Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MUSIC AT GMC SEPT. 19 TH

+11
cj44
KHE
gensfan 2k2
Kevy
stiffya74
ohagan
archer_gens
blakejo
jaycro
hockeybeats
Peter_Puck
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MUSIC AT GMC SEPT. 19 TH Empty MUSIC AT GMC SEPT. 19 TH

Post by Peter_Puck Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:19 pm

Just wanted to quickly comment on the music last night. It was upbeat and enjoyable. Finely. Not sure if there was a new influence that led to this change hope it continues. Very Happy
Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

MUSIC AT GMC SEPT. 19 TH Empty Re: MUSIC AT GMC SEPT. 19 TH

Post by hockeybeats Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:30 pm

I've loaded new songs into the computer and re-organized a lot of the files so that they're easier to find ... but also, it wasn't me on Sunday because I was in Massachusetts for a wedding. So maybe I did good work leading up to the game or maybe it's simply because I wasn't there and it was someone else. Laughing

But out of curiosity, can you mention some specific songs that you enjoyed and would want to hear again?

Also, what did everyone think of the goal song? It's Bro Hymn by Pennywise. Do you prefer it to last year's or do you prefer the old one?

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

MUSIC AT GMC SEPT. 19 TH Empty MUSIC AT GMC SEPT. 19 TH

Post by Peter_Puck Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:41 pm

I suck at knowing the artists and songs. Question: Would you (hockeybeats) be able to find out what was played or is it randomly picked. I thought the boys responded well to to the music, there was no drop in the tempo or style of the music it all fit nicely together. Sorry I can`t be more specific. Great job!
Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:45 pm

I concur! The music was motivating and interesting. Seemed more upbeat than usual!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:56 pm

hockeybeats wrote:I've loaded new songs into the computer and re-organized a lot of the files so that they're easier to find ... but also, it wasn't me on Sunday because I was in Massachusetts for a wedding. So maybe I did good work leading up to the game or maybe it's simply because I wasn't there and it was someone else. Laughing

But out of curiosity, can you mention some specific songs that you enjoyed and would want to hear again?

Also, what did everyone think of the goal song? It's Bro Hymn by Pennywise. Do you prefer it to last year's or do you prefer the old one?

It was good - however both me and my Daughter thought it was alot of the same music played in NHL 11 - which is no bad thing unless you've already been playing half the day in taking the Gens to first place in the east! Very Happy
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:14 pm

I didn't like the goal song, I was tired of it after six goals lol.

I loved when u used to be able to play different goal songs.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:17 pm

haha we are gonna get sick of any goal song the way the generals are scoring

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by stiffya74 Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:19 pm

I didn't mind the goal song..thought it was something different..also like the wrestler music in the first I think when they were coming out..couldn't put my finger on it..like the ultimate warrior music..Also like the Black Hawks goal sog by Chelsea Dagger..as long as it isn't the goal song in erie..man I have nightmares with that song!

stiffya74

Number of posts : 24
Seat Section : standing room (when not working!)
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:22 pm

stiffya74 wrote:I didn't mind the goal song..thought it was something different..also like the wrestler music in the first I think when they were coming out..couldn't put my finger on it..like the ultimate warrior music..Also like the Black Hawks goal sog by Chelsea Dagger..as long as it isn't the goal song in erie..man I have nightmares with that song!

The name of that song IS Chelsea Dagger...by the Fratellis
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan 2k2 Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:37 pm

Are we going to have a little AC Dc? That always seems to pump up the crowd at the start of the game. (Thunder... Thunder)

As far as goal songs, way back when we went to the mem cup in 97 they played a great song after every goal. I can't remember the name (marc savard days)

How about a little U2 (ala montreal after they score). (I am not a Canadians fan either)

gensfan 2k2

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:38 pm

gensfan 2k2 wrote:Are we going to have a little AC Dc? That always seems to pump up the crowd at the start of the game. (Thunder... Thunder)

As far as goal songs, way back when we went to the mem cup in 97 they played a great song after every goal. I can't remember the name (marc savard days)

How about a little U2 (ala montreal after they score). (I am not a Canadians fan either)

Nooooooo. Stay away from the U2
Kevy
Kevy

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:44 pm

i agree, no u2, maybe the goal song volume could be turned up a bit more, not too much though

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:49 pm

hockeybeats wrote:Also, what did everyone think of the goal song? It's Bro Hymn by Pennywise. Do you prefer it to last year's or do you prefer the old one?

I personally prefer the old one.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by cj44 Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:29 pm

A lot of people around me were plugging their ears during the goal song, maybe because it was played 6 times, but also maybe it sounds like amp feedback. I really liked the Fratelli's tune from last year (a la Blackhawks). I agree with gensfan 2k2, I remember the goal song from the mem cup days being something that the whole crowd responded to. it was called "Rock and Roll Part 2" by Gary Glitter, which can be heard here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA6SiJ6FCVE
Now that was a great Generals tune and most of us think back to the good ol' playoff days.

I really like the tune Heave Away by The Fables, that was a good one on sunday night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdhdC0Mbqak&feature=related

cj44

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:42 pm

myself i dont know if they still played that rock n roll glitter song in 97 but i know they were playing that in the lindros days of early 90s, i have fond memories when i hear that song

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:53 pm

yes the music is refreshing, year after year u get to hear about cotton eye joe and stompin toms the good ol hockey game and life is life from opus, sure the games are differant but the music over the years has been like living a real life groundhog day movie over and over

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:03 pm

I didn't care for the goal song when I was hearing it during other games in past seasons. Never really liked it live on Sunday either. That, plus as said earier, I don't know if it needs to be equlaized better, but it was irratating to the ears.

As for goal songs, I took Scooters "jadore hardcore" and looped the chorus in my NHL 11, and I think its a pretty kickin' goal song Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJpoC-OwqRs&feature=channel
from 1:03 till around 1:16 looped. Get's me fired up Razz

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:03 pm

Thanks that Scooter one is awesome! Even if it doesn't make it in for a goal song, I will definitely use that for something. I like Rock n' Roll part two but it is kind of overdone and would definitely get old if played six times - but so would anything and that was a really good point if the Gens score as much as it looks like they might. If I can play five different songs like I used to, I would definitely include Gary Glitter as one of them.

Thanks for the feedback.

By the way, I'm assuming the wrestling theme was the Ultimate Warrior because the person who did the music absolutely loves that song. It wasn't new though, I played it last year a lot starting about halfway through the season but then stopped after a long losing streak. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by hockeybeats on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:06 pm

hockeybeats wrote:Thanks that Scooter one is awesome! Even if it doesn't make it in for a goal song, I will definitely use that for something. I like Rock n' Roll part two but it is kind of overdone and would definitely get old if played six times - but so would anything and that was a really good point if the Gens score as much as it looks like they might. If I can play five different songs like I used to, I would definitely include Gary Glitter as one of them.

Thanks for the feedback.

I kinda miss the playing of "Heart of A Champion" when the teams come out before puck drop
Kevy
Kevy

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:12 pm

and keep kiss-rock nroll all nite on your playlist, that good to hear at the games

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by GensGirl4Life Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Im a HUGE rocker girl, so when you play anything by Motley Crue, ( ie kickstart my heart), anything GNR, Metallica, Pearl Jam, ACDC, all the good tunes, im a rockin in my seat. I was disapointed to hear the new goal song( not the goals lol). Ive been waitin since march to hear Chelsea Dagger...by the Fratellis, i luv that tune !!.
GensGirl4Life
GensGirl4Life

Number of posts : 53
Seat Section : 119
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:06 pm

The best entrance that I have seen in Hockey was in the UK - Manchester Storm.

The arena lights would go low and the video screen would burst into life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BALP_nZ-G2w

The players would then come out as the video ends to dry ice and a crowd frenzy

Having said that Hockey in the UK was a lot more vocal - real singing from start to finish (bit like Toronto FC if you like)
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:34 pm

blakejo wrote:The best entrance that I have seen in Hockey was in the UK - Manchester Storm.

The arena lights would go low and the video screen would burst into life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BALP_nZ-G2w

The players would then come out as the video ends to dry ice and a crowd frenzy

Having said that Hockey in the UK was a lot more vocal - real singing from start to finish (bit like Toronto FC if you like)

Speaking of Toronto FC...everytime I hear Lucas Lessio's name I want to break out into the Danny Dichio chant cheers His name is perfect for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqaFXdEKso8&feature=related
Kevy
Kevy

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:37 pm

The most amazing thing about that video is that it's on the road!

His name is perfect, I would definitely keep the music silent if there was a chant of that calibre. For those not familiar with this chant, it's done at the same time every game which is the time Danny Dichio scored TFC's first-ever goal. It would work great with Lucas Lessio's name.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:03 am

Kevy
Kevy

Back to top Go down