Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who came up with the Goalie names ?

+16
hockeybeats
Gensfan_118
Lindy88
JPH
gensrock
ogf
Seventhman
goalie gal
jaycro
Rinkrat
steamed
UGENS
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
Gens Fan 108
Kevy
Gens Camper
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who came up with the Goalie names ? Empty Who came up with the Goalie names ?

Post by Gens Camper Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 am

I was wondering who came up with the nicknames - Mad dog - The Cat

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Who came up with the Goalie names ? Empty Re: Who came up with the Goalie names ?

Post by Kevy Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:19 am

I was wondering that myself...came completely out of left field
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Who came up with the Goalie names ? Empty Re: Who came up with the Goalie names ?

Post by Gens Fan 108 Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:56 am

at the season ticket holders bbq back in Sept, Terry Johnson intro each player with their name & nic name. Bailie was introed as 'the cat '. I remember a couple of others.... Anton "the mad scientist' Zupancic (sp), Jeff 'brownie' Brown for example.

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:57 am

Well I think the " the cat's " nine lives are up

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Question why does every thread have to end up bashing the players for god sake give the kids a break ? Do you get this critizied at your job holy molie?

No matter how you feel they are still amatures, not professionals at this level. Maybe if you stopped for a moment and put yourself in their shoes you wouldn't being bashed all the tiime either.

I understand everyone is entitled to an opinion, but bashing isn't an opinion.

For the record the team mates called Bailie "The Cat" and Mad Dog has had the handle since before Junior hockey

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:01 pm

Isn't This site were you can voice your opinions, just because you don't agree with what is being said it dosn't make it wrong or right and should not be concidered bashing just a Gen's fan opinion and He/She should be able to voice it with out it being called bashing.

Quote:
Maybe if you stopped for a moment and put yourself in their shoes you wouldn't being bashed all the tiime either.

If I was Bailie, I would of pulled myself after the 4th goal because DePiero didn't, but that's my opinion
Laughing Laughing Laughing
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkrat Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:05 pm

I find it interesting how narrow minded some can be to target only goaltending..... To blame Sunday's total team collapse on Bailey is simply dumb.... One of the teams primary problems for a few years is not playing a full 60 minutes. think about it,,, is that not a better way to sum things up? Or do we take the easy way out and blame goaltending again....enough said

Rinkrat

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:32 pm

Sorry this is getting of the post but I didn't want to start another but in my opinion the goals that Bailie let in were very stopable and if Di Salvo were in net we would of won that game hands down even if the team didn't play a 60 minute game because all the goals were stopable,plus Bailie is a
3rd yr goalie and has learned nothing to improve his game,if it's status quo next season in net we are in trouble.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:56 pm

I have to go with steamed on this one as far as Bailie goes. Yes, it was a team defeat as they didn't play a full 60 minutes whether that was due to running out of gas or a young team that got rattled. The London team is even younger than the Gens. But, Bailie usually looks nervous as a "cat" on a hot tin roof out there, handles the puck like it's a hot potato and gives out rebounds like Hallowe'en candy. They have to find someone better for next year!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:06 pm

UGENS (Karon) Maybe you should take some of your own advice,yelling at the ref's at the games, as in your own words: Do you get this critizied at your job holy molie? and No matter how you feel they are still amatures, not professionals at this level. Maybe if you stopped for a moment and put yourself in their shoes you wouldn't being bashed all the time either. Wink

steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by goalie gal Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Why are we critizing the play of Bailie when it has nothing to do with the current topic. Those are the nicknames that Kevin and Peter go by. Maybe if you them then this wouldn't be an issue

goalie gal

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:42 pm

All this chatter because I made a remark about having " nine lives" , I would have hated to think I would have started a riot if I said Bailes " you sucked or something to that effect "

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventhman Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Some food for thought:

I find it a little odd that a handful of posters seem to routinely jump in and criticize the back-up goalie (Bailie) when, in their opinion, he hasn't performed up to standard, but they remain silent when our #1 goalie (DiSalvo), performs to an equal or less standard.

"If I was Bailie, I would have pulled myself out after the 4th goal because DePiero didn't...." Should DiSalvo have pulled himself out of any of the last 5 games after 4 goals when DePiero didn't?. I don't think so.

It's interesting to see, according to the website, that our goalies current GAA's this season while playing for the Generals are currently 3.47 and 3.65. Guess who's is lower? Does that mean Bailie is better - no, but it indicates to me he's in the ballpark.

Is there room for improvements on all aspects of the defensive side of our game, IMO yes. Do our goalies deserve all the excessive criticism, IMO no.

Seventhman

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:23 pm

To quote two London posters on The Noof following the Knights/Gens game, Bailie "looked weak" and "struggled". Yet another thread commented "couldn't stop a beachball". But, nuff said, we digress. Back to the nicknames and a more positive discussion.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:26 pm

On the topic of London goalies - they were not that GREAT

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:20 pm

How can I not chime in on this one. Finally people are starting to see 'the cat' for what he is. I AGREE WITH ALOT OF THE OTHER POSTERS, the Gens will do nothing with this guy next year. I am surprised the staff of the Gens have let it go......maybe they tried and the other 19 teams know!!! His name should not be 'the cat'....maybe 'trois cat' cause there have been more than 9 lives given up with his time here. I said it from the start, he is not a starter in this league and never will be. As time has gone by, he is not a great back up either. The Gens need to get a goalie for next year or all your dreams will be crushed. They have a better chance this year with Di Savlo and the inexperience. It is what it is now, so lets hope the players give it all they got and do some damage.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:20 pm

LMAO @ ALL
maybe, just maybe all other 37 goalies in the league told their GM's not to trade them to Oshawa cause some of their fans(posters on here) are CLOWNS when it comes to their opinion!
some of you people need to choose another team or better yet a different sport....most of you make me puke!
I surely hope none of you have any children playing any type of sports? and if you do let me know so i can start bashing them if they dont preform up to the standards of play.
please i beg you to do this....lets see how they feel and yourslef!
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:43 pm

gensrock wrote:LMAO @ ALL
maybe, just maybe all other 37 goalies in the league told their GM's not to trade them to Oshawa cause some of their fans(posters on here) are CLOWNS when it comes to their opinion!some of you people need to choose another team or better yet a different sport....most of you make me puke!
I surely hope none of you have any children playing any type of sports? and if you do let me know so i can start bashing them if they dont preform up to the standards of play.

GENSROCK, you are the CLOWN. Learn to read. The people on this board are not saying anything to your post. What I said (for example), is maybe 'the cat' was put out there to be traded, "and the other 19 teams didn't want him". No one has said anything about other goalies on any team. Shake your head gensrock and clear the crap you have in it, then read then thread again.....post after that....if you can understand it.

To add to your first line......I think the posters on here are true hockey fans and see what is going on and have different opinions about it...you however should take your own advice and maybe take up needlepoint....learn how to read first though, it may help with the patterns.

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:50 pm

ogf wrote:
gensrock wrote:LMAO @ ALL
maybe, just maybe all other 37 goalies in the league told their GM's not to trade them to Oshawa cause some of their fans(posters on here) are CLOWNS when it comes to their opinion!some of you people need to choose another team or better yet a different sport....most of you make me puke!

GENSROCK, you are the CLOWN. Learn to read. The people on this board are not saying anything to your post. What I said (for example), is maybe 'the cat' was put out there to be traded, "and the other 19 teams didn't want him". No one has said anything about other goalies on any team. Shake your head gensrock and clear the crap you have in it, then read then thread again.....post after that....if you can understand it.

To add to your first line......I think the posters on here are true hockey fans and see what is going on and have different opinions about it...you however should take your own advice and maybe take up needlepoint....learn how to read first though, it may help with the patterns.

first this is the only "post" i put on this topic! second, like i said maybe all 37 goalies said "no" to a trade to Oshawa so sorry you cant understand my post. go back & actually read my post.
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:52 pm

Gensrock, I think you need a prescription for all this puking you seem to do lately.

Must have the Emerson flu.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:01 am

gensrock .... no one said anything about '37 goalies', YOU did and you alone. Read the thread, then respond for or against what has been said....not against something that hasn't been said.

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:17 am

Steamed in response to your remarks to me . I don't bash the refs as you call it, I heckle them and I bet you do too. I don't go to a fan forum and hide behind an annomyous name to take shots at the refs or young players. Unlike you Mr. know it all annomyous!! Now untill you have enough balls to put your real name, like I do to your posts, try keeping your fingers Mr annomyous off the keyboard and grow up !!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:56 am

UGENS wrote:Steamed in response to your remarks to me . I don't bash the refs as you call it, I heckle them and I bet you do too. I don't go to a fan forum and hide behind an annomyous name to take shots at the refs or young players. Unlike you Mr. know it all annomyous!! Now untill you have enough balls to put your real name, like I do to your posts, try keeping your fingers Mr annomyous off the keyboard and grow up !!!

UGENS(Karon)

Again take some of your on advice GROW UP. calling a ref a "Hemroid" is a grown up thing to be yelling cheers
Mark Wink
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:50 am

A forum is a place for all to post opinions on various topics. Whether you agree with them or not, everyone has a right to post.

Personally, I cringe everytime I see Bailie in net.

Personally, I think we have far to much talent to consistently be playing down to the level of our competition, to me that's coaching.

Now, I'm not going to bash DePiero but I think he has shortcomings as a coach. He has done an amazing job as a GM however. I would like to see him continue in that role and see Joe Cirella as the coach.

Again, just an opinion for consumption. Fire away! Smile

Finally, I had the pleasure of attending the United Way event again this year, last night at East Side Marios. Most of these players are really great kids. Had a good conversations with many of them and they all had smiles when posing for pictures with my two sons.

In particular, I really enjoyed my chat with Nick Quinn.

Glenn
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:07 pm

Lindy88 wrote:A forum is a place for all to post opinions on various topics. Whether you agree with them or not, everyone has a right to post.

Personally, I cringe everytime I see Bailie in net.

Personally, I think we have far to much talent to consistently be playing down to the level of our competition, to me that's coaching.

Now, I'm not going to bash DePiero but I think he has shortcomings as a coach. He has done an amazing job as a GM however. I would like to see him continue in that role and see Joe Cirella as the coach.

Again, just an opinion for consumption. Fire away! Smile

Finally, I had the pleasure of attending the United Way event again this year, last night at East Side Marios. Most of these players are really great kids. Had a good conversations with many of them and they all had smiles when posing for pictures with my two sons.

In particular, I really enjoyed my chat with Nick Quinn.

Glenn

Thank you Lindy88 that's what I thought forms are meant to be to post (your) opinions,but I guess only UGENS can make an opinion and no one else can.
Mark Wink
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next