Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kudos to the GENS owners

+4
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
hockeybeats
gensman
Gens Camper
8 posters

Go down

Kudos to the GENS owners Empty Kudos to the GENS owners

Post by Gens Camper Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:44 pm

I heard last night on the radio that the team did everything to help the boys win last night in Ottawa

Yes the team arrived in Ottawa on Thursday and rested in order to have as much energy as possible for the game.

Yes the GENS tradition of hard work was there last night BUTthe result needed was not meant to be.

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Kudos to the GENS owners Empty Re: Kudos to the GENS owners

Post by gensman Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:02 pm

I have confidence in ownership to do the right things. The have a vested interest to do so. They know the time is now!

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:18 pm

They also flew in Berger's family for a recent weekend and gave them the royal treatment to demonstrate that they really want him to return next year.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Don't tell me he wants to fly the coop now! Shocked

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:28 pm

There were alot of things that current and previous ownership did for these kids and their parents .These kids were treated like stars in every way other than monetary .They have nothing to complain about

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:28 pm

No but with any import, they have a choice whether to play here or at home and making the player feel appreciated helps with that decision.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:40 pm

That type of 'reassurance' raises red flags that we may have a tough time getting him back! pale

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:43 pm

He's also an OA ... I don't see why anyone would infer from this that Berger wants out or something ... believe it or not, there is some sort of negotiation with all OA's and all import players on all teams.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:59 pm

When u gotta 'fly in' Mom and Dad from Europe to convince them their OA son is much 'appreciated' u just know there's an issue in there someplace. If he bolts like Parnham, without a return, now how do you feel? Let me guess ...it's all about time and cycle! cyclops

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:56 pm

That's one way to look at it, as being "reactive." Perhaps being reactive to a hint that's been dropped, some sort of notion that he may not return. On the other hand maybe it's a "proactive" measure. To show mom, dad et. al. that this is the classy organization that they thought it was and it indeed would be in his best interest stick around next year.....something to validate the original decision to come here.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:03 pm

If Berger bolts should Dips become de-active? affraid

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:52 pm

If you were Berger, would you stay?

Oshawa is a joke. The new owners have a chance to right the ship. Will they?

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:48 am

I thought it was an obvious proactive measure but I guess I shouldn't have mentioned it to the cynical bunch that is found here.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:02 am

stop cheering for us then OGF and go back to peterborough
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:01 am

archer_gens wrote:stop cheering for us then OGF and go back to peterborough

archer_gens, I am not going anywhere. I think you are referring to my post in the other thread, but anyway, I said 'Go Petes Go' for a couple of reasons. First was to get some people going on the board (and it seems to have worked) and second, the Gens are done for the year. I am a Junior hockey fan. I will not stop watching because the Gens are out. Since I was from Peterborough way back when, it is natural that I will keep a close eye on them now that Oshawa is out. I am sure Beats won't stop watching now that Oshawa is out as he had ties with both St Mikes and Ottawa. I have been a Gens fan for much longer than I was a Petes fan.

I will also comment on the coaching. I agree with alot of what Beats says about the rebuild, for sure it doesn't happen over night. We won't win it all next year either, but we should be able to compete. The difference I have there, is I wouldn't continue with Dips and he would. I believe Dips has had enough time to show improvement and that has not happened. I would not have kept Dips when Selwood was let go, I would have canned the entire coaching staff then. I am not like some of the others, as I will continue to follow this team regardless of who is coaching. Every one has an opinion, and mine is to bring in some fresh blood.

I have to ask a question to the folks that want Graves and Deboer involved in coaching and GM. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the same people who want them in, the same people who thought owners should back off and leave the hockey to the people that were hired to do the job?

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:34 pm

I agree whole heartedly.
Can we ALL be expected to be like single minded long suffering Leaf fans who pay the big $$$ (just as we are) to visit the ACC for their weekly punishment and view it as a privilege? A team that has gone thru at least 10 three year losing cycles IN A ROW combined with the last 7 straight years of missing the playoffs without a meaningful team to show for itself - and now is missing the next two years #1 draft picks because they refused to hire skill to develop and improve their system! Is it too much to ask for leadership that knows what it is doing?
If the Gen's job was done 'right' in the first place, as I vehemently stated here at the time to much consternation I may add, (but probably wasn't 'cause the team was tight for $$$ and was paying the salaries of 3 head coaches) we would be 2 years further along the development curve and winning cycle instead of now starting all over again. Now more than likely top draft picks would be far easier to sign, OA's would happily return, we would be where the 'smiling' Petes are now, and most importantly cheering for an exciting playoff run ... rather than explaining and rationalizing the pile of frustrations/errors that have been accumulated! study

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gensfansec114 Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Bringing in a import players parents is common practice through out the leagues elite teams. It can be looked at from many ways I suggest we look at it as the Generals ownership realize that this is an elite team move (especially in Kitchener - DeBoer) where they bring in players parents, US and Europe throughout the season. In Kitchener they also hand the Import players country flag beside the Canadian and American flags during the national anthem These are classy acts that not only help a player commit but get people talking about good places to play. In Kelowna they drafted with their Import pick a couple years ago a player everyone said would never report - 2007 1st round pick 24th overall Mikeal Backlund. Everyone said this was a waste of a pick Hamilton the owner of the Rockets came forward and in a bold statement claimed if anyone can make him change his mind Kelowna can. They had a great relationship with the Flames and eventually he came sending the Rockets to the Mem Cup. These are moves that elite teams make. This could and I hope is a great start.
How many time did DeBoer bring some player out of nowhere that everyone thought would never choose the O?

Gensfansec114

Number of posts : 14
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Can't argue with most of that! The promotional work never ends. However, Berger has been here. He is a known quantity. He knows the situation and the lay of the land. It's not like you are trying to convince him or his family for the 'first time' what benefit a move' across the pond' will bring. It smells and awful lot like Berger has' stated his case,' has more 'preferable' options, and this is yet more collateral damage. And being perhaps one of the Gen's top Euro draft picks ever let's hope I'm dead wrong! jocolor

gensman

Back to top Go down

Kudos to the GENS owners Empty Not sure why any GENS fans would

Post by Gens Camper Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Not sure why any GENS fans would cheer for the PETES

They pounded us last night - ran up the score - rubbed it in for no reason

This is a GENS rant board not a PETES BOARD

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Gens Camper wrote:Not sure why any GENS fans would cheer for the PETES

They pounded us last night - ran up the score - rubbed it in for no reason

This is a GENS rant board not a PETES BOARD

Actually I know quite a few. I also know a bunch of Petes fans that cheer for Oshawa when the Petes are out of the playoffs. I have heard comments from people at the games quite often (Oshawa and Peterborough) along the lines of people wanting both teams to compete hard and be near the top. Do I/they cheer for a different team while the team you are a fan of is still alive....NO. There is nothing better than a Game 7 playoff game between the Gens and the Petes. It is much better than the display we saw last night. As I have already stated, I am a Gens fan. I will cheer for the Petes ONLY AFTER THE GENS ARE OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS. Do you still follow the OHL after the Gens are out? Do you cheer for a certain team? It is alot more fun cheering for a team. When (not if) the Petes are toast, I will take a look at who is remaining and follow someone else. I am a Gens fan first, but I am also a hockey fan and will watch until the Memorial Cup is awarded.

Cheers!!!

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:22 pm

I remember a few years ago JT era when Oshawa just demolished the petes in the first couple of minutes of the game , drove the goalie, lots of fights , lots of goals and emotion , I think Oshawa won big and rubbed it in It happens with the most intense rivalries *( THIS BEING ONE OF THEM ) .

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down