Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GENS need to be on the radio

+4
Hayes#21
ohagan
hockeybeats
Gens Camper
8 posters

Go down

GENS need to be on the radio Empty GENS need to be on the radio

Post by Gens Camper Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:26 pm

This has gone on too long - as fans we need to push this issue to whoever will listen - Gens mgmt. - radio mgmt - sponsers whoever

This is a real issue - why do I want to listen on the other teams feed - how can I do this in my car if I wanted to - Gens mgmt feel everyone watches Rogers cable 10

I didn't know Rogers had shares in the GENS - We need the radio coverage to promote the team - does the team not see this

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

GENS need to be on the radio Empty Re: GENS need to be on the radio

Post by hockeybeats Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:50 pm

Of course they know broadcasts are important. There's just a difference of opinion in what the content is worth from the perspective of CKDO and the Gens and maybe there are less sponsors for the radio broadcast as well, perhaps that plays a factor in the bottom line. From what I hear from some older folks around the rink, this happens every few years. The last time, they started picking up games for the playoffs and then signed a long-term deal after that. We'll see if something happens like that. At the end of the day, both sides have drawn a line in the sand as to how much a Generals radio broadcast should be worth. Who will cave in to the demands of the other?

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:16 pm

Gens Camper wrote:This has gone on too long - as fans we need to push this issue to whoever will listen - Gens mgmt. - radio mgmt - sponsers whoever

This is a real issue - why do I want to listen on the other teams feed - how can I do this in my car if I wanted to - Gens mgmt feel everyone watches Rogers cable 10

I didn't know Rogers had shares in the GENS - We need the radio coverage to promote the team - does the team not see this

Beats has it right on with regards to whats going on with the behind the scenes story. I agree with what you are saying Gens Camper, this is something we as fans should rise up and voice our opinion on. Last time the Gens were in Ottawa their radio station broadcasted a Senators preseason game and not the 67"s, and with me not having Rogers, I missed the game. I still think we should start with a petition and get as many signatures as possible at the games and then go from there. The Gens games belong on the radio 100%

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:27 pm

A petition sounds good...but it is easier to complain than really do anyhing about it. This is not a shot at anyone on this board, but the majority of people , enjoy complaining but won't put their name to the complaint if asked.

I would. And many would on this board,but the support we think we have from talking to people at the arena..will disappear fast...when you ask them to put their name to it. That is the sad part.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Hayes#21 wrote:A petition sounds good...but it is easier to complain than really do anyhing about it. This is not a shot at anyone on this board, but the majority of people , enjoy complaining but won't put their name to the complaint if asked.

I would. And many would on this board,but the support we think we have from talking to people at the arena..will disappear fast...when you ask them to put their name to it. That is the sad part

There must be someway our voice can be heard, or maybe Hayes#21 is right, just easier to complain and do nothing. Can we rise up and do something about this? Or are we just beating a dead horse here?

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:34 pm

I think I remember a year where the Gens got to the Memorial Cup when there was an issue with radio broadcasts before. A good omen perhaps? Very Happy

Wasn't that the situation in 1997 when the Gens went to the Memorial Cup in Hull after winning the OHL championship over the Ottawa 67's (anyone else remember Marc Savard scoring 17 seconds into OT at the Civic in game 6! Very Happy)...something was put together to get all the Gens OHL playoff and subsequent Memorial Cup games on the radio, but I don't think we had any regular season radio coverage that year. On one hand, I'd like radio broadcasts this season as much as the next Gens fan, but if history was to repeat itself...Laughing

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:29 pm

I think the fans are important - The GENS mgmt must help the radio station come up with sponsors if that is the problem.

We can't wait until we are in game 7 of the OHL finals to get the radio back
or say OH well this happens every 15 yrs.

The General Motors Center was built by individuals signing petitions to have the city come to their senses and build it because that is what the people wanted, I know I was helping to get it done.

I would sign a petition for sure - I believe if the radio station and the Gens mgmt really knew how many people listen they too would come to their senses and get it done.

Heck - I would even volunteer to call the game

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JokesandPranks Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:08 pm

This decision is also affecting the younger generation as my kids would always go to bed listening to the games on the radio - now they listen to either the Leafs games or the Sabres games at bedtime - therefore, the Gens better becareful, out of sight, out of mind!

JokesandPranks

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:02 pm

This is simply a money issue. It costs money to put on the broadcast and the advertising dollars were not enough to cover. If the Gens wanted to buy the time they could and do the broadcasts and sell the ads.

Neither side was prepared to make the deal that was right for the other side.

I agree that they are both making a mistake. There are many Gens fans who do not have access to the Rogers broadcasts.

Email the Gens and the station. steve@kx96.fm is the guy at the station.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by moose Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:29 pm

Hayes#21 wrote:A petition sounds good...but it is easier to complain than really do anyhing about it. This is not a shot at anyone on this board, but the majority of people , enjoy complaining but won't put their name to the complaint if asked.

I would. And many would on this board,but the support we think we have from talking to people at the arena..will disappear fast...when you ask them to put their name to it. That is the sad part.

Id sign a petition and so would the 6 people i sit with.............................

moose

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down