but now it looks like some of the defense members are just "going through the motions".
We seem to lack a consistent system to break out of our own end and lack a total team effort on offense in the offensive zone.
I have said from the start we have some good players and while we have had some serious injury problems, de Haan and Berger, our boys still must give their best effort every shift every period in every game.
Come on Gens show everyone you can get this done!!!
Sincerely Very Happy

Popbottle

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Gens 2009 2010 Empty Re: Gens 2009 2010

Post by gensman Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:12 pm

It looks like the coach has lost the dressing room and the attention of his charge. He has been here for quite a while and I have yet to see any major contributions to the cause! The next few drafts will be huge and the ownership/management is taking a huge chance maintaining the status quo!

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Questions that someone on here might be able to anwser. Why does Dips keep changeing the lines every game. I have seen a few lines gel together only to see it gone the next game. You can't get to know where your line mates are until you get to know where they are and how they think. This combined with the same lines should help the players know or have a good idea where to throw the puck. Where is the power play this year? The worst Ive seen it in years. We have had at least 2 chances of 5 on 3 in the last 2 games.With no goals. Last night in Missy. They got no shoots on net even on a 5 on 3 in the first period. Outshot 18 to 7 first period. 2nd period. No shoots on net until the 12 minute mark. 4 power plays after the 5 on 3 with nothing in the net. You can't miss these opportinities. Where is the defence? Cost us 2 goals last night. What or how can we right these 3 problems??? I guess this is 3 questions. Thanks for letting me vent. I still suppot the lads and the team win or lose. Just frustraded and concerned with the direction the lads are going. On an up note. LETS GO YOU GENNIES. End of my rant.

drifter
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:29 pm

Good questions, drifter. Wish there were some good answers. I have been a supporter of DePiero since he came but am beginning to have some doubts!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:01 pm

You have obviously fogotten the late great George Burnett. OK he did have winners in Belleville. You never knew which line you'd be on with george.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Gens 2009 2010 Empty Before WJC and After

Post by Peter_Puck Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:08 pm

We were a team that could compete in every game even if that meant losing by one goal but outshooting the opponent. Obviously something has changed, and it is not just injuries the most notable change came from when it was clear that Parnham was not returning. This fact may have rubbed off the other players in losing hope perhaps. We are not showing signs of improvement just the oppposite. de Haan is again one player not a team and he would not be winning every game for us otherwise he would be playing forward. There is definetly something going on with the coaching staff, rarily have I seen them speak to a players on the bench. Young team yes, but some of the overagers have terrible +/- exceed -20. It is not going to be corrected by management until after the season. affraid

Last edited by Peter_Puck on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:57 am

This is the time of the year than even an 'under skilled' team should be peaking for a determined playoff run - the real season. It is a very bad sign to see a squad flounder, get regularily blown out,go on losing skids, or generally fall apart after a long haul. The combined efforts of the coaching staff over the regular season should be culminating in a team that can't wait to get on the ice, be champing at the bit, and compete hard on every shift! If this is not the case - make ALL the CHANGES necessary until u get it right!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:41 pm

two possibilities the way i see it , dipiero has got wind that he is going to be sacked , so he has given up working with the players and doesnt care !!!! second and more likely ( going to give dipiero the benefit of the doubt that he has more integrity than that) owner /management realize there is absolutely no point in trying to win games at this point , next years draft position is much more important !!!!! a position i agree 100% with !!!! losing at this point guys is the way to go trust me, drafting overall inthe # 2 spot will be huge for the team going forward . the organization realizes they are in a great position , they dont have to win games this year to sell tickets , 4400 people at last nights game !!! So keep up with the plan oshawa generals !!!! i'm lovin it ! let belleville charge past us , and with a little luck sarnia will have an easier schedule than the gens the rest of the way and we land the first overall pick next year !!!! i can dream cant i !!!!!!!

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:48 pm

We need help from Both Belleville and Sarnia to obtain the #1 selection. I'm sure Belleville will try to pass us but I doubt Sarnia can..too far back. We'll have to settle for 2 or 3!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:14 pm

mygens wrote:two possibilities the way i see it , dipiero has got wind that he is going to be sacked , so he has given up working with the players and doesnt care !!!! second and more likely ( going to give dipiero the benefit of the doubt that he has more integrity than that) owner /management realize there is absolutely no point in trying to win games at this point , next years draft position is much more important !!!!! a position i agree 100% with !!!! losing at this point guys is the way to go trust me, drafting overall inthe # 2 spot will be huge for the team going forward . the organization realizes they are in a great position , they dont have to win games this year to sell tickets , 4400 people at last nights game !!! So keep up with the plan oshawa generals !!!! i'm lovin it ! let belleville charge past us , and with a little luck sarnia will have an easier schedule than the gens the rest of the way and we land the first overall pick next year !!!! i can dream cant i !!!!!!!

If indeed that is the plan, I wish the OHL would go to a lottery for the first 6 or 8 picks. I have no respect for organizations that tank to get a better draft choice. Teams should be giving it their all the entire season. The Gens should be playing hard right now for a playoff spot and also for a spot on the team next year.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:42 am

how exactly do you get players to buy into a "lets tank" policy? there are some players that have draft status to consider and others for whom this is the end of the line...........does anybody truly think this is how they want to spend their last year of competitive hockey?

i can only imagine that anybody who have suggested that are being sarcastic.......is anybody really that bloody stupid?
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:36 am

Will players who want to win buy into a tank strategy? will coaches or GM's who love the game use this strategy? No i don't think so, that said do players give up? yes they are just kids and some people see a lost cause when they see one, and some can't put the effort in when it goes to the way side.... Dips is probably toast, more then half the team probably won't return (and they all know it)..... this team will be rebuiding again next year, and we won't have room for all are vets
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:24 am

archer_gens wrote:Will players who want to win buy into a tank strategy? will coaches or GM's who love the game use this strategy? No i don't think so, that said do players give up? yes they are just kids and some people see a lost cause when they see one, and some can't put the effort in when it goes to the way side.... Dips is probably toast, more then half the team probably won't return (and they all know it)..... this team will be rebuiding again next year, and we won't have room for all are vets

It is a strategy never spoke about, however often executed in the sub concious. You are right about the non returning players. The fighting in practice for jobs has disappeared. They cant wait to pack their bags and get the hell out of here . I am sure many fans and billets feel the same .
My decision on forking $1600 will be made once I see a) full on ice managment change,b) they sign a bonafide number1 goaltender,c) 2 big defensive minded D ,and finally 3 big puck moving forwards who can skate , hit and score . Sick of being the joke of the ohl , to many bonafide superstars have played for this team . I am sure once again at this years golf tourney , I will have to explain to the alumni I hook up with : What is wrong with the Gennies :
What do I tell him 'They just suck or something more substantial" Time will tell
Ps I hope I get the new coach

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:21 am

These are sentiments felt by many! Prime $$$ demands should beget prime performance and prime coaching/instruction! If fans 'jump' they will be very difficult to replace! This is a very serious time for the organization. Serious decisions need to be made. No more cozy corners ... buddy buddy deals!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:42 am

Ownership has to look at this very seriously. Can they afford to lose season ticket holders????? I know the diehards will stay, but I have heard other people comment that they will not be renewing their seasons ticket for next year.
That is too bad because with ALL of the right systems and talent in place, this club can only get better..............until then another season like this one and last year.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:34 pm

It has become an expensive proposition all the way from the bus drivers to the season ticket holders. These franchises have to be managed and coached on a professional basis with top personel in order to survive! Playoff $$$ is critical for ALL franchises and especially the satisfaction of those who 'pay' in order to make it all happen! Sit on your thumbs at your peril!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down