Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is for anyone who watched the game on Rogers

+8
generalsfan4life
stiffya74
archer_gens
Gens Fan 108
mygens
hockeynightinontario
UGENS
Gens Camper
12 posters

Go down

This is for anyone who watched the game on Rogers Empty This is for anyone who watched the game on Rogers

Post by Gens Camper Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:44 pm

The ? is Did they show the replay of Valentine slewfoot because from my vantage point in 114 - I didn't see it

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

This is for anyone who watched the game on Rogers Empty Re: This is for anyone who watched the game on Rogers

Post by UGENS Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:19 pm

I personally think it was a bogas call. I hope Our team appeals this one . Those two refs were inept the whole game.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

This is for anyone who watched the game on Rogers Empty Re: This is for anyone who watched the game on Rogers

Post by hockeynightinontario Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:21 am

I saw it well live and saw several replays once I got home. Totally a clean hit. I don't even know what the call was!! They announced slew foot, but clearly, it's not in any sense of the imagination. The ref signaled head check (thats what the TV guys saw too). It wasn't that either. So what was it?

I was there the night Liambas got banned for a clean hit. I was there the night Rinaldo got 12 playoff games for what was a borderline interference minor that did not result in any injury. Because both of those were match penalties, the suspensions were absurd. I anticipate 20-30'games for Valentine based on Branch's past wackiness.

If this isn't overturned, I'm not sure I can take this wimpified figure skating league any longer. I might just hold a ticket burning party. There's a point were the pain of watching far outweighs the enjoyment, and in this joke of the league, I'm way past that point.

hockeynightinontario

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:29 am

Didn't see the game , out of town all I know is that since jeff brown is back in the lineup we're losing , sorry for any of you brown fans out there , but check the stats the guy is a liability he's already - 3 in 3 games played , I don't care that he fights once and awhile , I don't see the point , let the young talented kids play and learn , pls move jeff brown,

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:32 am

Sorry but Jeff is not the problem - he played well

Last night we might have lost the way we were playing but when the refs

blew the call on Valentine - you knew it was lights out and it was

I would say there was at least 10 missed off sides and many other bad calls

A match penalty - I believe is an automatic 2 game suspension then up for

review for more - let's hope not

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 108 Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:32 am

Is anyone else noticing that these games are taking forever to play!! I live about a 5 min walk from the GMC and the games have taken about 2hrs in the past to play.

Friday's 7:35pm start - got home after 10pm!

Sunday's 6:05pm start - got home at 8:45pm! use to be about 8:15pm

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:46 am

So get rid of deHaan to mygens?

The Gens are 1-3-1, with him in the line up.

I think Brown has played three games and after not missing training camp needs to get his legs back. I'm more worried about deHaan, are PP and PK and are goaltending then what Jeff Brown is doing.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by stiffya74 Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:29 pm

I saw the crap call perfectly from the season ticket lounge. It was a clean hit and the momentum of the hit caused the players feet to come up. No deliberate 'slewfoot". I bet the officials hadn't called one of them before since the referee indicated hit to the head at the penalty box. It may have been a really border line 2:00 call but not the match that he got. We might as well have put the Three Stooges and Deke the dog out there last night. Probably one of the worst crew officiating all round. Phantom offsides..phantom penalties.Brutal

stiffya74

Number of posts : 24
Seat Section : standing room (when not working!)
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeynightinontario Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:27 pm

I thought Deke was a Teddy bear. Smile

Too many day games, an 11 am game for one of the year's bigger games, absurd officiating, and an (bleep) for a commissioner. Not enjoying this league anymore, maybe it's time for a breakaway league. That's how major junior started in the first place in Saskatchewan back in 1966.

hockeynightinontario

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Obviously dehaan is struggling getting back in the junior headspace , it's happened to many that have been to NHL training camps , his record speaks for itself , it's just a matter of time before calvin startsnto fit in with his many new teammates , jeff brown on the other hand is a perennial - player , -24 last year , already a - 3 in 3 games , jeff brown doesn't play well in his own end , his offensive prowess doesn't make up for his defensive deficiencies , he gets caught In the offensive or neutral zone all the time . Personally I don't have anything against the kid , but if its about taking the next big step I dont see it happening with brown getting much ice time , and it's not fair to him to keep him here if he's not going to play ......I say trade him for a draft pick or in a package for a solid goalie, which we need for sure .......i' sure dipiero will do the right thing , he's done a great job building this team this year thus far . We' ll see what happens .

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:08 pm

Oh and by the way archer-gens , the teams record of 1-3-1 , the past 5 games is in my view a direct reflection of our goaltending , we are not going to stay near the top with this goaltending duo we have now , the stats speak for themselves , the save percentage just isn't there , you've got to have a goalie with a .910 to .920 to keep your team at the top throughout the season .

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan4life Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:29 pm

i saw the replay on first local sports tonight and it was clean hit god knows how many games mr commisoner gives scott valentie it useally takes hime a week to make up his mind most of the time i think valentine shouldn't get any games at all since it was a clean hit.
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Number of posts : 125
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeynightinontario Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:11 pm

Generalsfan4life...I don't live in Durham, so I'm curious...how was it portrayed on highlights? As a BS/controversial call, or were they Branch apologists like Bob McKenzie, Scott Laughlin (XM, not the General player), and so many others media lackies?

hockeynightinontario

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan4life Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:22 pm

nope they just showed the valentine play and just mentioned the 5 min major to him and that's about it.
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Number of posts : 125
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gen44 Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:01 pm

I agree with MyGens. The problem is not De Hann. He's a premier defenceman. From where I sat, it was very evident that Hope was lost and out of position on 2 of the Saginaw goals. Plus if our goaltending could make a timely save every now and again to steal a game, we be in a better position. Gens lost the afternoon game against ?Ottawa as their goaltending stole that game. Last night, Saginaw's goalie came up with some large saves...when was the last time we could say that about Oshawa goaltending. I have yet to see Zador or Bailie stop a break away and if you look at the shoot out lost, they didn't stop a shot then either.

Gen44

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by moose Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:28 pm

On Rogers they kept saying Valentine got 5 for a head check---first im hearing of the slew foot!

moose

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:38 pm

It was announced at the game as a slewfoot.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:46 pm

The referee made a motion with his hand to his head which made people think he was signaling a blow to the head. I did try to look up the signal for head shot but did not find it.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeynightinontario Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:25 am

Oshawa fan wrote:The referee made a motion with his hand to his head which made people think he was signaling a blow to the head. I did try to look up the signal for head shot but did not find it.

It's tough to find because it's a penalty unique to Ontario. But the signal he gave is the head shot signal.

hockeynightinontario

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down