Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oshawa vs. Brampton, Mon. Feb 15th, 2010

+10
Popbottle
bigE88
Gens Fan 112
jaycro
hockeybeats
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
Gens_Fan_22
David T
archer_gens
Generalizations
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Oshawa vs. Brampton, Mon. Feb 15th, 2010 Empty Oshawa vs. Brampton, Mon. Feb 15th, 2010

Post by Generalizations Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:34 am

Okay guys, I hope this game doesn't eliminate us from the playoffs. We have had good luck on these holiday matinee games, Let's get more points from the Battalion. I hope Brampton is tired from beating up on Peterborough the day before.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Oshawa vs. Brampton, Mon. Feb 15th, 2010 Empty Re: Oshawa vs. Brampton, Mon. Feb 15th, 2010

Post by archer_gens Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:52 am

Peterborough beats up on us..... Brampton beats up on Peterborough....

7 game losing streak.....

I really hope we get a win, cause i'm really losing faith in Dips and some of the players
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Oshawa vs. Brampton, Mon. Feb 15th, 2010 Empty Re: Oshawa vs. Brampton, Mon. Feb 15th, 2010

Post by David T Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:48 am

Family Day... we purchased 4 extra tickets for the family. Our kids bring 2 friends with them. Good way to spend family day. Better with a win.

Ps Hope the Generals honour Bilodeau's victory.

Last edited by David T on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

David T

Number of posts : 29
Seat Section : 118 ROW 1
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:13 pm

I believe this is either make it or break it day not only for the players (playoff spot) but for the coaching staff as well (getting their asses fired).

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:47 pm

FIRE THEM

lol

well not really I'd like to give Dips another year as GM, see what he could do if he just focused there, seems to me he's a pretty good gm, even when he can't devote time to it
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:05 pm

archer_gens wrote:FIRE THEM

lol

well not really I'd like to give Dips another year as GM, see what he could do if he just focused there, seems to me he's a pretty good gm, even when he can't devote time to it

I agree , a better effort at times against a weak opponenet.
Rocco , PULL THE TRIGGER and give a fan a chance behind the bench for the remainder of the season LOL what do you have to lose
Once again every time Brampton scored , no fire at the bench , just hanging heads from the coaches

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:34 pm

I said two weeks ago (six games ago) The Gens needed to win 6 of 18 games to make the playoffs. I really believed the gens could play .300 hockey, so I figured we were a lock.

Now the Gens have thrown away 6 games and come away with nothing. We now need to win 6 of 12. (assuming that you need the same number of points as the last few years.

The Gens are not a .500 team

Falling to 9th does however lock the 3rd overall pick in the draft.

Games Remaining
Belleville x 2
Kingston x 3
Peterborough x 2

Assuming these are the only winable games we have to win 6 of the 7 above. Any loss in any of these games means we have to beat one of the top 4 teams down the stretch

Ottawa x 1
Barrie x 2
Missisauga x 1
Kitchener x 1

Hello 3rd overall Pick!
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:35 pm

does anyone know anything about the top 4 or 5 picks in this years OHL draft?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:13 pm

We were outplayed by Brampton, but Bailie played well in net. Looks good on him. As for the standings, at least Sudbury lost too.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:15 pm

archer_gens wrote:

The Gens are not a .500 team

Falling to 9th does however lock the 3rd overall pick in the draft.

With Berger and DeHaan, they are a .500 team. Subtract those two and clearly, they are not a .500 team. This was a much better effort than the previous few games but they just don't have the firepower. Unless Bailie and Zador play outstanding and give up two or less, the Generals will lose 90% of the time with the lineup they have (yes, regardless of who is coaching). That's the big difference between today and recent outings ... rather than get demoralized because they quickly gave up a couple of goals, they were energized by the crowd and some great saves from Bailie.

That being said, they simply have a hard time scoring goals. Opposition teams know that if you shut down Thomas, you shut down the team. You can give the rest of the team chances, they won't convert very often. Jenner has done alright but he's still too young to be considered a true scoring threat. After that, Hayes has 19 goals based on lots of ice time. He's a solid third-line player on most teams who would contribute 10-15 goals, he'll get 20 based on getting top line minutes. Andreoff has been a disappointment despite a better game today and the rest of the forward unit simply lacks any scoring touch.

Ask yourself seriously, is there any Generals forward this year not named Thomas that you really expected to score more than 20-25 goals? I'm not saying that they are bad players, they just aren't top line scorers. They are role players getting top line minutes.

That being said, the core of this team is young and there is promise up and coming and while it is always disappointing to miss the playoffs, a top 3 pick in the draft could produce another up and coming star player. I don't know the available players to choose from well enough to say whether there would be that big a difference between picking 3rd or 6th, I'll leave that to those that are more informed.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:28 pm

I am not all that knowledgeable about hockey strategy etc., but this team doesn't seem to have a clue what to to do in the offensive end (other than cycle the puck in the corners). They don't shoot when they are open: they do shoot at inopportune times when a player or stick is bound to deflect their shot awy from the net and when the puck is in front of the other team's net , they just bang away rather than draw it back an move it to a more advantageous angle. On a three on one today I think Killeen knew where the pass was going before the Gen receiving it did (telegraphed somehow to the goalie)..the obvious pass, the easiest pass?? Seldom is there sustained pressure, especially on the power play. Defensively, they allow players to walk out from the corners or from behind the net and wave their sticks at the opposition rather than lay on the the body. Now all teams have these tendencies but the Gens seem to exhibit these things with amazing regularity. But worst of all is clearing the zone. Time and time again they have opportunites to do so,fail to and start running around waving their sticks and end up out of position and inevitably, the other teams score. It's almost predictable as even I can see a goal shaping up 5-10 seconds prior to it entering the net. It's like panic sets in! This is not a good hockey club, as we all know. It needs to be blown up and re-built. We should be good in three years...I hope! End of rant! P.S. I totally agree with hockeybeats' comments above!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:37 pm

No blow up, just some much needed surgery, remove a few things, continue the rebuild around the youth core we have now.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:40 pm

I was very frustrated with the 2 too many men calls in the first 10 minutes of the game........both cut into Gens powerplays. Very sloppy.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:57 pm

I really feel that Bailie played a good game today.
Tony DeHart did not have his best game at all.
Our defence would shoot the puck along the boards and the wingers just couldn't get it out of our own end.
Yes they played with more passion today as it was an amazing crowd, but it just didn't come together.
Still think we are not playoff bound.

Gens_Fan_22

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Gens Fan 112 wrote:I was very frustrated with the 2 too many men calls in the first 10 minutes of the game........both cut into Gens powerplays. Very sloppy.

One of them was bad luck, the puck just hit the player's skate as he was trying to get off. The rule should be whether you play the puck, I hate it when teams get called just because it happens to hit a player's skate. I don't see why more teams don't try and aim the puck at a player skating off.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:49 pm

one of the calls today was cause a player coming off the bench played the puck while the other player was still on the ice

didn't see the other call though
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:40 am

this team needs to be accountable. There is no disciplene on this team, as they take too many reckless penalties. Victor Terrerri should never see the ice again in a Gens uniform. Its the third period, tie game, you are in a playoff race with the team you are playing and he goes out and starts a fight with Jones who wants nothing to do with him.. what an idiot, he takes a two minute penalty for being stupid, and he is lucky Brampton never scored. Like use your head, challenge the guy, don't just drop your gloves like an ape and start swinging... this team was playing so well before the Christmas break, and its all gone downhill since that drubbing by Owen Sound... looks like another year out of the playoffs and a lottery pick again..
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:02 am

There is just no enthusiasm n the bench. No talking by the coaches to get the boys pumped, no pats on the shoulder for getting a goal...........just stonefaced coaches who look like they have given up as well.

Gens_Fan_22

Back to top Go down

Oshawa vs. Brampton, Mon. Feb 15th, 2010 Empty Oshawa vs Brampton Feb 15th

Post by Popbottle Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:13 am

While I appreciate and support the comments on this post, I am still cannot understand the defense play by all of our senior players. While Dehart and Valentine do reasonably well in the offensive part of the game, they seem to be out of position a lot in their end. The same also appears to be true of Alex.
all three of them have been on the ice for far too many goals scored against them.
All three of them need to pick up their defensive game.
Another difficulty that I have mentioned before is that we do not have a consistent breakout system. Many times when our defense have the puck in our zone and are looking to pass up to the forwards there is no one open.
I still have faith in our boys and hope they get it together before the end of the season.
SincerelyOshawa vs. Brampton, Mon. Feb 15th, 2010 Icon_biggrin

Popbottle

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by goalie gal Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:02 pm

I see you point popbottle but that all comes down to coaching. The forward should be ready when the puck is coming up ice. I defence of Valentine when he is with De Hart tony monopolizes the ice and can't decide which side to play so Scott has to try and figure out where he is supposed to go

goalie gal

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:57 pm

I agree with BigE88 - there is something wrong here. Either the players have no respect for the coaches or they just don't care.

In yesterday's game as the game moved into the 3rd period, Brampton just shut us down, walked away from any situation that may hurt their team and we played the way we usually do, undisciplined and selfish. Terreri coming out and jumping Jones, their smallest player was a total joke.

I especially like it when we have 2 players (Terreri and Andreoff) in the penalty box in the 3rd period and they are in there laughing and having a great time.
How many times did Brown take himself out of the play to finish checks when they meant nothing. Brown does not have enough skill to be behind the play.
He was on for 2 gols against, one of them he was nowhere to be found on the play and it the pass came right from he was supposed to be. And he gets the hardest working General player for the game. How did they allow one of his relatives to pick him for that award.

In penalty minutes, we are near the highest in the league. Every game is do or die for a possible playoff spot and it is quite obvious that some of our players could not care less.

I am sure Dips does think it is important but it is too late to turn this ship around. I hope I am wrong, because I like Depiero. I am a General fan for life however this is just a joke.

Get rid of this group of underachievers and pretenders before they completely ruin the younger players we have here like Thomas and Jenner.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:48 pm

for the record, we sit 9th of 20 teams in penalties....to me, that would put us middle of the pack, not near the highest.

It is amazing that a number of posters have changed over the last couple of months. Many posters on here were all for the status quo.....wow. LOL

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:26 pm

9 loss's in a row is not status quo ogf

the one losing streak i forgave, thought we were coming around

this is a big step backwards, just like last year 2 players should not make or break a team
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:20 am

ogf was talking about penalty minues and not losses.

Gens_Fan_22

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:38 am

yes and then he said that many fans were ok with the status quo

i'm just stating that 9 loss's ago it was easier to say we're going in the right direction then it is today
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next