Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHL 2011 could be a reality

Go down

NHL 2011 could be a reality Empty NHL 2011 could be a reality

Post by archer_gens Wed May 19, 2010 12:11 pm

EA Sports plans to include Canadian Hockey League teams, including the Bathurst Titans, Saint John Sea Dogs and Moncton Wildcats, in a popular NHL video game.

Inclusion in the NHL 11 video hockey game hasn't been made official yet, but all Quebec Major Junior Hockey League teams have been asked to send in pictures of their rinks and jerseys.

"It's cool that EA takes some initiative and really listened to ther fans," said Sandy Lindsay, who manages Gamezilla on Saint John's west side. "They seem to have listened to their fans."

Fans will appreciate being able to play as their favourite Quebec Major Junior Hockey League player, said Lindsay.

'People are going to recognize the Sea Dogs logo in Dusseldorf and so it's kind of cool … '—Sea Dogs marketing director Rick Bowness Jr.
"They see them, they get an autograph from them. They want to be like them. And now they can play with them," he said.

The global exposure of a popular video game helps the team, and the league, said Rick Bowness Jr., marketing and communications director of the Saint John Sea Dogs.

"We have players from overseas," he said. "So do all the other teams in the CHL also, so they're really kind of enforcing the notion of the global village within the hockey community, which is obviously beneficial from our standpoint.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

NHL 2011 could be a reality Empty Re: NHL 2011 could be a reality

Post by archer_gens Sat May 22, 2010 2:29 pm

Its Official

Ea Sports signs 4 year deal, CHL teams will be included in the game starting this September.

The League gets paid 0$ as do the players, however they are calling it a good promotional tool and I agree.

I for one hope that means the use of actual players names so that I don't have to edit all the players Smile
)
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 23, 2010 9:38 pm

i can't wait till it comes on sept 14h this year

Back to top Go down