Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who came up with the Goalie names ?

+16
hockeybeats
Gensfan_118
Lindy88
JPH
gensrock
ogf
Seventhman
goalie gal
jaycro
Rinkrat
steamed
UGENS
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
Gens Fan 108
Kevy
Gens Camper
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who came up with the Goalie names ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who came up with the Goalie names ?

Post by Gensfan_118 Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:50 pm

I think Lindy88 has it right on, except that I'm fine with Bailie getting his share of starts.
Over the last 3 or 4 years, we've gone through at least 6 starting goalies (Zador, Bailie, Di Salvo, Kovar, Neuvirth, Borden) that I can think of on the top of my head, and to my recollection, none of them had very good numbers and posters at one point or another have been bashing them all except Di Salvo. Different forwards and defencemen, good and bad, have all come and gone, yet we continue to play lousy in our own end. To me, that means that it's the fault of the coaching staff. Anyone notice how certain teams are always at the top of the league in goals against?
Perhaps it's a conscious decision to play an only offence system since when draft day rolls around, all anybody seems to care about is goals and assists.
I too believe that this team, despite their relatively young age, are underachieving and playing down to their opponents' level, and that's where the frustration in my poorly delivered post from the London gameday thread came from. When I look at the roster that went to the conference finals a few years back (G - Borden, D - MDZ, Delory, Seegmiller, Regan, Corrente and Sciacca, F - JT, Mitchell, MacLean, Nagy, Kewin, Parnham, Cowic, Taylor, Baker, Andreoff, Hayes, Asselin), I don't see how this year's team is that far off. I would easily take this year's goalies and defencemen, and the depth of this year's forwards into the playoffs.

Gensfan_118

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Who came up with the Goalie names ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who came up with the Goalie names ?

Post by Kevy Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:51 pm

Why are people making such a big deal out of this? RELAX

Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:55 pm

On Joe Cirella being head coach - it may happen - however not so sure our play in our own end by our defense has improved

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:09 pm

Wow you guys certainly are pretty nasty to each other. I thought you were cheering for the same team?Laughing

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by newgensfan85 Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:44 pm

its so funny how this was a post about nicknames and all the sudden its become bashing of the backup goalie how about we get back on track

newgensfan85

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by top gunner Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:38 pm

I'm good with Bailie, my opi nion is he's an above average back-up. I'll give the bashing issue what I think it deserves, no comment.

top gunner

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Bailies is a great # 2, I agree.

Teams that have to number ones are helping no one, and in my opinion destroy team chemistry. In my opinion I think that a team needs a goalie as close to average skill as can be in the back up roll. I think thats Bailie.

on a side not my last name can be found in my tag, and exactly where I sit in my info (seat 1 most nights)
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:06 pm

ugens , is just sensitive to the kids , cant hold that against her , but this a place where we can voice our opinion on the "play " of the player , to me its never a personal shot at the kids , any kid playing on the gens is a nice young gentleman , my daughter sees them at various restaurants and always comments on how nice the boys are and very gentlemanly . I always give the gens organization credit for getting rid of "problem "kids , our community is proud of the youngs gens , year after year .
now having said all that , bailie is our back up , and its up to him to improve his game if he wants to play beyond this level , his play has been a disappointment , since he was afterall a first round pick , and along with that comes expectations . perhaps he will never measure up to his draft placement and that may be more the fault of the scouting staff that overrated him and missed their mark , we cant hold that against the kid . its all perspective guys , if bailie were drafted in the 6th round and he was our backup we 'd all be saying the kid has done amazing to make it this far ! Smile

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2