Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mem Cup 2011

+6
UGENS
steamed
hockeybeats
JokesandPranks
Gensfan1
archer_gens
10 posters

Go down

Mem Cup 2011 Empty Mem Cup 2011

Post by archer_gens Mon May 10, 2010 4:50 pm

If u didn't hear, the Majors will be the host of next years cup. Unfortunately I don't see us being in it, but you never know.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Mem Cup 2011 Empty Re: Mem Cup 2011

Post by Gensfan1 Mon May 10, 2010 8:56 pm

You never know whats going to happen with dips behind the bench.
Gensfan1
Gensfan1

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by JokesandPranks Mon May 10, 2010 11:59 pm

With Mississauga being awarded the Memorial Cup (a town who does not support their team), it really drives home the point on how Oshawa dropped the ball in not getting the Memorial Cup in 2008 ... arguably, the Gens had the two best players in the league (in JT and Del Zotto), a brand new arena, overwhelming community and corporate support ... it was there bid to lose and unfortunately they somehow did ... and today's announcement just reminded me of that fact!!!

JokesandPranks

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Tue May 11, 2010 3:47 am

One of the major factors for the Memorial Cup is hotel accommodation for all the attending teams, visitors and media. You mentioned several factors that made the Gens a favorite in 2008 but without the ability to be a fly on the wall as the committee was deciding, it's impossible to tell how much was the organization "dropping the ball" or the overwhelming lack of hotel accommodation in Oshawa. Yes, Whitby has hotels but not nearly enough and not near the arena at all. Just north of the 401 along Hurontario you have a Holiday Inn and a Hilton, walking distance from the arena not to mention several other hotels in Misssissauga and even by the airport a short drive for visitors flying in. As much as we like to think people will be okay with driving in from hotels in Ajax, Pickering and Toronto, this will always be a strike against the Generals in any Memorial Cup bid even if the presentation is flawless.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue May 11, 2010 9:07 am

JokesandPranks wrote:With Mississauga being awarded the Memorial Cup (a town who does not support their team), it really drives home the point on how Oshawa dropped the ball in not getting the Memorial Cup in 2008 ... arguably, the Gens had the two best players in the league (in JT and Del Zotto), a brand new arena, overwhelming community and corporate support ... it was there bid to lose and unfortunately they somehow did ... and today's announcement just reminded me of that fact!!!

First the Memorial Cup is just not a local event, I can't wait for tickets to go on sale, like many fans of Junior hockey across the nation. I've been to quite a few Memorial Cups and it is a blast people, gather from all over Canada & USA for this event and what a great time they have so it's not about the town that dosn't support the team (I better you the attendance goes up next season for the Majors).
Yes we did problably have the two best players and a brand new arena but what the gens ownership thought that would be enough to earn the right to host the Cup they were wrong as well they didn't offer a bid or presentation that matched Kitheners don't get me wrong I was also upset that we weren't awarded to host but after going to the cup in Kitchener and seeing the product on the ice and how it was run off the ice Oshawa wasn't ready to host,they didn't do there home work just relyed on JT, MJ & new arena.This new ownership is doing it right by doing there home work to place a bid for the 2014 season. Very Happy
4 more sleeps till the Party starts Very Happy
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Tue May 11, 2010 12:01 pm

I'm inquiring now as to when packages will become available for other OHL fans and the cost of the packages. I go every year, but with it being this close some of you will just drive to it every day ,but it is more fun to stay at a hotel or motel with other fans from all over the CHL . I know when we go we have a blast . So any one interested, it will have to be a definite committment and money up front. Will get back to every one once I hear what they are doing for the cup in
Missy. In the mean Time I'm off to Brandon tonight. So Please behave in here, while I'm gone!!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Mem Cup 2011 Empty UGENS

Post by runner Tue May 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Have a great time in Brandon. We'll be watching & listening for you on TV

runner

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue May 11, 2010 1:59 pm

As of now the only Memorial Cup packages available are to the

St.Mike's season ticket holders and anyone signing up to be one

The price per ticket is the usual about $50.00 each on top of your season ticket

The fan radio reporting about $500.00 just for Memorial Cup tickets

Best bet is to wait - when the rush of about 200 sign up there will be lots of tickets

I went to see Barrie play game 4 at Missy - maybe 3,000 - mostly from Barrie

No one cares about it - The only reason they got the Cup is a rich owner with deep pockets

Last edited by Gens Camper on Tue May 11, 2010 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Tue May 11, 2010 3:42 pm

the only info I have received is if Oshawa fans want Memorial Cup packages is to buy season tickets to have Memorial Cup packages. This is the email I got on the subject.

As of now they would have to purchase season tickets to the Majors and the price will include Memorial Cup Tickets. Keon package (Red Seating Only) is $699.00 per seat plus taxes and service charges. Mahovlich package (Gold Seating Only) is $899.00 per seat plus taxes and services charges.

Oh and then pay for the Memorial Cup package on top of that price.
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Tue May 11, 2010 7:02 pm

UGENS wrote:the only info I have received is if Oshawa fans want Memorial Cup packages is to buy season tickets to have Memorial Cup packages. This is the email I got on the subject.

As of now they would have to purchase season tickets to the Majors and the price will include Memorial Cup Tickets. Keon package (Red Seating Only) is $699.00 per seat plus taxes and service charges. Mahovlich package (Gold Seating Only) is $899.00 per seat plus taxes and services charges.

Oh and then pay for the Memorial Cup package on top of that price.

That is not true. The package includes the Mem Cup tickets. Here is the Link...
http://www.stmichaelsmajors.com/hm/inside.php?sid=25&id=895

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Tue May 11, 2010 7:32 pm

There will be tickets available. The Majors NEED to use this. I don't know how many season ticket holders exactly but it's very low. I think the Generals have more season ticket holders than the Majors have for attendance at a typical game.

They will get a small boost in season ticket sales because of this but they have 2900 of these packages. They will not reach 2900. These remaining packages will then be made available to fans of other teams but it's a great idea what they are doing.

1. It gives their few loyal fans through the years first crack at the best seats.

2. It might encourage some locals to start supporting the OHL.

I think a bit of patience is in order and there will be tickets. However, from what was on the NOOF, they are already taking names for a waiting list for when non-season ticket Memorial Cup tickets become available so it's a good idea to get onto that list.

ogf is also right, those packages are $699 or $899 for full season tickets including the Memorial Cup.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Wed May 12, 2010 9:57 pm

According the Majors website, if other people want memorial cup tickets they need to fill out a form and submit it stating that they wish to purchase tickets. They are starting a waitlist.
I already signed up for the waitlist yesterday.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down