Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingston Vs Oshawa Sun Oct 3rd

+10
hockeybeats
gogeneralsgo
ohagan
generalsfan
steamed
ogf
Gens_Fan_22
Kevy
JPH
archer_gens
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kingston Vs Oshawa Sun Oct 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Kingston Vs Oshawa Sun Oct 3rd

Post by jaycro Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:46 pm

Not a big Clark fan and tend to agree with the observations above but young Alex should be able to look after himself. He IS almost half a foot taller and 25 lbs. heavier than Clark. Shouldn't need big brother to help him!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Kingston Vs Oshawa Sun Oct 3rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Kingston Vs Oshawa Sun Oct 3rd

Post by Kevy Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:48 pm

jaycro wrote:Not a big Clark fan and tend to agree with the observations above but young Alex should be able to look after himself. He IS almost half a foot taller and 25 lbs. heavier than Clark. Shouldn't need big brother to help him!

Though he does know how to score Very Happy

Thanks for the 3rd goal Alex
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:49 pm

Clark wont be playing, should be suspended for his actions, thats my take on it. I do think we played well tonight, that said we were lucky to get the win. Kingston is not going to score for us every night, and u cant rely on 5-3 goals. As for this whole clark thing in general very few people are attacking clark as a person, so why there is a need for heated arguments, im lost. Make an argument as to why he is a better player then 12 of our other forwards. He could be jesus, but if he cant play he cant play. Why dont u get so upset when we talk the same way about bailie, nice kid but not showing he should be number one.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter_Puck Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:04 am

A win is a win by any means. Clark is on the roster, he was not benched and actually had a shot on the net. Sometimes hockey is not about putting the puck in the net. Valentine is far from perfect but no one is jumping on that bandwagon. He throws one loud hip check and it dominos into a fight, followed by a line brawl and we have four guys gone for two games. HMMM! Stick to the facts the boys are learning. By the way Connor stokes fits in nicely with Kingston he now knows how to check from behind. Very Happy

Last edited by Peter_Puck on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:55 am

Way to go Gennies!!! Another win. I don't care if it is sloppy or picture perfect...it is a win. 8 points. This should be giving the team some confidence, and Zador must be giving the forwards some confidence too. We are doing a way better job of blocking the second shot on net so far. There were a couple D meltdowns...where there were two Kington players in front of the net and no Gennies. But we didn't get burned so it is moot now!

As for Clark. I can understand everyone's point of view. He is not a skilled guy. I hope that is not why people think the guy made the team. I do not think anyone who is a Clark Fan will say he is a top forward.

He is a 4th player. Plain and simple. He will not run away with the scoring championship of the Ontario Hockey League. But give the kid credit where it is due. He plays the role the coach tells him to. I cannot fault a kid, playing the role he was told to play. The kid is tough as nails. He can take a punch and not go down. I will agree the second fight was not necessary.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2