Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oshawa vs. Kingston, Wed. Feb. 24th

+11
dewitl
gogensgo
GENNY
Gens Camper
UGENS
drifter
ogf
Lindy88
steamed
Phoenix
Generalizations
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Oshawa vs. Kingston, Wed. Feb. 24th Empty Oshawa vs. Kingston, Wed. Feb. 24th

Post by Generalizations Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:23 am

Here's to a two-game winning streak! Keep up the momentum. I hope we have lotsa people there for rain check night. I have 8 seats myself Wink

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Oshawa vs. Kingston, Wed. Feb. 24th Empty Re: Oshawa vs. Kingston, Wed. Feb. 24th

Post by Phoenix Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:56 am

Good luck Gens!! Here's hoping for a win!!! But Canada vs Russia tonight at 7:30 pm!!! Sorry, but I'll be in front of my TV tonight and not at the GMC!!!

Phoenix

Number of posts : 176
Seat Section : 120
Registration date : 2007-04-24

Back to top Go down

Oshawa vs. Kingston, Wed. Feb. 24th Empty Re: Oshawa vs. Kingston, Wed. Feb. 24th

Post by steamed Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:10 am

Phoenix wrote:Good luck Gens!! Here's hoping for a win!!! But Canada vs Russia tonight at 7:30 pm!!! Sorry, but I'll be in front of my TV tonight and not at the GMC!!!

Sorry Phoenix but your not a true Gen's fan, I would not miss a Gen's game for no game, no matter what the importants of it is.I hope you enjoy it but me I'll be @ the GMC watching and supporting my Gens play.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 am

steamed wrote:Sorry Phoenix but your not a true Gen's fan, I would not miss a Gen's game for no game, no matter what the importants of it is.I hope you enjoy it but me I'll be @ the GMC watching and supporting my Gens play.

Me too Steamed. I'll be at the GMC tonight as well. May have to pop into Prospects in between periods for a pint and a Team Canada update though! Very Happy
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:15 pm

[quote="Lindy88
Me too Steamed. I'll be at the GMC tonight as well. May have to pop into Prospects in between periods for a pint and a Team Canada update though! Very Happy[/quote]

Lindy88 glad to here that nothing on tv is worth watching when you can go to a Gen's game, to me it is more important than staying @ home and watching team Canada play Russia I hope Phoenix enjoys staying home and watching the game on tv we no were the priority is and it's not the Gen's Embarassed
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:31 pm

steamed wrote:Lindy88 glad to here that nothing on tv is worth watching when you can go to a Gen's game, to me it is more important than staying @ home and watching team Canada play

I'll be at the GMC Friday night as well even if Canada is in the semis and even though we play Barrie. That's what a PVR is for! Catch the Generals game and then watch the Canada game after at home or watch SportsCentre and see the highlights 800 times over the following 12 hours! Razz

Still holding out hope that the Generals finish 7th and upset Ottawa in the first round. Lofty, unrealistic? Perhaps, but I am a glass is half full type! Wink
Lindy88
Lindy88

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:52 pm

I really debated with myself before posting this, but figured what the heck, I'll post it anyway.

You guys are being too hard on the guy. Just because he chooses to miss a game to watch another one on TV doesn't make him any less of a fan. I'm sure the guy will be out to many more Gens games cheering on the team. With the examples you give of PVR; he could PVR the Gens game and watch it later, or he could use PIP and watch both games at the same time. Steamed, I know you have missed games because you had to work. Does that mean you are less of a fan? The Gens schedule is out long in advance, you could have switched shifts with someone. Of course it doesn't!!

All this being said, give the guy a break, he is a Gens fan today and will be tomorrow. Us Gens fans need to stick together!! It is fine to say..'not me, i'm going to the Gens game', but don't say someone is not a fan because they decide they want to watch Canada/Russia instead.

Cheers!!

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:58 pm

ogf wrote:You guys are being too hard on the guy.

OGF, I'm not being hard on the guy. Freewill man! Just posting my preference for consumption. Just hate missing Generals games. Big supporter of Team Canada for sure but the Generals game are an event for me. Know lots of people, have great season ticket holders around me that have become good friends, etc.

I'm frustrated with the current direction and management of the team but will always be a diehard fan.

Now, gold medal game might be a different story if the Generals conflicted with that and Canada was playing! That would be a much tougher decision. Neutral
Lindy88
Lindy88

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Lindy88 wrote:
ogf wrote:You guys are being too hard on the guy.

OGF, I'm not being hard on the guy. Freewill man! Just posting my preference for consumption. Just hate missing Generals games. Big supporter of Team Canada for sure but the Generals game are an event for me. Know lots of people, have great season ticket holders around me that have become good friends, etc.

I'm frustrated with the current direction and management of the team but will always be a diehard fan.

Now, gold medal game might be a different story if the Generals conflicted with that and Canada was playing! That would be a much tougher decision. Neutral

Well Phoenix here is a stat that is worth staying home to watch team Canada on tv.It's been "50" years since Canada last beat Russia in the Olympics,so I'll be at the GMC watching the Gen's.They will problably lose to. Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:12 pm

I'll see you boys there as well. I'm even going to Missy on Sunday. Win lose or draw. I support the lads. home and away. Regardless what the direction is.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:44 pm

Whewwww! I guess I forgot to mention a couple of things!! I have been a seasons ticket holder for about 16 years now or so and I will have my radio on in the background to keep tabs on my Gennies at the same time!!

Also, because of my work hours, I tend to miss the weeknight games - just too late for me to get home afterwards & then get up at 5 am for work - just can't do that anymore, I find.

I believe my other half will be at the GMC, so I think that counts as both support and representation.

And as for Canada's losing streak against the Russians - well, as all we Gens fans know, all streaks must eventually come to an end!! sunny

Phoenix

Number of posts : 176
Seat Section : 120
Registration date : 2007-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Phoenix don't feel bad, I'm home with a bad foot and I dare anyone to say I'm not a diehard gennie fan because I can't be at the games right now.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:46 pm

UGENS wrote:Phoenix don't feel bad, I'm home with a bad foot and I dare anyone to say I'm not a diehard gennie fan because I can't be at the games right now.UGENS(Karon)

C'mon Karon, if you were a real diehard Gens fan, you'd find a way to walk on that foot! Twisted Evil

In all seriousness, hope you are healing up well. Be good to have you back in the arena when the time is right!
Lindy88
Lindy88

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Hey Phoenix I'm a 28 year season ticket holder and would not miss a game exception to this rule,death in the family,birth of child or surgery.Now UGENS has a bad foot and thats understandable,but to stay home to watch Team Canada when perfectly healthly c'mon Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:09 pm

I think they should show the game on the videotron scoreboard

give booth teams a point - much more entertaining

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:59 pm

My flag is ready to go. See ya there. I'll watch the team Canada repeat on TSN when I get home. I'm skipping the oldtimers tomrrow to watch our women win the Gold.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:20 pm

steamed wrote:Hey Phoenix I'm a 28 year season ticket holder and would not miss a game exception to this rule,death in the family,birth of child or surgery.Now UGENS has a bad foot and thats understandable,but to stay home to watch Team Canada when perfectly healthly c'mon Laughing

Hey Steamed, come by section 104 sometime, I'll buy you a beer!
Lindy88
Lindy88

Back to top Go down

Post by gogensgo Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:01 pm

Lindy88 wrote:
steamed wrote:Sorry Phoenix but your not a true Gen's fan, I would not miss a Gen's game for no game, no matter what the importants of it is.I hope you enjoy it but me I'll be @ the GMC watching and supporting my Gens play.

Me too Steamed. I'll be at the GMC tonight as well. May have to pop into Prospects in between periods for a pint and a Team Canada update though! Very Happy

Then by that same logic, I guess that means the two of you aren't real Canadians then.

gogensgo

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dewitl Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Sorry, but I consider myself a diehard Gens fans but I'll be at home watching them picture-in-picture with Team Canada. Don't get down on people who choose to stay home tonight to watch a game that comes around once every four years! It doesn't diminish my love of the Gennies. Just shows that I can be proud of them AND be a proud Canadian. Go Gens Go! cheers

Last edited by dewitl on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

dewitl

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 116
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:55 pm

Yeah im glad i stayed home to watch the canada game.GO CANADA GO....

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:59 pm

At least Phoenix got to watch their favourite team win. Crying or Very sad
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:52 am

Wow, that third period stank Neutral

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:57 am

GENNY wrote:At least Phoenix got to watch their favourite team win. Crying or Very sad

With the number of fans in the stands, so did alot of other people.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:06 am

WoW

Love that the thread is more about which fan is the Biggest Die hard, rather then about the game.....

That being said I showed up at the game, and once the team was down by 3 decided to go watch the end of the Canada game. Good two periods of hockey, Zador looked a little shakey, but did make a few nice saves.

And yes if the game is not close Friday night I'll duck out early then as well to catch the Canada game.

To all the Super Gens Fans, where has everyone been at games in Peterborough, Belleville, Kingston and Niagara this year? I've been to 10 road games this year, and while some of you are there where are the rest of you at? just saying everyone supports the team differently and if someone wants to watch something else thats there call, i've missed 1 game in 3 years, don't think its a big deal....
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:03 am

Zador was definitely shakey on at least three of those goals.
Hell, Stevie Wonder could have stopped them...lol but the truth.
Defence had big lapses as well which didn't help Zador.
Nice to see Brown start to play hockey but is it too little too late. Where has he been all season.
And Yes I am a die hard fan as well. Been to all home games and quite a few of the road games as well. I just PVR'd last nights Canada game and will watch it today. No big deal. Win or lose, the Gens have my support.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next