Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingston Vs Oshawa Sun Oct 3rd

+10
hockeybeats
gogeneralsgo
ohagan
generalsfan
steamed
ogf
Gens_Fan_22
Kevy
JPH
archer_gens
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kingston Vs Oshawa Sun Oct 3rd Empty Kingston Vs Oshawa Sun Oct 3rd

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:09 am

Let's GO Gens

Back to top Go down

Kingston Vs Oshawa Sun Oct 3rd Empty Re: Kingston Vs Oshawa Sun Oct 3rd

Post by archer_gens Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:25 am

Feeling Blue?

GO GENS GO
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:07 am

yup can't wait to see the the blue jerserys tomorrow night

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:30 am

Anyone know who gets the start in goal? Zador has been pretty good so far, but I imagine you have to get Bailie in there some time. Is Sunday the day?

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:37 am

Dips mentioned that Zador would get the start vs Ottawa...which he did.I say that Bailie gets the start tonight
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:19 am

With such a slow sched im torn, bailie should be playing as well, but we need to know zador is a number one as well.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:13 am

I say start Bailie tonight.
Let Zador feel good about winnng those past three games. Let his high continue and start him in Kingston Friday night.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:20 am

I say lets keep the winning streak going against a team in our division.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:37 am

Zador is your #1 goalie you play him 90% of the season and he definatly he plays all the Eastern teams, put Bailie in on some of the western teams.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Gens website has a splash page advertising "Fire & Ice" night with pre-game activities between 4pm and 6pm, there will be live music by "Friendly Fire" and kids can see inside a fire pumper, tour the fire safety house and meet local firefighters.

Kingston has started Grubauer in all 3 of their games so far, just like the Gens have started Zador. The majority of teams have started both goalies so far, but then not everyone is on the roll the Gens are to start the season. I like the idea of going with Zador again for tonight...looking ahead, the Gens do have a 3 in 3 weekend on Oct. 15, 16 and 17 so Bailie will see something there, but the Gens may not want to wait 3 weeks from when the season began to give him his first start.

How nice is it to see 11 different Gens with goals after just 3 games. Very Happy

Last edited by generalsfan on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:10 pm

generalsfan wrote:Gens website has a splash page advertising "Fire & Ice" night with pre-game activities between 4pm and 6pm, there will be live music by "Friendly Fire" and kids can see inside a fire pumper, tour the fire safety house and meet local firefighters.

Kingston has started Grubauer in all 3 of their games so far, just like the Gens have started Zador. I like the idea of going with Zador again for tonight...the Gens do have a 3 in 3 weekend on Oct. 15, 16 and 17 so Bailie will see something there, but on the other side of that, the Gens may not want to wait 3 weeks from when the season began to give him his first start.

How nice is it to see 11 different Gens with goals after just 3 games. Very Happy

Not only that, but every Gen that has played all three games (excluding goaltenders) has at least one point.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:31 pm

GO GENNIES!!!! I think they should start Zador tonight, he is not overworked and im sure he is gaining more confidence every game. But if Bailie is in net and he stinks, we still have the scoring power to overcome. Cheers to 4 and 0 tomorrow, lets go boys the fronts are going dowwwn!!!

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Could not make it to the game tonight, am watching on TV.. and I just don't get it...

Why is Clark still on this team???? One big waste of a roster spot. Never wins a fight and always takes instigator penalties - no hockey skills ... If we need an enforcer, GET A REAL ONE.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Well we are 4 and 0 and im loving it. wow i found the frontenacs matched up pretty good defensively against us even though we are short handed but we still got the job done. im glad we won it on our own as opposed to the 3rd gens goal, which kingston scored on themselves, was not the deciding goal of the game. once again zador was great and he deserved 1st star. and now WE ARE THE ONLY TEAM IN THE OHL WITH A PERFECT RECORD, way to go boys. i wonder if we will be better than honourable mention on tuesday when the updated chl rankings come out?

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:04 pm

A few points on the Generals 3-1 win

Even with the big win in their home opener against Peterborough, this has to be the best they have played so far this season. No need to come from behind, no need to score 7 or 8 to win...just a solid defensive game from the entire team, scoring key goals when they needed them, and the keeper coming up with some huge saves in all 3 periods

Zador was very solid in between the pipes making 32 stops, and it appears as though he is embracing his role as the #1. Is this the year he finally breaks out and shows why London picked him in the first round? Only time will tell., but so far so good

Jensen continues to amaze me every game with his speed and skill....and then there's Lessio. His backhand (which was displayed multiple times this game), is quite possibly equal to, or better than, most players forehand shots.

Now for a little rant...I know some of you on here will completely disagree, and for some reason are absolutely in love with this kid but...Emerson Clark. He brings absolutely nothing to this team that we can't find somewhere else. As a previous poster said...he is a waste of a roster spot. This kids fights....so what? In case you haven't noticed, the Generals have plenty of team toughness. They have shown this throughout the first 4 games. We do not need a true heavyweight. No every team does. Take the Detroit Red Wings for example. They have been without one for years and seem to get by just fine. I only compare the two teams simply because of the skill level. Have you people seen Clark with his gloves on? Useless. It took him maybe 20-30 sec. of his first shift to take a stupid stupid penalty. Everybody and their grandmother knows that was interference, and there was no need for it. The puck had already been cleared to the man behind the net. I will give him a little bit credit for his first fight. The game may have been scoreless, but the boys were being outplayed, and he dropped the mitts to spark the team....unlike his second fight, in which he fought just to fight, and took an instigator penalty to boot..

I'm sure people will jump all over me for this post, but that's just the way I see things
Kevy
Kevy

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:20 pm

RE CLARK: he has had a chance to play 2 regular season games and we will have our suspended players back on friday in kingston, imo clark got a shot at playing and now i think dips has an idea if or where clark fits in on this team

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:36 pm

the gens looked great in their blue sweaters tonite, nice blue helmets and matching socks but those cheap crappy red shorts as part of their uniform have got to go.

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:39 pm

I like what Clark brings but with four suspended players returning, I don't think he's good enough to crack that roster.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:41 pm

well it wasn't instiagator to begin with so there i dare u to say that to his face and see what happens he''ll reaggrange it pretyy fast buddy .

Guest we will not tolerate rude and un-neccessary language. Please read the rules before you post again!!!!!
UGENS

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:42 pm

well it wasn't instiagator to begin with so there i dare u to say that to his face and see what happens he''ll reaggrange it pretyy fast buddy

Why don't you say what you really mean.....and what is with the personal attack? People have opinions..that was mine
Kevy
Kevy

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Guest quoted well it wasn't instiagator to begin with so there i dare u to say that to his face and see what happens he''ll reaggrange it pretyy fast buddy

Face it, Clark played a terrible game and there is just no room for him on this roster. I will be shocked if we see any of him going foward, with the suspended players returning.

The only re-arranging necessary are some of the words in this ridiculous post of yours.

As to the game

Generals played a solid game, albeit a little too "lazy" for lack of a better word, at times. Was really glad to see Zador in goal, and even more impressed with his effort tonight. Gave up a few bad rebounds, but glad to see the D able to clear them out, or engage the players buzzing around the net. That is something that, perhaps was an even bigger issue last year than our goaltending. If you know your goaltending is a bit suspect, as it was last year, you REALLY need that extra effort on D to clear out pucks. That was one of my personal highlights tonight.

Lessio looked pretty good again, but I was far more impressed with Jansens play tonight.

As for the red pants on the third unis, I actually liked them. Cool

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:12 pm

well it wasn't instiagator to begin with so there i dare u to say that to his face and see what happens he''ll reaggrange it pretyy fast buddy

Face it, Clark played a terrible game and there is just no room for him on this roster. I will be shocked if we see any of him going foward, with the suspended players returning.

The only re-arranging necessary are some of the words in this ridiculous post of yours.

As to the game

Generals played a solid game, albeit a little too "lazy" for lack of a better word, at times. Was really glad to see Zador in goal, and even more impressed with his effort tonight. Gave up a few bad rebounds, but glad to see the D able to clear them out, or engage the players buzzing around the net. That is something that, perhaps was an even bigger issue last year than our goaltending. If you know your goaltending is a bit suspect, as it was last year, you REALLY need that extra effort on D to clear out pucks. That was one of my personal highlights tonight.

Lessio looked pretty good again, but I was far more impressed with Jansens play tonight.

As for the red pants on the third unis, I actually liked them. Cool [/quote]

generalsfan4life told me clark picked out the red pants for tonight and if anyone had a problem with them then he would rearrange them for us lol, i agree fully, his comments way over the line

Please do use the wrong poster as the quote since Gensfan4life wasn't the poster with the rude language it was GUEST !!
UGENS(Karon

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:15 pm

Just going back to what was posted before the game for a sec...that's a great stat, ogf, about every Gens player who has played all 3 games having at least a point. Awesome!

As ohagan posted earlier in the thread, the Gens are the only team in the entire league to have a perfect record! Sure has a nice ring to it. How fantastic is that! cheers

Highest number of goals for in the conference, best goals against in the conference. We've wanted someone to make those big saves at important times, and Zador was great.

Hockeybeats, got a chuckle out of the "Fire" themed music during the 1st intermission promotion. Well done. Very Happy

As the Generals twitter page pointed out http://twitter.com/OHLGenerals after the 2nd period, all 3 goals in the game had been scored by NY Ranger 2nd round picks in Thomas and Werek. Perhaps the dark blue jerseys and red pants made them feel right at home. Laughing I really like the blue jerseys...but does anyone else think that matching pants might look better than the red?

To quote the Gens twitter page with the Gens being the only undefeated team in the OHL..."Take that CHL Top 10 Rankings." Well said. Very Happy

Last edited by generalsfan on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:15 pm

I think Clark may be somewhat rearranged next Friday evening If Grubnason( SP?) older brother is back in the lineup , for filling in the rookie . Clark s days should be numbered in Oshawa . Like I said last year he is not good enough to play in this league . His hockey skills are poor at best

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:43 pm

ohagan wrote:well it wasn't instiagator to begin with so there i dare u to say that to his face and see what happens he''ll reaggrange it pretyy fast buddy

As to the game

As for the red pants on the third unis, I actually liked them. Cool

generalsfan4life told me clark picked out the red pants for tonight and if anyone had a problem with them then he would rearrange them for us lol, i agree fully, his comments way over the line

Please do use the wrong poster as the quote since Gensfan4life wasn't the poster with the rude language it was GUEST !!
UGENS(Karon[/quote

ok, sorry Gensfan4life and Karon

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next