Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special addition Sportszone tonght with Mike Luck

+3
hockeybeats
Gens Camper
UGENS
7 posters

Go down

Special addition Sportszone tonght with Mike Luck Empty Special addition Sportszone tonght with Mike Luck

Post by UGENS Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:00 pm

Mike emailed me to let my spread the word David Branch and Rocco Tullio are the two guests in this special hour long show tonight at 9pm on rogers cable 10.

It's a season wrap-up/playoff preview. But our guests will include David Branch and Rocco Tullio! And we will be opening the phonelines (1-888-ROGERS-Cool for questions for both,although for technical reasons you won't be able to ask questions directly to Rocco, but if anyone has a question they'd like me to ask, they can email me, (mike@ckdo.ca) or post it on the board and I will do my best to ask it.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Special addition Sportszone tonght with Mike Luck Empty Mr Branch -

Post by Gens Camper Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:04 pm

My ? to Mr Branch would be -

Why doesn't the OHL adopt an in or out rule

All players to be drafted should sign in to be drafted

We have to end players not reporting but being drafted

RE - Lessio & Biggs

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Special addition Sportszone tonght with Mike Luck Empty Re: Special addition Sportszone tonght with Mike Luck

Post by hockeybeats Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:27 pm

I like the rule in principle but there would be nothing to stop a player from saying they're "in" to reserve a spot and then bolting anyways. The only real solution would be a working agreement between the CHL and the NCAA but that would never happen.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Special addition Sportszone tonght with Mike Luck Empty Re: Special addition Sportszone tonght with Mike Luck

Post by Generalizations Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:13 pm

hockeybeats wrote:The only real solution would be a working agreement between the CHL and the NCAA but that would never happen.

Agreed, and no chance of happening. The NCAA will not budge on the matter of stipends.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:23 pm

It's past my bedtime. Sleep
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:37 pm

I'm curious if people think that the U.S. winning world jr. gold does any harm to the CHL's chances of landing certain prospects that may be otherwise considering going the NCAA route............
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:07 am

Did any one watched Sportzone if so please post as I can't watch the program as I have Shaw Direct Crying or Very sad
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:38 am

Yes - first 30 minutes was Mr.Branch- who did not like the adopt in rule as players freedom is gone but offered no way out of this mess of drafting players then not reporting.

The last 30 started with interview with Roger L - who stated our Big problem was in net this year

Then some phone calls and some even suggesting drafting a Big guy on Defense - my hope is with our 1st and 2nd pick we get bigger faster forwards who can score then a big DEE then a puck stopper

Next yr we need someone to play with Jenner

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 am

Gens Camper wrote:Yes - first 30 minutes was Mr.Branch- who did not like the adopt in rule as players freedom is gone but offered no way out of this mess of drafting players then not reporting.

The last 30 started with interview with Roger L - who stated our Big problem was in net this year

Then some phone calls and some even suggesting drafting a Big guy on Defense - my hope is with our 1st and 2nd pick we get bigger faster forwards who can score then a big DEE then a puck stopper

Next yr we need someone to play with Jenner

Thanks Gen Camper for your condenced(sp) post. Next year we have some one to play with Jenner, Thomas & and hopefully Berger Very Happy
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Gens Fan 112 wrote:I'm curious if people think that the U.S. winning world jr. gold does any harm to the CHL's chances of landing certain prospects that may be otherwise considering going the NCAA route............
Just listen to what Don Cherry says about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMSwCo16VvY
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down