Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarnia @ Oshawa Oct 25th

+5
Generalizations
GENNY
hockeybeats
ogf
archer_gens
9 posters

Go down

Sarnia @ Oshawa Oct 25th Empty Sarnia @ Oshawa Oct 25th

Post by archer_gens Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:03 pm

I have a question about this game. I was on the Gens online store and it said they are selling group tickets for 10$ each to the game.

It also says quantity of tickets. Has anyone ever seen them do this before, and does anyone know if you can just pick up a pair?

Just thought i'd point out just in case anyone is getting tickets to the game.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Sarnia @ Oshawa Oct 25th Empty Re: Sarnia @ Oshawa Oct 25th

Post by ogf Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:37 pm

Archer ... what is the link?

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:48 pm

under new products

http://www.oshawagenerals.com/Gens_Store_live.php on the right hand side of the page i can't give a link apparently
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:37 pm

Looks like that's something to facilitate the sale of tickets to NASC which I think is a big soccer league which has different age groups. If I remember correctly, NASC has had like 1000 or even 1500+ when they have their day at the Gens game so they probably give them a link to make the sale of tickets easier. I have no idea if there's some sort of identification check to make sure you are with NASC.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:40 am

archer_gens wrote:under new products

http://www.oshawagenerals.com/Gens_Store_live.php on the right hand side of the page i can't give a link apparently

Thanks for the link, I agree with Beats

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:14 pm

Why does it read Friday Oct. 25? Does anybody in that office own a friggin calendar? confused affraid Rolling Eyes
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:01 am

Lets hope for some better officiating

Hopefully we can jump right back on and get a win at home before hitting the road again.

Also hoping to see Bailie in net for the game. It's hard to give him playing time when the team is on a role i get that, but he can't rot on the bench either, Zador go a chance to run with it for a while give Bailie a chance. Not blaming Zador for the loss, but i'd love to see the loser sit on the bench the next game, just to get the goalies to push each other a little more.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:59 pm

Let's Fo Gens,sarnia has been playing pretty well as late should be a nintresting game tonight and i think bailie should get another chance now.

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:41 pm

Just wanted to point out that I said we should play Bailie lol.

All joking aside though... a few brutal calls, a few brutal give aways, and a few stupid mistakes and 6-2 sounds about right.

The Gens need to forget this weekend and right the ship, we need to come up with a big win Thursday in Peterborough and Sunday against the Bulls to stay atop the division
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:01 pm

Did the guys forget the game is three periods? I hope there is motivation for redemption next weekend.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 108 Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:02 pm

I think the melt down started with all those penalites (sp) in the first.

We can always look at it this way (with hope). The last time the Gens had this kind of melt down (Barrie) they came back with a 5 game winning streak!!

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:04 pm

They need 2 refs. He sucked tonight. Not saying the Gens are angels but????? Example at centre ice 2 sting hit 1 gen. Ref looking right at it. No call. chris calling him to the bench. Ignors him. Brutal
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeynightinontario Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:04 am

You hit on one thing that I totally agree with and really irritates me -- refs who won't explain their calls. I was just in a conversation about that earlier today. The older refs showed confidence in their abilities by being willing to talk to players and coaches about their calls. And if they missed one, they'd admit it. But too many of these young refs refuse to explain their calls. It gives a sense that they have no confidence in their abilities, and that sense carries over to coaches, players, and fans.

I thought tonight's opening ten minutes were wildly entertaining. After that, I thought the ref took over. Too many cheap calls, too much inconsistency. The ref did not determine the winner, but he did affect the entertainment value in a negative way.

Zador didn't have his best game tonight. Not sure any goal was real soft, bt he didn't have that game changing save in him. Lots of shots for the Gens but not that many scoring chances after the first period, when they seemed to get more chances than shots actually on the net.

hockeynightinontario

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:17 am

Stop blaming the ref's yeah he might of miss some.If the Gen's could score on there pp we would of not lose the game,right now the Gen's can't score on the pp(0 for 6 yesterday) maybe when Parham returns things may change,The first three goals Zador had no chance as they were rebounds that the Sting capitalized on and the chance the Gen's had they didn't,We just didn't play a good 2nd or 3rd we can't win every game and I'm sure there going to be some more games like the Sting game.The Gen's are a young team that's still learning,right now they are fun to watch as there is a vast improvement from last year and if this years Gen's a showing what the future brings I for one can't wait Very Happy
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:17 pm

I never said I blamed the ref Steamed. I was saying to be fair to both teams and MAKE THE SAME CALLS ON BOTH TEAMS. Not just 1. All I ask is to be consitant with the calls which is not happening and it isn't just in our rink. It is all around the O. Is it to much to ask to have the same rules for both teams which it is suppose to be. Calls a penelty on one team and stands right there and watchs the other team do the same thing with no call. That is crap. I never said in my post the ref lost it for us. We did that all by ourselfs. I am asking for it to be the same for both teams is all. Is that saying the ref lost it for us? Please read the full post.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:41 pm

drifter wrote:I never said I blamed the ref Steamed. I was saying to be fair to both teams and MAKE THE SAME CALLS ON BOTH TEAMS. Not just 1. All I ask is to be consitant with the calls which is not happening and it isn't just in our rink. It is all around the O. Is it to much to ask to have the same rules for both teams which it is suppose to be. Calls a penelty on one team and stands right there and watchs the other team do the same thing with no call. That is crap. I never said in my post the ref lost it for us. We did that all by ourselfs. I am asking for it to be the same for both teams is all. Is that saying the ref lost it for us? Please read the full post.

Easy now did I ever mention your NAME I was saying it in general .Don't take things too personal life's too short, so chill out enjoy life Laughing
PS :both teams had 6 power plays each,which neither team scored but the Sting got a Shorty.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeynightinontario Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:26 pm

As far as my comments, I certainly wasn't blaming the ref for the loss, but I was blaming him for affecting the entertainment value of the game. And it's not something unique to Oshawa in my opinion -- I've been frustrated by this style of officiating (refusal to explain calls) for the past few years.

hockeynightinontario

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:09 am

hockeynightinontario wrote:As far as my comments, I certainly wasn't blaming the ref for the loss, but I was blaming him for affecting the entertainment value of the game. And it's not something unique to Oshawa in my opinion -- I've been frustrated by this style of officiating (refusal to explain calls) for the past few years.

Ref's don't have to explain there calls to no one,some do explain there calls to the coach it depends on the ref and the ref Sunday didn't.I don't know what game your watching but I did find it entertaning win or lose.
I love the Gen's and the OHL. bad call or miss a call or don't explain there calls.I'm at the GMC enjoying HOCKEY. Very Happy
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Refs should be held accountable if not during the game then after the game. I think the team and the fans deserve to know the explanation of the call.... like the CFL.... why were the two goals we scored (peterborough and guelph) not counted for example
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:02 pm

Reasons for goals being disallowed are supposed to be announced but it rarely happens in practice. It could be the ref not passing the info on to the off-ice officials or the off-ice officials not passing it onto the announcer. Before the fast face-off rule, this was routinely done. Now, the refs and linesmen are trained to just keep the game moving as quickly as possible so even if the announcer does get the info, play has already resumed and that's probably why this practice has fallen by the wayside.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeynightinontario Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:23 pm

steamed wrote:
hockeynightinontario wrote:As far as my comments, I certainly wasn't blaming the ref for the loss, but I was blaming him for affecting the entertainment value of the game. And it's not something unique to Oshawa in my opinion -- I've been frustrated by this style of officiating (refusal to explain calls) for the past few years.

Ref's don't have to explain there calls to no one,some do explain there calls to the coach it depends on the ref and the ref Sunday didn't.I don't know what game your watching but I did find it entertaning win or lose.
I love the Gen's and the OHL. bad call or miss a call or don't explain there calls.I'm at the GMC enjoying HOCKEY. Very Happy

We will have to agree to disagree. To me, refs are not infallible, they are caretakers of the game. In my opinion, there is an obligation to explain their rationale on calls when questioned. The only way for players to avoid taking penalties is for them to understand what they did wrong, and with the inconsistency in today's officiating, it's not always self-evident. I think you'll find coaches and players respect the refs who will talk to them and don't respect the refs who refuse to talk.

hockeynightinontario

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Amateur refs in an amateur league. We'll just have to suck it up.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down