Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LETS LOOK TO NEXT YEAR WHO STAYS WHO GOES ??????

+4
mygens
archer_gens
gensman
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
8 posters

Go down

LETS LOOK TO NEXT YEAR WHO STAYS WHO GOES ?????? Empty LETS LOOK TO NEXT YEAR WHO STAYS WHO GOES ??????

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Looking to next year who stays , who goes
a proven winner in net would be a start

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

LETS LOOK TO NEXT YEAR WHO STAYS WHO GOES ?????? Empty Re: LETS LOOK TO NEXT YEAR WHO STAYS WHO GOES ??????

Post by gensman Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:35 pm

How about a major 'uptick' in the coaching department? The Gennies are in dire need of professional coaching and development in all departments! The 'experiment' is over! Big draft picks are on their way and it is critical that the right 'proven' mentor and leader is in place to sign them and mold them into winning franchise players! This is NO time to hope that the present coaching staff develops or eventually 'figures it all out!'

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

LETS LOOK TO NEXT YEAR WHO STAYS WHO GOES ?????? Empty Re: LETS LOOK TO NEXT YEAR WHO STAYS WHO GOES ??????

Post by archer_gens Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:14 am

Keep the Defence.

Keep 1 of two goalies.

Gut the forwards.
-Keep 6 of 12
-Thomas, Berger, Brown, plus 3 more. Then have a rookie line. Pick up 2 if not 3 forwards.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:28 am

yes , we lose again , basically securing 3rd pick overall in first round , do we still own our own second round pick ? anybody know ?

first thing this organization needs to do before draft is fire dipiero , he has got to go , we have the worst goals against in the league , and he's supposed to be a defense first coach , he's brutal .......and as manager no better , we basically lost 2 seconds last year that didnt show up , no no no .........you dont take such a chance when your team is as weak as ours is , and rebuilding ! ........as far as players go .....bring back thomas , berger , jenner , bailie , dehart , dehaan, two or 3 young defense from this year , the rest try to replace including brown .this team needs new "culture ; get rid of brown , stokes , espostos ,all the old boys that dont show up to play most nights .....i know a some of you are brown fans , but hey , check out his plus minus ......he;s a vet , not good enough as an overage , unless you dont have a better option .

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:26 am

Coaching is all about getting the MOST out of YOUR players - instead of the other way around. ALL players want to 'show up' to learn and win each night in this loop! My question is 'why' are some players NOT bringing their best? There is ALWAYS 2 sides to every sporting story and this team is no exception! The key is the skill, communication, and chemistry that the coaches bring and have with ALL their players. If there are break downs in any of these components the energy and effectiveness of the team is reflected in their track record! It is then obvious to all the move that ownership needs to take!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:52 am

We only have 3 players who can come back as an O A

Brown - Berger and De Hart - all must return - we don't need to trade away another draft pick for someone else's 4 th or 5th best O A

You can only play 4 drafted players and we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds - Our 1 st 2nd and 3 3rds - maybe last yrs picks might be ready

You will not get any help on the trade front - just picking up other teams 4th or 5th liners - is no help

Last edited by Gens Camper on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:11 am

I agree with all the comments above and with most of those on a similar thread (This does not...). Keep the four young rookies from last year's draft. Get four players in this year's draft and play them. There are 4-6 good/excellent players on this year's team in addition to them but get rid of Stokes, Brown, Esposto, Terreri, Clark and Padulo. I don't know how you replace them, but they are deadwood. Berger is okay but he is 20: you don't build around 20 year olds plus he takes up two positions, import and overager thus eliminating your options. Find two good Euros, like Burmistrov who can score. Play all the youngsters and then in Jan. trade DeHaan and any other overagers or last year players for more youth. Suffer through the rest of the year with the inexperience. And, oh yes, get a new coach and GM. I stood behind Chris until recently but I could have handled the GM position in terms of player acquisition as well as he! Sorry Chris , you had your chance but winning 4 games or so out of 20 just doesn't cut it! Fresh blood (players) fresh management, a fresh outlook and new practices are needed. Time to clear house at all levels!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:33 am

Jaycro - we are rebuilding you just can't dump 12 players and start over - some players mature at a different rate than others

Berger is the best import we have had in over 10 yrs - the cost of an import is very high

A new team of coaches will create a better team chemistry - BUT we did have the 2nd youngest team in the OHL

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:56 am

LOOKS LIKE WE ALL AGREE ........DIPIERO HAS TO GO , I HOPE THE GENS ORGANIZATION IS PAYING ATTENTION !!!!

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:29 pm

It will be an uphill battle but with the right staff and players in place very possible to succeed. It may not take as long as one may think if the 'right' chemistry & moves are made!

Last edited by gensman on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chamoo Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:30 pm

Alright, if Dipiero has to go, who replaces him?

Chamoo

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Ex Guelph Storm coach & gm Dave Barr (if available) wud be sweet! He wud be worth paying for! Message to Ownership: (Beg to get him!)

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:42 pm

dave Barr , yes

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:14 pm

We all agree? You mean the three or four that keep ranting about the coaching constitutes "We all"? Saying something over and over again doesn't make it more true.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:21 pm

I am convinced their are more than 3 or 4
Maybe in the " let protect the coach it snot his team " camp of which you belong their are 3 or 4

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:40 pm

Is Ted Nolan available or would he not be a good fit? He may be past his "best before date" and I think he is currently tied up in some capacity. Also, Gens Camper, you are right on..you can't "dump" 12 players as there is no way to replace them without picking up someone else's discards as pointed out above. We don't want other team's 4th or 5th overagers. But of those players I mentioned in my previous post, move four and replace them with your top four picks and hopefully one or two of our picks from last year's 4-6 rounds and look for two 92's or 93's that slipped through their respective drafts. That along with a second Euro would bring us up to the 22 or so player complement for next year. Another player we lost this year was that defenceman, Koudys, who was pretty committed to going the college route..yet another lost body in another gamble. I think he would have made our team this year ahead of Hope. As an afterthought maybe we should look into Jacques Beaulieu, the defence coach in London who returned their this year from a head coaching job in St John/ St.Johns in the Q!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Given that there are maybe 10 people who post frequently about the coaching in total and perhaps a couple of others who do so infrequently, the accurate number for both sides of this debate would not be much higher than 3 or 4.

As for who stays, who goes, I just posted this on another topic but it seems to apply here more so I'll just copy it:

The following players have all played well enough to earn lots of ice time next year and are not only better but show signs of being ELITE players next year: Valentine, Jenner, Thomas.

The following have showed enough promise that they might be part of a strong supporting cast, haven't proven themselves yet but deserve an opportunity to show what they can do with another season of experience: Labardo, Pachis, Stokes, Alcock, Bailie, Zador, Clark

I haven't watched the defense closely enough or seen enough of Hope, Suellentrop, Wilson or McDowell to really comment but their young age means they could still definitely have a successful career.

Hopefully they also get DeHart and DeHaan back next year and maybe Berger too. Add on a couple of players from the first couple of rounds and I like what I see.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:23 pm

'I like what I see.' ??? What the heck happened to inheriting a slug roster? What happened to the cupboard being bare? What happened to no offense? Things lookin' better now with a coaching review imminent? Sounds like yur changing yur mind like Dips changes lines! And speakin' of which ... you have never added what u think Dips has added to the mix since he has arrived!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Who's responsible for the acquisition of all the players I mentioned? The promise comes from the promising young players being a year older being supported by future draft picks and some of the players from the old regime being on their way out.

And there is no coaching review imminent, you've just convinced yourself that this was the case because you keep saying it over and over again.

Why don't you keep telling yourself that you're gonna win the 6/49? I'm sure your jackpot win is imminent.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Dips was a major part of the Smellwood regime. He was being groomed as heir apparent for some unknown reason. He would have had major input at the draft table! He sure knew why and what he was getting. The unacceptable fact is that Dips has done nothing/very little over the 4 years to develop and incorporate them into the lineup. That ain't great coaching where I come from! And in this situation I don't think a lot of 'coaching review' is really that necessary!

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down