Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarnia @ Oshawa Oct 15th/2010

+5
archer_gens
Gens Camper
Hayes#21
JPH
generalsfan4life
9 posters

Go down

Sarnia @ Oshawa Oct 15th/2010  Empty Sarnia @ Oshawa Oct 15th/2010

Post by generalsfan4life Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:39 am

This should be a good game tomorrow i wonder who starts in goal since the gens have a 3 in 3 this weekend GO Gens GO
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Number of posts : 125
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Sarnia @ Oshawa Oct 15th/2010  Empty Re: Sarnia @ Oshawa Oct 15th/2010

Post by JPH Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:53 am

I'm thinking Zador, Bailie, Zador, although on the fip side, if Zador is your number 1, maybe you want to see if he can handle b2b starts.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:52 am

I think they will start Zador, Ballie, Zador.

I think we can play with any team in this league. Our heart has been on our sleeve every game. I want to see that same intensity for all 3 games.

If we do...I think we have a really good shot at winning all 3 this weekend.

Let's go Boys!!!!

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:40 am

The GENS better be ready at the start of the 1st period tonight

Sarnia lost to the PETES last night and will be ready- they have some great rookies and power play

The only way Zador gets b2b is if he gets a shut out

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm hoping for at least a 4 point weekend, Anything that gets us 3 or more points is what we need to do. .500 hockey = playoffs.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Good win boys!!! Man those refs sure seemed like they were watchin a different game. Tons of brutal calls on the Gennies. But we had a 5 on 3 shorthanded breakaway chance haha and Thomas's shorthanded breakaway goal was GREAT.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:01 am

Agreed on the reffing.

I thought we played really well. One thing I'm noticing, is moments in the game when we are a tad shaky, or lethargic, that we can still play responsibly enough to keep the game from getting out of reach. Years past and we could have 10 mins of lethargic play and get burned for 4 goals.

Shots were heavy in our favour, but many many many shots were fired right into Hopes' chest. Thomas seemed to do this more than others.

I think Valentine perhaps needs to buckle down a bit in the D zone. Some bad pinches and generally seems to drift off play to make a hit, or contact.

Zador played well. Not outstanding, but well.

About the 3rd time I've seen Thomas pull that breakaway move since the start of the season. Always a beauty.

I thought the whole game we severly outplayed them, were stronger on the puck, winning most battles, and getting tons of turnovers just inside the sting bueline. Great effort all around.

I thought Clarks crazy baboon routine at fights end was ridiculous. So you dropped the gloves, apparently landed enough of a shot to srape a guys nose, and fell over. You didn't just score knockout of the century. Fighting through the linesman to get to the guy again could have lead to extra penalty time, and right about here.....you go from team player territory, to sefish territory.

Attendance is a little disappointing. Just over 3200 for a team playing this well kind of looks bad in the rink. Mind you wee seem to be a second half draw.

Going to go on a little rant here. .....why spend the time before opening faceoff explaining "house rules" which include staying in your seat until a stoppage and not getting up during play. We had a young girl few rows down toot her horn 2 times, have the usher come running down to tell her "oh you cant do that here. Seems like they are right on top of things...

...In the second period I have to look around a lady from a Mexican Resturant, who insists on making sure I read her flyer, while half a dozen or so ppl crowd the stairs for a free hat. This went on over 2 minutes into play. I had to wonder where that Usher was at that point. Hand that crap out at the door or at least get it wrapped up before the game resumes. end rant. Cool

JPH

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:15 am

Funny you mention the ushers conduct, I noticed tonight that when clark fought all the ushers ran down to row 1 and watched their sections they were assigned to and when everything calmed down they walked back up top where they normally stand. Weird but comical

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:26 am

ohagan wrote:Funny you mention the ushers conduct, I noticed tonight that when clark fought all the ushers ran down to row 1 and watched their sections they were assigned to and when everything calmed down they walked back up top where they normally stand. Weird but comical

Well we don't want that nuthouse rink to get out of hand do we? It was so quiet in there most the night, I'm pretty sure I heard someone in section 105 fart.

JPH

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:40 am

lol that was someone squeezing a ketchup pack on their hotdog

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:49 am

Mexican restaurant - I thought they were handing out coupons for free burritos?

Announcements - The "house rules" has been done since near the end of last season after one of those open forum sort of meetings. Even if the ushers are addressing that, it's still worth saying.

The ushers all walk down the stairs simultaneously in Ottawa as well. They did so during fights and also the promotional timeouts. I don't get it either but there must be some logic to it.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Glad the Gens got the result last night, the game certainly shouldn't have been tied after the 2nd. The Gens had some bad passes and turnovers of their own at times but even 5 on 5 they had the Sting completely bottled up for large stretches through winning battles, a stronger commitment and just all around more skill.

Impressed once again with Jenner's work ethic and determination. I think it's really a noticeable improvement from last year. Nice to see him leading by example and playing with controlled emotion...we haven't seen anything that resembles some of last year's frustrating penalties, so well done Boone.

Time for another 2 points in Niagara tonight! Very Happy

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by JokesandPranks Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:21 pm

JPH wrote:
Attendance is a little disappointing. Just over 3200 for a team playing this well kind of looks bad in the rink.

I think not having their games on the radio has something to do with that - case in point, last night my son had a hockey game where we car pooled a few of his teammates, normally I would have had the game on the radio, which would have created interest for those kids in wanting to possibly go to the next game, instead, the kids didn't even know the Gens were playing, let alone when their next home game is - I believe this no radio decision has a real ripple effect on the attendance one way or another.

JokesandPranks

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down