Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are again at the bottom - no radio coverage

+3
blakejo
ohagan
Gens Camper
7 posters

Go down

We are again at the bottom - no radio coverage Empty We are again at the bottom - no radio coverage

Post by Gens Camper Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:17 am

Well we are again in select company as most teams do have radio coverage - Sad that this is happening

Here is a list of teams and coverage

--------------------------------------------------------

Team Radio Station Web Site
Barrie Colts
Bellevile Bulls CJBQ 800am www.cjbq.com
Brampton Battalion
Erie Otters WFNN 1330 www.ottershockey.com
Guelph Storm 1460 CJOY www.cjoy.com
Kingston Frontenacs 88.7 MyFM www.myfmradio.ca/887
Kitchener Rangers News 570 AM www.570news.com
London Knights CJBK 1290 AM www.cjbk.com/knights
Mississauga St. Michael's Majors The Haze FM.ca www.thehazefm.ca
Niagara IceDogs CFLZ-FM 105.1 www.river.fm
Oshawa Generals AM1580 / FM107.7 www.ckdo.ca
Ottawa 67's Team 1200/CFRA www.team1200.com
Owen Sound Attack Bayshore Broadcasting (560) www.560cfos.ca
Peterborough Petes 100.5 Kruz FM www.kruzfm.ca
Plymouth Whalers 88.1 FM WSDP www.mediaontap.com/sports/plymouth_whalers.php
Saginaw Spirit Saginawspirit.com www.saginawspirit.com
Sarnia Sting 103.9 / CHOK Radio (1070) www.chok.com
Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds Rock 101 (101.3 FM) www.rock101.net
Sudbury Wolves K95.5 FM www.kfmradio.ca
Windsor Spitfires AM800 CKLW www.am800cklw.com

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

We are again at the bottom - no radio coverage Empty Re: We are again at the bottom - no radio coverage

Post by ohagan Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:55 pm

i read a story online at durham news about no radio coverage for the gens this year. the story goes on about money issues and who is going to pay to air the games. they were basically saying that gens broadcasts are not a money making venture and who ever payys to air the games will lose money. but the story did say all games will be webcasted via the gens website but this year we will only get the oppositions feed. and the barrie and brampton games will not be on due to they dont have radio broadcasts either

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

We are again at the bottom - no radio coverage Empty Re: We are again at the bottom - no radio coverage

Post by blakejo Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:11 pm

Yes, I emailed Rob Snoek (CKDO) last week - here is his response:

"Sadly you have heard correctly... at this point there is no deal between the Generals and Durham Radio (which owns all 3 Oshawa stations)... so unless there is an 11th hour agreement there will be no radio broadcasts. Obviously, this is not good news for Oshawa fans or radio broadcasters.

Fans certainly have the right to speak up ... every phonecall/letter/email has value."

http://oshawagenerals.com/page/staff_directory
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:17 pm

The gens site will broadcast all games using rogers audio feed, and the other teams broadcasts.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:32 pm

i still say we should start a petition on opening night

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:33 pm

Well I sent e-mails to the gens site and CKDO.

I have yet to hear a response from either side. At least one person was nice enough to answer. It appears the balance of our e-mails are being ignored.

I am not impressed. I expected a fluffy, generic letter and didn't even get that.

Here is a question...how much money does CKDO make on any of the other programming they do? I would bet they had the most listeners when the gens games were being broadcast, versus the regular daily programming they run. So if they are not making money with the gens broadcasting, then they are most likely not making any money on any other broadcasts either. This is not making sense.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:50 pm

i only listen to ckdo when gens games on, maybe in the morning to catch gens or sports news but other than that im elsewhere. but my buddy was tellin me that kx 96 recapped the gens but so far they have not said a word about the gens this year

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:09 pm

I emailed both the team and the station. Steve Karsay replied saying they just could not work out a deal. No response from the team.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:18 pm

i guess its more growing pains for longtime gens fans, i love the gmc its agreat arena but the civic was way more fan friendly and not so corporate

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by JokesandPranks Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:57 pm

archer_gens wrote:The gens site will broadcast all games using rogers audio feed, and the other teams broadcasts.

Unfortunately, those options don't work for those who listen to the games on the radio while driving in the car - how sad is this, for the last two years, the Gens didn't make the playoffs, yet, their games were on the radio, now when it finally looks like they'll have a good team, their games will not be on the radio ... talk about a missed opportunity to promote and market a winning team

JokesandPranks

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:46 am

Tru, i dont have an i phone or blackberry, but that might be an option
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down