Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dehann - chances of returning to - GENS - very slim

+9
Oshawa fan
hockeybeats
ohagan
Gens Fan 108
archer_gens
KHE
mygens
bigE88
Gens Camper
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dehann - chances of returning to - GENS - very slim - Page 2 Empty Re: Dehann - chances of returning to - GENS - very slim

Post by ohagan Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:06 pm

hockeybeats wrote:I'm an advocate of jumping one level at a time. I don't think a year of AHL would hurt anybody whether a first round or late-round pick. JT showed that he had nothing left to accomplish at the OHL level but there was nothing that indicated that he would be too dominant for the AHL. He would have gone there and scored lots of goals and learned how to score on adults rather than teenagers. His skating and defensive awareness was still too questionable to play at the NHL level. He didn't do too badly all things considering but I still think a year of minor pro would have been advantageous in the long-term.

JT had a good rookie season 24g 56 pts and he will only get better this year, and he is on a terrible team, in my opinion he belongs in the nhl and i look forward to following him again this season as i did last season. Lots of rookie forwards would love to have the success that J T had this past year and didnt.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Dehann - chances of returning to - GENS - very slim - Page 2 Empty Re: Dehann - chances of returning to - GENS - very slim

Post by Oshawa fan Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:00 pm

I don't think anyone is saying JT did not belong in the NHL. The point is he might have developed better with a year or even part of a season in the AHL. There are a number of very successful players who did that.

JT did just fine but I do agree his development might have been better if he had a part season in the A (or if he had better coaching in his early years in Oshawa but we don't need to open that can of worms ).
Very Happy

I look for JT to have a very strong year this season just as Stamkos did last year.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:08 pm

Thanks Oshawa fan, that is pretty much what I wanted to say, you worded it better. He played reasonably well but he might have been even better. I guess we will never know! I wish him well either way.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:09 am

Dehaan and the Islanders won 2-1 tonight, he wasn't part of the massacre that happened to the other half of the split squad. I found it odd that his ice time went down to only 9 minutes. This could mean injury? or they've already decided his fate, if they were making a decision on him still you would think they'd want to see him.

Cuts will need to be made quickly as the Islanders had at least 40 players in camp as of today and clearly can't have more then 23 come the start of the NHL season.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:43 am

Maybe his fate has already been sealed + they don't want to risk another injury
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:21 am

Six cuts were made, should be at least eleven more coming
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:51 am

The Islanders cut another 17 this morning bringing the roster down to 28. de Haan was NOT one of them. They have to get down to 23 by Wednesday at 3pm.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by newgensfan85 Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:54 am

well i know it was him and hamonic fighting for a spot at least thats what i read and now with hamonic being cut maybe thats a sign de Haan will not be back

newgensfan85

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Its hard to say, i haven't found an actual roster so I don't know how many of the final 4 cuts made will be forwards and how many defencemen.

That said Edmonton wants to get rid of Souray and the Rangers Redden, if either are put on re-entry the islanders could claim a quality defencemen for nothing.

Lets face it neither are amazing defencemen at the current price, but for half price they are reasonable options. Eklund says that Newyork has inquired as to whether Souray will be placed on re-entry waivers.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Triggerman Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:26 pm

Hamonic has been sent to Bridgeport, the Isles are now down to 27 players in camp, and I can tell you Calvin is not injured! The list is posted on www.islanderspointblank.com

Triggerman

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2