Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There will be no Radio broadcasts this year.

+15
mygens
Kevy
ogf
southernfan
drifter
Generalizations
hockeybeats
Lefty
stiffya74
archer_gens
runner
neillove
Gens Fan 112
steamed
UGENS
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

There will be no Radio broadcasts this year. Empty There will be no Radio broadcasts this year.

Post by UGENS Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm curious how everyone feels about this. The team and the radio station have not been able to come to terms for this season, so there will be no radio broadcasts. Yes I know it's on cable, but not every one in this area has cable, but can get the radio broadcast.

I for one will miss hearing the games on the radio, when I'm not at the games. I much prefered to hear Rob and Mike than the opposition guys, spin on the road games.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

There will be no Radio broadcasts this year. Empty Re: There will be no Radio broadcasts this year.

Post by steamed Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:13 pm

I for one won't miss the radio broadcasts as I don't like listening to Rob broadcasting games.
This is my opinion as the ? was asked how everyone feels.
Plus I'm at every home game and if can't be there I'm either sick or have family matters to attend.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

There will be no Radio broadcasts this year. Empty Re: There will be no Radio broadcasts this year.

Post by Gens Fan 112 Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:21 pm

This is very disappointing............I always listen to the away games on the radio (or over the net.) This year my son is (probably) playing rep hockey and my attendance may be drastically cut. I was counting on radio broadcasts to keep me informed.....I guess I will have to rely on the opponents web-casts when applicable.

I know there are lots of people who aren't fans of Rob Snoek.........I for one think he has the best goal-call in all of hockey!
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by neillove Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Our nephew used to play for the Gens. Although he has moved on we all have continued our support of Gens hockey. Many of the family live in the country and even outside of Canada. Even though there's no cable in the country or OHL coverage in the USA we always were able to get the broadcasts on the radio via the internet feed. This is really upsetting to all of us. Hopefully they'll work something out. I would agree that Snoek has one of the best "goal" voices out there and he and Mike were outstanding representatives of OHL hockey.

neillove

Number of posts : 41
Seat Section : 118
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by runner Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:08 pm

As a season ticket holder this is quite upsetting. I listen to 20+ games a year on radio. There are many games i'm unable to make and listen to them on radio.

I live outside Durham Region, don't have Rogers and therefore can't watch them on TV. Wonder whether the Gens will give me a special deal to buy the OHL internet package (-:

runner

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Terrible news for the Gens.

This shrinks there foot print to oshawa only. There are many followers outside the durham region and anyone who has bell can't see or here the games now.

It leaves Gens fans in the cold when it comes to games not broadcast as well.

It amazes me that at the end of last season they finally had the broadcasts in the building, and now they don't have a broadcast at all.

If i'm the Gens I would give what it takes to get the Gens on the radio this season, theres more then one way to do this. Maybe they need to find volunteers and get a webcast going instead.

Does anyone know a list of teams with webcasts for this season?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:47 pm

I also liked listening to postgame while sitting in the parking garage/driving home.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by stiffya74 Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:48 pm

I am very disappointed there is no radio.I now work out of town and on game nights there was no way I could be back in Oshawa for the games. I spent many a night coming home from Lindsay listening to the games. Now I have no way to see or here the games unless I go or get the internet package..Or go to my dad's and watch the rogers feed...another sad day..first no true daily paper with OHL stuff and no radio... Evil or Very Mad

stiffya74

Number of posts : 24
Seat Section : standing room (when not working!)
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:53 pm

This is disappointing. I currently live out of province and listen to many Gens games on the radio website.
Lefty
Lefty

Number of posts : 60
Seat Section : Anywhere in the GMC
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:52 pm

I'm disappointed too. I don't actually get CKDO from where I currently live but the online broadcast was how I'd listen to many of the away games. I wonder if this means that there's no more "Name that Oldies" tune during promotional timeouts.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:28 am

CKDO won't be a sponsor this year I gurantee it, and thats me putting all my eggs in one basket without any info to back it up.

If you see CKDO as a sponsor opening night, then I would have to assume that they were still negotiating for radio broadcasts. When contracts end there can be bad blood, why would they work together in one respect and not in the other.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:32 am

This is a major let down for me. Radio games are so much more convenient than sitting down and watching a television.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:43 am

What is the problem exactly that a radio deal can not be worked out?

Not good.

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:58 am

This is terrible. I think everyone on the board here. Should email or call both the gens and CKDO and let them know how we feel. I for one sit and listen to most of the away games. That I'm not at. Are the gens really trying to pee off us the fans? Disgraceful.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by southernfan Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:43 am

That's really disappointing news for us too. We listen to the games on the internet all the time here in Georgia. I hope this is not a done deal and they can work something out.

southernfan

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:57 am

This is very disappointing. The Gens should keep moving forward, not go backwards. I have the Action Pac, so usually watch the away games on TV, but do listen to the post game for home and away on the radio.

For those of you with internet connections, there is a fix. You can listen to the broadcast of the opposition. I know it is not as fun and can be sometimes irritating; however the option is there to listen to the game when you have internet access.

If I recall, wasn't the same thing said last year or at least over the past few years. I seem to remember the same storyline in the past.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Not all teams have radio broadcasts though right?

I assume we are not the only team.

Also don't they do a Gens show weekday mornings or something, i'm never at a radio that early but people are always saying they heard this or that on the radio.

I'm assuming that if they aren't broadcasting games, they won't be doing news and or interviews (whatever they were doing) this year.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:48 pm

I tried to find out more about what was happening with no radio broadcast and was told to direct my inquiries to Steve Kassey VP of the station. You can email him at steve@kx96.fm . So if you want them to know how you feel about this I suggest you start emiling both Steve and the team I guess.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:19 pm

archer_gens wrote:Not all teams have radio broadcasts though right?

I assume we are not the only team.

Also don't they do a Gens show weekday mornings or something, i'm never at a radio that early but people are always saying they heard this or that on the radio.

I'm assuming that if they aren't broadcasting games, they won't be doing news and or interviews (whatever they were doing) this year.

De Piero was usually a guest on the morning show with Terry Johnston, I think it was on Mondays if I remember correctly. That doesn't have to necessarily stop. TSN no longer airs Blue Jay games but they still show Jays highlights and talk about baseball on Sportscentre. I am curious about this, I didn't see it coming at all.

Another thing that's possible, the Majors used to have an online webcast with Roger Lajoie that wasn't on the radio, strictly the internet. This was back in 2001 or 2002, I'm not sure if they still do that or if it's viable for teams without radio.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

There will be no Radio broadcasts this year. Empty darn

Post by Guest Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:04 pm

This is BS, as i dont have rogers

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:37 pm

The only reason I have Rogers, I don't like them, but what can u do.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:34 pm

I spoke to someone while at work today, who was driving a ckdo van. She said that they were in negotiations with the Generals and talks just broke down....also she mentioned to contact the Generals about this...which is what I think everyone should do. Let them know how we feel
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:06 am

We need the gens on the radio period ! We all can stay in tune and step with the team that way, the team is wasting their money on the Website as far as i' m concerned , put that money to much better use , keep the games live on the air , it's part of the whole experience., no radio will hurt home game attendance believe it or not in my view,!

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:55 am

archer_gens wrote:The only reason I have Rogers, I don't like them, but what can u do.

I have no interest at all in Rogers. The radio is the only way I keep up with the away games unless I drive to the opposing team's arena. I might just go to 34 road games this year, LOL.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:34 am

ya that sucks hopefully they get it solved before the season begins i usually listen to the preshow and post game show mostly and plus i have the ohl action pak so i usally watch most away games unless i'm there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next